Login

russian armor

Tactics v. OKW?

25 Jan 2015, 21:06 PM

So, interestingly, having recently gotten into 1v1 moving from 2v2+ with a group of friends, I've made a strange revelation in my 1v1 games thus far. That being, I've yet to suffer a loss against an Ostheer player... but I'm also yet to win against the Oberkommandos.

I just can't seem to deal with the number and aggressiveness of the Oberkommando vehicles, especially Pumas - which usually make short work of an early Stuart if I bring it out, which normally forces me to go for an AT gun instead - though the M1 57mm doesn't seem to perform anything like as well against the Oberkommandos as it does against the Ostheer.

I usually use Paratroopers for my doctorine, though I'm usually quite flexible. I've got access to the three basic companies, as well as Rifle Company (though I dislike it). Anyone got any suggestions for potential tactics for dealing with the OKW early game?
25 Jan 2015, 22:36 PM

2ndRear echelon for map control, rifle, rifle, rifle, LT, m20, (plant two mines), 50cal. If you must kill a puma, consider buying bazookas. This is the normal USA meta against OKW. Sorry from a short answer i am posting with my mobile phone :snfPeter:
27 Jan 2015, 14:02 PM

Skip the luitenant all together and rush for Shermans. I haven't played with a luitenant in a looooong time :)
3 Feb 2015, 02:33 AM

For the longest time, if I didn't absolutely crush the opponent in the early game, I always ended up losing against OKW. I switched with some success to using an assault engineer start with demo charges to guarantee squad wipes, and delay the obersoldaten and heavy tanks. This is the only way I have been able to actually close games while I still have the advantage. The key is to put a lot of pressure in the early-middle game and get a couple of squad wipes from charges when he moves to reclaim ground.
3 Feb 2015, 09:33 AM

Always be on the lookout to try destroy their Base buildings, it might seem like a tough battle but its ussually always one worth fighting, keep them on back foot and keep 80% of the map capped.

If you take out a building, even if you lost a lot its a victoty because it will set him back a fair amount.

3 Feb 2015, 12:23 PM

Against OKW SP Headquarters (and other buildings):

Use smoke of the Sherman or Rifle on OKWs Schweres Panzer Headquarters. Than Pick 1-2 Paras and plant a Demolitian Charge which blows the SPH to hell.
6 Feb 2015, 20:00 PM

I've had a change in fortunes and a few wins recently, mainly through map control and changing tactics (Infantry if he clusters his forward command, for example). Now that I'm fully ranked and trying to make my way up in the world, I've met the dreaded volksblob.

Current loadout's looking at Recon, Airborne and Infantry company, though considering Armoured literally just for the engineers for demo charges as a potential counter.

Anyone got any suggestions for dealing with these, before another poor match like the last has me tearing my hair out?
7 Feb 2015, 02:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've had a change in fortunes and a few wins recently, mainly through map control and changing tactics (Infantry if he clusters his forward command, for example). Now that I'm fully ranked and trying to make my way up in the world, I've met the dreaded volksblob.

Current loadout's looking at Recon, Airborne and Infantry company, though considering Armoured literally just for the engineers for demo charges as a potential counter.

Anyone got any suggestions for dealing with these, before another poor match like the last has me tearing my hair out?

Learn to crush them with Shermans, Dont just sit at a distance taking hits from shreks. Gain speed,drive into/through them and push them around. Theyll either get crushed or be pushed so they wont fire.

For Best effects...Pop smoke on the blob THEN drive into them. they wont even move out of the way of the tank and theyll just be crushed in the smoke

If you go armored try doing the same thing with M10's and Dozers. They are great at CRUSHING shrek blobs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★