Login

russian armor

Community Map showcase and how to expand

22 Jan 2015, 15:29 PM
Donator 11

As I asked yesterday in (http://www.coh2.org/topic/29941/what-maps-would-you-add) I believe with such a large custom map pool that it would be a cool feature for players to vote on community maps to be added to rotation.

These maps would be added to auto rotation or adopted as normal maps and would give the player the "community map award" faceplate.

This would keep the game always new and fresh as well as allow the community to try new and different maps. The maps that the player could vote on would be available the month before and should probably be maxed at 2-3 to keep the community from having to choose to many maps. The voting could be placed after the match or on the main menu where Relic normally posts news updates as well as sales and such.

Let me know how you guys feel?
22 Jan 2015, 15:33 PM
22 Jan 2015, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 15:33 PMnigo
like this?

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/09/09/community-map-spotlight/

Relic dont care about new maps... :(

Like that but they need to be put into autorotation or only the comp stomp people will play them. If you put them into auto match they would get a significant increase in traffic as well as feedback.
I'm sure relic cares about maps somewhat, cynthia even said they were working on stuff but I dont think she was talking about the community showcase. I want to expand the showcase.
22 Jan 2015, 19:26 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2015, 15:38 PMMittens

Like that but they need to be put into autorotation or only the comp stomp people will play them. If you put them into auto match they would get a significant increase in traffic as well as feedback.
I'm sure relic cares about maps somewhat, cynthia even said they were working on stuff but I dont think she was talking about the community showcase. I want to expand the showcase.

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. Relic has yet to follow up on their OWN initiative regarding community maps. Its just another disappointment ESPECIALLY to those out there who have spent countless hours creating maps that never get serious consideration. I personally took the time on my own initiative (about 60 hours total) to learn map making using the great Workshop tutorials here and made my own map. In approximately 5 months, it has seen very little activity and not even anything as simple as an attaboy from Relic. Not ONE peep. Honestly, it has discouraged me from making more. Why would anybody put that much effort into something that is simply ignored by the community and by Relic?

Anyways, I think community maps are WAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list of priorities for them based on their rhetoric and more importantly their (lack of) action. I share your enthusiasm, but am also realistic about the current mindset.
22 Jan 2015, 22:26 PM

I support community maps wholeheartedly(50%+ of them out there are two times better than what Relic provides), the problem is most of the community isn't interested/aware of the maps out there....

Relic needs an easier way for people to try out and find community maps. Most people I find tend to not use the usual lobby that CoH2 has(mostly because it sux). If more people used it and showed off the custom maps they like to play more, more people would be interested in them.(like in coh1)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★