Login

russian armor

Improve ranking system, Relic

13 Jan 2015, 14:36 PM

Im not trying to hate or anything but How is Veloci raptor top 10 after 15 games??

4 possibilities:

- he's a phenomenon;
- he owns a good cheating program and on top of that, he is a good player;
- he owns the best ever cheating program;
- Relic ranking system sucks hard
13 Jan 2015, 14:44 PM
Donator 33

Slightly tangent, but XP doesn't even need to be visibly in the game at all. Sure it contributes to veterancy, but when you see a little +1200xp floater what relevance does that number have to anything? If you want to know veterancy you just look at the unit.
13 Jan 2015, 21:35 PM

This hundred levels of stars where everybody gets XP for everything they do was a bad idea from the start. If you don't have to earn it, how could it matter? Now we have 300 levels of badges and prestige that don't matter at all. Very poor design.

• Create a rank system that matters and reflects skill and ELO.
  • Show players their own ELO.

I assume there was a design meeting as follows:

"Should we show player the enemy stats?"

"Nah, they'll just quit if they are hugely outranked!"

"You're right, better to just let them get frustrated by the uneven matchups wasting 20 minutes of their life."

"Agreed!"
14 Jan 2015, 03:46 AM

they should make some changes since they made that ESL partnership. Things that help out the competitive scene need to be implemented
14 Jan 2015, 04:00 AM
Patrion 28

This hundred levels of stars where everybody gets XP for everything they do was a bad idea from the start. If you don't have to earn it, how could it matter? Now we have 300 levels of badges and prestige that don't matter at all. Very poor design.

• Create a rank system that matters and reflects skill and ELO.
  • Show players their own ELO.

400 i think.
14 Jan 2015, 05:24 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The goofy thing about the 300 *ahem* 400 *ahem* whatever levels is that they still max out at an arbitrary number. If you're gonna count xp for everything everyone does (so basically it's a meter of time spent in-game doing something), why stop counting at some made up number? It just boggles the mind how ridiculous that system is. But really they can just leave it because nobody cares about it anyway.

What they need to do is introduce a system that relates to skill in automatch. Guess what, they already have one, it's called ELO. So show everybody their own ELO (at least), and show enemy ELO and all players ELO changes in the endgame stats screen. That's such an easy change from a programming/design perspective and it would make such a huge difference to people who actually play this game to compete.
14 Jan 2015, 05:54 AM
Patrion 28

i agree. and it's not like people can't already get a very rough estimate of skill by looking at the leader boards. seeing ELO isn't going to cause people to fall over dead or anything.
14 Jan 2015, 06:05 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Seeing your own ELO change (+X or -X) at the end of a match would make a huge difference.
14 Jan 2015, 06:17 AM

we should see elo at end of game
14 Jan 2015, 06:25 AM

The goofy thing about the 300 *ahem* 400 *ahem* whatever levels is that they still max out at an arbitrary number. If you're gonna count xp for everything everyone does (so basically it's a meter of time spent in-game doing something), why stop counting at some made up number? It just boggles the mind how ridiculous that system is. But really they can just leave it because nobody cares about it anyway.

What they need to do is introduce a system that relates to skill in automatch. Guess what, they already have one, it's called ELO. So show everybody their own ELO (at least), and show enemy ELO and all players ELO changes in the endgame stats screen. That's such an easy change from a programming/design perspective and it would make such a huge difference to people who actually play this game to compete.

I have to applaud Relic on their effort to be honest. It must have been very hard work taking supper successful game as COH and making sequel that was hitting rock bottom many times.

Even now, we have so many fanatic COH players that circle game forums but don't play.

This game has been sabotaged by multitude of weird and stupid decisions from the get go.

Ladderboards
Ranks
Custom matches
Lobby (whispers, friends, etc)
Automatch (still cannot search as random for example)
Sledge hammer balancing
Pay to Win commanders

Saddly these are ^ only few of the decisions Relic made that drove playerbase away in large numbers.

IMHO this game should have had 10k+ players averaging after 6 months, not dropping down to just over 2,000 at the peak of Relic's refusal to pay attention to playerbase feedback.

At best my expectation is that Relic might do some half baked attempt to do something about it and deliver something in useless, unpractical form. Like they did with Leaderbords or custom game lobby

Lost all faith

14 Jan 2015, 07:21 AM

i wonder if any of the developers feel bad that they destroyed a once good franchise
14 Jan 2015, 07:33 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 07:21 AMNinjaWJ
i wonder if any of the developers feel bad that they destroyed a once good franchise

Comments like this are counter-productive. We're trying to give constructive feedback so that Relic can improve COH2. If I was a developer and I read a comment like yours, I simply wouldn't want to come back to the thread, which wouldn't do anybody any good.
14 Jan 2015, 07:40 AM

Comments like this are counter-productive. We're trying to give constructive feedback so that Relic can improve COH2. If I was a developer and I read a comment like yours, I simply wouldn't want to come back to the thread, which wouldn't do anybody any good.

sorry . i was just wondering. seems like a lot of good suggestions aren't being taken seriously. im not a programmer, but i feel that some small things can be taken to make things better
14 Jan 2015, 08:29 AM

I think CoH2 is a bit too late to salvage for big changes to the way it works but something like displaying Elo could be implemented if they wanted to. I just get the feeling they don't ever, ever want to show a casual player that they went down a rank. The reason they have these superfluous meaningless Call of Duty progression bars is to make it feel like you're always achieving something.

The DLC proliferation, the commander system, the rank system, the bare-bones feature set it had at launch... it all feels very much like a product of first THQ dying and rushing the development + focusing it on making as much money as possible, and second the product of Sega buying them and wanting to recuperate their costs as quickly as possible to make it a profitable acquisition. I really do think that we need a CoH3 to be a clean break away from some of the poor decisions they made during dev. I hope it's currently in development actually, with a Q1 2016 release :D
14 Jan 2015, 08:59 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, the game has "rushed" written all over it. what i don't get is why WFA is the same.

they are, but that this point a lot of people are so fucking fed up they just don't give a damn, myself included.
14 Jan 2015, 09:10 AM

I really do think that we need a CoH3 to be a clean break away from some of the poor decisions they made during dev. I hope it's currently in development actually, with a Q1 2016 release :D

do you guys really expect a coh3 ?
I mean, you shit talk relic so much (not you, it seems to be general) that I'd be Relic, I'd have given up on the coh franchise.
14 Jan 2015, 09:13 AM

do you guys really expect a coh3 ?
I mean, you shit talk relic so much (not you, it seems to be general) that I'd be Relic, I'd have given up on the coh franchise.

The only reason there won't be a CoH3 is if they don't believe it will be successful. Large scale business decisions are not executed on the basis of spiting fans who didn't like the direction that a sequel went in, but bought and played it anyway and bought and played a bunch of DLC for it as well.
14 Jan 2015, 09:28 AM

I invised few unnecessary messages here. You can go cry about the game in some different thread, this actually has some point in it.

So back to that point.

Ranking system definitely has a lot of room to improve. And I would like to see it improved. Atleast you can live with that so it's one of those nice-to-have features which I hope someone is working on background or something.

But right now bug fixes seems the most important.
14 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM

ON TOPIC

There are some great Ideas here. I would be happy to see new rankings introduced to give us a reason to be doing different things. From experience with ELO systems these reward players much better for their achievements rather than simply just their time spent.
+1 to basically everything here.

OFF TOPIC

Before I begin PLEASE people understand I mean no offense to anyone.

I find some people are just impatient, I understand things have been bad for a while now, in no way do I condone the lack of response coming from relic on these matters. I'm fully aware of how this game has risen and fallen like the Third Reich.

But it is just a game, there are many, many other games out there. Sometimes a break is all a player needs to want to return to their beloved games. A change of pace, return refreshed and feeling better about things, sure if there's been no patches it can be a turn off but at least you'll be feeling better about things. I love CoH but sometimes I've just got to go play other games, for instance Men of War Assault Squad 2 is great for a change of pace.

In saying all this, I too wish they would hurry up and fix some things, but its clear how we all feel, I find it's even more counter-productive to see so many threads here repeating things that have already been said before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Russian Federation 3
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak