Login

russian armor

M10 vs M36?

14 Jan 2015, 19:40 PM

Good day fellas.

I am just curious which is the better choice? Are there situations where one is better then other one?

Personally I see very little difference. The m36 packing slightly more punch and having a tiny bit more survivability.

What you guys think?

-RJ
14 Jan 2015, 19:42 PM

M10 is good against infantry, just run over them.. M10 doesnt need teching, if you are desperate for anti tank, they can save you sometimes. They are also highly spammable, nothing is funnier than swarming the field with M10s.
15 Jan 2015, 00:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

M36 and Major in general is required against supported heavier armor in the late game.

M10 can work in those rough tough games where you wont see a heavy tank,maybe a panther or two, and the guy is good at cutting off your resources and you cant tech to a major cleanly.(Khlodony ferma right side for example)
Its OKAY against the P4. nothing special

But thats about it...

Like guy above me said its GREAT for CRUSHING inf and desperate AT ,like a fast luchs thats ripping you apart and all you have is LT or something..but even then it comes so late youd be better off just hanging in there till a major anyway..

if you want to play for doctrinal armor with no major,rifle company is way better.

If the M10 came at 5,or 6 CP then it would be epic. but it doesnt. so its not really in the meta,and kinda useless and overshadowed.
15 Jan 2015, 15:17 PM

M36 and Major in general is required against supported heavier armor in the late game.

M10 can work in those rough tough games where you wont see a heavy tank,maybe a panther or two, and the guy is good at cutting off your resources and you cant tech to a major cleanly.(Khlodony ferma right side for example)
Its OKAY against the P4. nothing special

But thats about it...

Like guy above me said its GREAT for CRUSHING inf and desperate AT ,like a fast luchs thats ripping you apart and all you have is LT or something..but even then it comes so late youd be better off just hanging in there till a major anyway..

if you want to play for doctrinal armor with no major,rifle company is way better.

If the M10 came at 5,or 6 CP then it would be epic. but it doesnt. so its not really in the meta,and kinda useless and overshadowed.

So help me understand. The M36 is better against heavier armor such as a tiger, KT, or otherwise. While the M10 is more for Panthers/P4s etc.
18 Jan 2015, 14:51 PM

So help me understand. The M36 is better against heavier armor such as a tiger, KT, or otherwise. While the M10 is more for Panthers/P4s etc.

Nope M36 beats M10s in AT role.. The only reason for getting M10s is if you skip Major and want to put pressure on your Opp early. like taking out his trucks, pumas

So if the match drags on M10s become a liability.
21 Jan 2015, 23:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sorry for late reply.

The M36 is not just better, but REQUIRED against heavy armor like King tigers,Jagdtigers,and elefants,

The M10 struggles to penetrate the REAR armor of these beasts. Combine that with its fragility and its USELESS against supported massive tanks.

The M10 is "acceptable" against tanks like the Panther/Pz4 but not advised if you can avoid it. if you cant avoid it and you need a tank destroyer NOW and you dont have a major,then sure, get an M10.

a jackson is the ideal choice no matter what. Never get an M10 if you can get a jackson is a rule of thumb.
21 Jan 2015, 23:14 PM
Benefactor 115

M10 = no P47 = gg
Kappa
23 Jan 2015, 07:07 AM
Senior Editor Badge

One thing to note is that, according to the veterancy guide, the Jackson gets penetration bonuses with vet whereas the M10 does not.
That factors into the M10 being an expensive piece of shit.

And it comes in at 7 CPs because a Stug E is 6, for example. Tryin' to make the shit balanced.
nee
11 Feb 2015, 07:46 AM

The M10 and Jackson is comparable to choosing StuG rather than P4. I believe the difference in fuel cost is identical as well.

If you can't get P4/ Jackson, then go for StuG/ M10. They are pretty much there for stopgaps or alternatives if you just need the AT right now but not enough fuel for something better.
11 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

I would love if M10 got +5range at vet 2. Puma can gets increase range with vet4, why M10 can't?
11 Feb 2015, 15:00 PM

I would love if M10 got +5range at vet 2. Puma can gets increase range with vet4, why M10 can't?
Crew ain't good enough. Needs to reach the 4th level of enlightenment at least. :snfBarton:
20 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

I would say M36 just to be on a safe side, not mention your get a major for a rally point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 5
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %