Login

russian armor

(2-4) Belmont (WIP)

11 Feb 2015, 14:45 PM

I know that I should add some track splines and grass, but I don't think it change much. Do you have any tricks/tips for doing this? Maybe it is better to do much smaller fields?

Gimme a sec just putting somethings together for you

I am interested too. :)

11 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM
Patrion 14

why don't you check out the farmlands in "Vaux Farmlands"?
11 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM

Updated my previous post containing the information.

And Pigsoup has a good point relic maps from either CoH1 or 2 are a good source of answers to the "What should I do with this area?" questions.
11 Feb 2015, 18:03 PM

Thank you very much Mirage. According to your tips I will more detail this open areas of the map, by creating more farm buildings, fences etc. I just been too faithfull to the original location, where there is nothing but the field.
11 Feb 2015, 18:11 PM

open fields are perfectly fine they just need detail in them to be more pleasing to the eye, if you find you want to stay truer to the original location simply try putting in bushes, trees, craters, rocks, ammo crates, burnt out vehicle wrecks and other such things that don't take away from the original location but add to the atmosphere of things that may have been there at the time of battle, things left behind by the population as they ran from the fighting, or things brought to the area by the armies, such as supplies and vehicles.
12 Feb 2015, 14:42 PM

A few things for your fields...

SPLATS SPLATS SPLATS!

Use colorize tool on the spline, and on the alpha scale, make parts of the field spline completely transparent, and then use a dirt layer in the tile tool to paint underneath the spline. I like one named Rocky Dirt or something to that affect. I use it everywhere. DONT FORGET to double click your tile layer, and change scale from .7 to 1.0. Do this at different parts of different splines, so you lose the repetitive pattern.

Also, make all of the splines semi transparent on the alpha scale, maybe 175-200, so the tile dirt layer is slightly visible through the field spline.

SPLATS!

and last but not least, dont forget SPLATS!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★