Login

russian armor

Heavy Tank presence and Pop cap imbalance in game

10 Jan 2015, 12:38 PM

I also wrote this in balance feedback, and I'm writing here too:

We all know that we are not that fine with heavy tank call in presence in game, or it's just my opinion. The reason I think, along with the lack of rear armor and the micro free play of them, their population cap is pretty low. For example, a Panzer IV has 12 population cap. IS-2 and Tiger has 24. Would you rather have two Panzer IVs or one Tiger? Of course one Tiger! If I'm not mistaken, T-34 is 10 pop cap so, still, 2.5 of it still not as good as an IS-2. When playing with T-34s I have to micro a lot harder.

Especially this makes late game pretty harsh when you decide to tech up as Soviets and not rely on call ins fighting against OKW. Panther has 16 pop cap. Well, they can have one Panther and I have three T-34s(30 pop cap!), still he would have better infantry and Tank presence than me. And three T-34s cost more fuel and a lot more man power than a Panther. So what I'm saying is, let population cap do the balance for us, Make heavy call in tanks' population cap like 32. Panther, 20 maybe even 22. T-34/85, 14 each. So, when you call in a heavy tank; you would lack capping/infantry power. And many people would tech up because, it would actually have a good advantage. I think we can also increase population cap of Volks when a schreck added so things won't be as 'no brainer' as it is now. People would think about getting an upgrade or not.

Tell me what do you think, I think this is a matter that interests all factions.
10 Jan 2015, 13:12 PM

10 Jan 2015, 14:00 PM

The t34/85 and panther is a medium tank not a heavy tank increasing their pop cap will just make the pop cap system which is already pretty heavy imo even worse, and heavy tanks are already 25% of your pop cap so this suggestion wont help only make heavy tanks non existent, if anything the t34/85 should be unlocked at 9 0cp and built only from t3 like in the beta and heavy tanks pushed back 2-3cp and built only when tech to t3/4 or bp3.
10 Jan 2015, 16:17 PM

I agree with the concept. Popcaps need changes, specially for Americans. But the exact numbers need to be discussed.
10 Jan 2015, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 16:17 PMRMMLz
I agree with the concept. Popcaps need changes, specially for Americans. But the exact numbers need to be discussed.

Me too
10 Jan 2015, 16:58 PM
Patrion 14

This is a nice thread, nice idea. I wonder how much value the different factions have when each one has a maxed out pop army.

IMO I think US suffers the most from this, the MP bleed is real when you play them.
10 Jan 2015, 17:10 PM

The problems behind heavy tanks goes far beyond population cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★