Login

russian armor

Show ESL the COH2 community

7 Jan 2015, 08:45 AM
Patrion 14

"Want ESL to support CoH2 with leagues and events? Drop a comment there, show them there is a community and it needs their help." - Sinistro_ from coh sub reddit.

Drop a +1 Here!!

I am just relaying this message from Sinistro_ from coh sub reddit to here coh2.org, so more people can show support!
7 Jan 2015, 13:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

they used to support coh2
7 Jan 2015, 15:43 PM
Benefactor 115

I spent a lot of time running that section but I got burnt out because of various reasons and moved to a different section.

I don't think they'll start it up again until that deal with Relic is completed or someone else from the community would volunteer to run the section.
7 Jan 2015, 16:03 PM

Almost nobody participated in the previous ESL Tourneys. No point to launch that again.
7 Jan 2015, 16:05 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 16:03 PMSchewi
Almost nobody participated in the previous ESL Tourneys. No point to launch that again.

+1 on this.

and SNF, coh2.org, Ami and awa59noob > ESL :P
7 Jan 2015, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 16:05 PMnigo
SNF, coh2.org, Ami and awa59noob > ESL :P
QFT. :thumbsup:
7 Jan 2015, 16:14 PM
Benefactor 115

Yeah, was totally worth my time :/
7 Jan 2015, 16:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Yeah, was totally worth my time :/

Ipkai,

getback and help ami with coh2.org tournaments :P
7 Jan 2015, 16:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 16:05 PMnigo

+1 on this.

and SNF, coh2.org, Ami and awa59noob > ESL :P

Agreed with Schewi. I don't get this tho, it sounds very disrespectful to the work IpKai did since he alone represented the whole ESL COH2 section. He spent a lot of hours on ESL with no return and he always got little to no collaboration and partecipation from the community (way way less than what instead we got on COH2.ORG).

He also got no help from Relic organizing past events and he got no recognition in the recent blog post even tho he contributed with a lot of tournaments.

Sorry but I don't get all the fuss about getting ESL a new COH2 section, the old one was getting less than 50% events partecipation and nobody ever stepped in to help IpKai.
7 Jan 2015, 17:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

from reedit, the guy who asked for this ESL thing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/2rgvhf/want_esl_to_support_coh2_with_leagues_and_events/

Primetime? Getting a league (Go4CoH2) in a system isn't primetime. But I do agree, the game needs a lot of fixing, there are too many performance issues, design issues (warspoils system I'm looking at you), and even consistency!! (WFA skins and bulletins can't be grinded - with your wallets and gameplay respectively).
But as I said in that thread, what do I know? probably nothing. For a community that behaves like this:
"We're posting "+1" because being asked to "make a thread" after that $18k announcement at gamescom 2014 is quite ridiculous.
We want Go4COH2 cups for money prizes, not ladders."
Don't get me wrong, I do respect Ami, he is one hell of a caster, he did and does a lot of things for "The Community". But hiding behind a "+1" it is just mocking. Call ESL out, call relic out, you don't have to hide or mock them, I believe there are no childrens playing this game competitively, so just say the damn thing already.
but again, what do I know? probably nothing, so I will be on my games vs AI and have my small portion of fun.

curious, a guy asking for ESL support that only plays against AI...
7 Jan 2015, 20:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

And who doesn't know anything about what IpKai or Ami or others has done so far for this game..
7 Jan 2015, 22:41 PM
Donator 22

Well, I don't know much about ESL, and I'm a long time player of both Coh2 and vCoh. But anything I can do to create a larger player base and growth/support for the game is worth doing.

I also appreciate any efforts made by anyone associated with Coh2.org to do this in the past. (i.e. Ipkai, Ami, and others).

Lets focus less on what wasn't done and more on what CAN be done. :)
7 Jan 2015, 22:56 PM

Why? I doubt it'll go anywhere and you will most likely won't receive any support from relic. They seem bent on creating some pseudo league with esl on their own with out help from the community.
8 Jan 2015, 06:24 AM
Donator 11

+1, I'd love more tournaments. I can't speak for the last since I was in hiatus but anything that helps create more buzz or bring in new players i'm down for.
8 Jan 2015, 06:48 AM
Donator 33

What's esl known for anyway? Do they do dota or something?
8 Jan 2015, 10:12 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

ESL (Electronic Sports League) is owned by Turtle Entertainment. The original company is based in Cologne, Germany, and is the largest E-sports organization in Europe supporting all games. About 2-3 years ago they expanded to America. They're world famous for hosting such huge events as IEM (Intel Extreme Masters) for Starcraft/CS/Quake/LoL and ESL One for dota2 in Frankfurt, amongst many other world renowned events.
9 Jan 2015, 01:14 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 16:16 PMnigo

Ipkai,

getback and help ami with coh2.org tournaments :P

nope, I'm busy with a new project at ESL and I have to say I'm completely burnt out working on Relic titles after 8 years of the same old same old.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★