Login

russian armor

Your Top 3 idea for diversifying the meta.

11 Jan 2015, 08:06 AM

Ever thought about how satisfying kicking someone's ass with units and commanders "everyone" thinks are useless might be?

Garden "everyone", "everyone" doesn't know pudding

We have no interest in using fail designed idiotic commanders.

But of cause the "Pros" know coming out of there holes and want Attention: "Look look i am so pro iam even using useless commanders and still winning just look look".
11 Jan 2015, 08:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 08:06 AMAffe

We have no interest in using fail designed idiotic commanders.

But of cause the "Pros" know coming out of there holes and want Attention: "Look look i am so pro iam even using useless commanders and still winning just look look".

I'm desperately trying to work out what point you are trying to make.

"This Commander is terrible, no one uses it and you stand no chance of winning"

"I'm using it and I'm winning"

"Well you shouldn't. How dare you do that"
11 Jan 2015, 08:18 AM

Don't forget also:

"I don't want to risk my rank by playing anything other than the 4 doctrines "everyone" knows are the only good ones

But I will also complain about being bored."

Ever thought about how satisfying kicking someone's ass with units and commanders "everyone" thinks are useless might be?

Garden "everyone", "everyone" doesn't know pudding

To follow up, this is where I brought up predictability, I give credit to the players who will accept a few losses to show that while yes they are beatable they are also unpredictable because they're willing to think outside the box, meaning their opponent can not guarantee a win against them.

I see many threads based on OP or UP units or factions, while I agree things aren't perfect and most likely never will be. People seem to forget that not only units, but commanders themselves are designed to counter each other. This ideal seems to have been forgotten with so many commanders available now, but is clearly visible by simply looking at the commanders skill sets. some commanders are linear some are broad spectrum.
11 Jan 2015, 09:51 AM

Not exactly well thought of, but...

Call-in meta: Get rid of fuel teching costs, bind them to a timer and make em cost mp only, so you cant trade no tech for call-in tanks. Adjust fuel gain from strat points and or fuel costs of units while you are at it.

Vet5Volk_Obers/Vet3lmggren vs indirect fire quad wipe meta: Dont change okw vet, adjust the others so late game vet is balanced. get rid of one shots without the chance to avoid by microing (hitting retreat is not what i mean). Maybe increase accuracy for barrage of indirect fire so it can reliably deny cover and force repositioning, change damage to below model life outside the very center and increase splash radius with lower damage. Same for other guilty units (HE Sherman, tigers, is2, isu).

Heavy-Tank meta: Make Heavy Tanks off-road slower then infantry and decrease accuracy on the move, so they can catch up and snare reliable, while mediums keep a speed advantage. anyone remember that blitz abilty on axis heavys, yea thats gone or changed now too.. Up pen for atguns.
11 Jan 2015, 15:39 PM
Benefactor 392

To follow up, this is where I brought up predictability, I give credit to the players who will accept a few losses to show that while yes they are beatable they are also unpredictable because they're willing to think outside the box, meaning their opponent can not guarantee a win against them.

I see many threads based on OP or UP units or factions, while I agree things aren't perfect and most likely never will be. People seem to forget that not only units, but commanders themselves are designed to counter each other. This ideal seems to have been forgotten with so many commanders available now, but is clearly visible by simply looking at the commanders skill sets. some commanders are linear some are broad spectrum.

To reinforce von voort's statement about people being to scared about their rank, I find this very true. I also find these people way to silly, for many reasons. However I would like to keep my mouth locked down on BM for it is rude.

Also to add that once they hit their peak performance they usually tend to give up because the "game is broken cause I'm not winning". TERRAN OP! ZERG OP! PROTOSS OP! for those who don't remember lol

As to follow up on mirage. I agree that cloning is a HUGE problem with most players. They see a strategy and put it down to the point where they can't get any more better to the timing for the units to come out. That when they do encounter any force of resistance they immediately go to the conclusion that it isn't their fault for being predictable and losing, and that the other faction is overpowered.
This goes for all factions.
When in most cases the other player knows how to defeat the same type of play 5 different ways get flak for it. And don't tell me they don't because it does happen.

I also agree that not all units are perfect, however the issues with most of them are extremely small. as for commanders, are all dependant on your style of play, not only a counter, there are a lot of defensive and offensive commanders.

@What Doth Life?!-- when pro players start calling certain things broken I tend worry about it. only because i'm not a pro player have so much on my plate to fix first before I look at small details. And yes, most of what they are talking about are somewhat of a mild manner issue.
12 Jan 2015, 03:38 AM
Coder Red Badge

Relic isn't going to remake the whole game, you shouldn't be asking for or expecting that to happen.

You're right, they aren't going to redesign anything. But the thread asked about diversifying the meta, and a redesign is the only real way to do it; everything else is just a bandaid on a problem that isn't going to go away.

You can patch the game and make different units viable, but at the end of the day you're still stuck with a game that has very little in the way of interesting strategic options, and a game that lacks that sort of depth is always going to settle down into a fairly stale metagame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS