Login

russian armor

Ideas for PE/Brits rework

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
4 Apr 2015, 18:10 PM

The not-mobile AT gun is pretty essential for the defensive-oriented gameplay from brits, and I think they should keep it. About the hmg - yes, that's necessary as it's a key unit for all factions for blob control. If you don't have one you get a blob-vs-blob gameplay.

About flanking : yes, you're right about that. But I think there should be other ways to keep them unique while removing that mechanic. Atm I think the combo of recon sniping + heroic charge makes mgs redundant. Fixing those abilities should result in being able to counter them. Also, mgs should deal more damage to tommies. Even if they're tough as sh*t, a hmg should be able to deal with them.
5 Apr 2015, 19:01 PM

The not-mobile AT gun is pretty essential for the defensive-oriented gameplay from brits, and I think they should keep it. About the hmg - yes, that's necessary as it's a key unit for all factions for blob control. If you don't have one you get a blob-vs-blob gameplay.

About flanking : yes, you're right about that. But I think there should be other ways to keep them unique while removing that mechanic. Atm I think the combo of recon sniping + heroic charge makes mgs redundant. Fixing those abilities should result in being able to counter them. Also, mgs should deal more damage to tommies. Even if they're tough as sh*t, a hmg should be able to deal with them.

HMGs should ONLY be able to deal with tommies better than they already do if tommies have their movement speed penalty removed so flanking is possible. Also, even with that change it would be more difficult to flank since tommies cost way more than riflemen and you're always flanking with less units than your american counterpart would
17 Apr 2015, 20:36 PM

Well I haven't played the game in years but hopefully I can give my two cents on the matter. In regards to the Brits, yes there definitely needs to be some adjustment.

I for one happen to believe that the starting HQ truck should still be allowed to move and setup outside of the "base point" BUT only on Manpower points. The HQ truck would not be allowed to deploy on Munition or Fuel points. The remaining trucks would still be allowed to deploy on Munition and Fuel points. I might even suggest allowing two trucks to upgrade their resource income, except with a penalty. First truck resource upgrade is normal, second truck resource upgrade is half as effective or make both trucks 75% as effective.

The British Staghounds need their armor reduced.

I also think that the British should not have medics, but just a healing station. Maybe half the munition cost per use since it won't have medics.

I am not sure what the best way to deal with British veterancy would be. Perhaps add a third truck and removed the requirement of lt/cpt to build the next command truck (if third truck is implemented into the British forces, than the resource income would still be limited to only one truck). From this third truck (think of it as the vet building for wher), you could build your captain and veterancy upgrades that carry over to all individual units (not the same bonuses that are given to them from lts/cpts, but perhaps similar to wher upgrades). Captain could still provide his additional bonuses, since it is just 1 of him. Lieutenants need the overhaul in this system. I would probably just get rid of them all together and increase the base speed of tommys (or have that as part of one of the upgrades).

I wouldn't mind seeing the kangaroo replaced for another type of tank (perhaps the Chaffee M24 light tank).

I think the minesweeper option should be standard for sappers. Those sappers should also be allowed to place their demo charges anywhere (similar to commando demos). If you want piat sappers, you have to research that in the truck, and then that would allow you to build sappers (with piats) from your truck. However, those sappers would cost more manpower. Over repair could still be an upgrade option for standard sappers (meaning they could have mine sweepers, demos, and the ability to over repair). Although I can't say I like the over repair all that much and would like to see that replaced with something else. Piat sappers would not be allowed to unlock over repair.
28 Aug 2018, 12:50 PM

Sorry for the necro, just wanted to say that in my opinion, the British Army should be based on the British you face against in the German campaigns with their mobile support weapon teams and also special commando units, while the PE should probably be based on the not as mechanized II SS Panzer Corps that really was in Operation Market Garden, which would also mean that they would get support weapons, instead of relying only on light vehicles, that would also make them less fuel needing as well.

Basically for me it's really weird that the British were designed as a mostly defensive and largely static, emplacement relying Army trying to take Caen while the PE having to defend against the invading American and British paratroopers are so... aggressive.

But I think that they did a great job for the American and Wehrmacht Armies for their respective campaigns.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, maybe someone will pick this up as a mod or something.
4 Mar 2019, 03:26 AM

COH2 Brit is well design enough than the poopcrap vCOH one.
The whole vCOH Brit is about overpowered broken units, blobing and one click wonder.
Absolutely a cancer.
4 Mar 2019, 04:26 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't necro

/locked
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L