Login

russian armor

Steel Wires on Semoskiy bridges, any way around?

5 Jan 2015, 21:42 PM

Is there any way to counter steel-wire bridge rush on Semoskiy? Nothing will break it but tanks. Forcing my entire army through the east crossing = suicide.
5 Jan 2015, 21:50 PM

It's called an AT Gun Kappa
5 Jan 2015, 21:54 PM

It's called an AT Gun Kappa

That's called forcing a players hand with zero commitment or investment. Game breaking. Is there any other way?

P.S please keep that cringeworthy twitch jargon to twitch, its the lamest thing since l337 speak. Thanks.
5 Jan 2015, 22:20 PM

Kappa is used everywhere on the website dude, get used to it.

4Head
5 Jan 2015, 22:23 PM
Donator 33

If you let your opponent wire off your bridge then yes, there's no way to remove the wire without ATGs, medium tanks or bazookas.

You can also go for AssEngis and use demos MVGame
5 Jan 2015, 22:26 PM

Kappa is used everywhere on the website dude, get used to it.

4Head

Thanks for the warning. I guess I'm just not cool enough nor hilariously original for this forum? KAPPA.

I suppose this design flaw truly is a broken feature, then? And no, im not talking about people still finding 'Kappa' and 'MVGame' hilarious enough to use outside of Twitch.

5 Jan 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 22:26 PMdTox

Thanks for the warning. I guess I'm just not cool enough nor hilariously original for this forum? KAPPA.

I suppose this design flaw truly is a broken feature, then? And no, im not talking about people still finding 'Kappa' and 'MVGame' hilarious enough to use outside of Twitch.

I don't think I would put it that way. Something involving the word "pretentious" might be fitting though.

And no, as was explained to you it isn't a design flaw or a broken feature.

The first step is not to let them wire it up, failing that use an at gun + attack ground.
5 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Twitch's emotes are to a certain degree an integral part of the CoH2 social community because [popular CoH2] Twitch streams often servers as the primary chatroom for discussion of CoH2 things.

There's really no reason to be offended by it; it's parallel to being a Grammar Nazi. If it really bothers you that much, either just ignore when it's posted or leave.

5 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM
Donator 33

I don't think it's broken. Does your opponent wire the bridge off right at the beginning or during the game?

If the former is the case: How exactly is your enemy getting to this bridge AND is able to wire it off? Do you stay for 2 minutes in your base before doing something?

If it happens during the game at some point you should have tools to deal with it.

m00
5 Jan 2015, 22:51 PM
Donator 11

Ugh I feel your pain, such a cheese tactic and I do wish there were cheaper solutions to bringing them down instead of waiting precious minutes before that AT gun comes out and finally ends up hitting it. But yeah as long as you get to the sturms before they finish building them they go down pretty quickly forcing a retreat.
5 Jan 2015, 22:58 PM

If you let your opponent wire off your bridge then yes, there's no way to remove the wire without ATGs, medium tanks or bazookas.

You can also go for AssEngis and use demos MVGame

Requires a doctrine choice + unit investment. Seems fair.

I don't think I would put it that way. Something involving the word "pretentious" might be fitting though.

And no, as was explained to you it isn't a design flaw or a broken feature.

The first step is not to let them wire it up, failing that use an at gun + attack ground.

Yes, i guess it was my mistake overseeing such a silly design flaw on my return to COH2.

Twitch's emotes are to a certain degree an integral part of the CoH2 social community because [popular CoH2] Twitch streams often servers as the primary chatroom for discussion of CoH2 things.

There's really no reason to be offended by it; it's parallel to being a Grammar Nazi. If it really bothers you that much, either just ignore when it's posted or leave.

People with bad grammar cant help their stupidity or laziness. But even the smartest of people can help typing 'Kappa' at someone on the internet. Sure amongst Twitch chat and fellow potatoes, knock yourselves out! Yes i should just ignore it.

OKW has very strong jaeger-engineers. They can also field a fast Jeep. In combination, its very easy to force your Riflemen off one side of the map and wire that side's bridge before you can find your way back up there and kill the engineers in time. You cannot be securing both flanks utterly at all times during the early game, you can't always have total map domination.

All the OKW retard has to do is move his force from east-west and vice versa until he has managed to secure all bridges with wire. If I'm going for a half-track strategy, I'm fucked for another 5-10 minutes unless I invest in a unit i don't want to build nor is useful to my strategy just to break some free damn WIRE. I don't mind how you want to spin it, this is a design flaw, beyond stupid.

I don't think it's broken

It is. I hope Relic read these forums and think about dealing with this nonsense.

5 Jan 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 22:58 PMdTox

Yes, i guess it was my mistake overseeing such a silly design flaw on my return to COH2.

People with bad grammar cant help their stupidity or laziness. But even the smartest of people can help typing 'Kappa' at someone on the internet. Sure amongst Twitch chat and fellow potatoes, knock yourselves out! Yes i should just ignore it.

OKW has very strong jaeger-engineers. They can also field a fast Jeep. In combination, its very easy to force your Riflemen off one side of the map and wire that side's bridge before you can find your way back up there and kill the engineers in time. You cannot be securing both flanks utterly at all times during the early game, you can't always have total map domination.

All the OKW retard has to do is move his force from east-west and vice versa until he has managed to secure all bridges with wire. If I'm going for a half-track strategy, I'm fucked for another 5-10 minutes unless I invest in a unit i don't want to build nor is useful to my strategy just to break some free damn WIRE. I don't mind how you want to spin it, this is a design flaw, beyond stupid.

It is. I hope Relic read these forums and think about dealing with this nonsense.

Im reasonably sure attack ground with a halftrack will do the trick
5 Jan 2015, 23:09 PM

I will try this thank you sir.
5 Jan 2015, 23:36 PM
Donator 33

Attack move will do the trick. Attack ground is likely to miss.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 22:58 PMdTox

It requires a doctrine choice for USF - not for Soviets :nahnah:
5 Jan 2015, 23:58 PM

6 Jan 2015, 14:57 PM

Attack move will do the trick. Attack ground is likely to miss.

I was unaware that units would auto attack wire. Are you sure about that?
6 Jan 2015, 15:10 PM
Donator 33

I was unaware that units would auto attack wire. Are you sure about that?

No, units don't attack structures automatically :D

Using attack move on wire or abandoned vehicles/support weapons is just more accurate than attack ground.

Press A > click on wire or other structures (buildings/support weapons etc) and units will aim at it.
6 Jan 2015, 15:36 PM

m20 bazooka crews, gaurds PTRS, captains bazookas, AA HT these are tthe things that can destroy it without spending too much resuorces.
6 Jan 2015, 17:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You can also try putting an early fighting position near your cutoff if you are paranoid about losing it. Units in a fighting position are immune to suppression and can't get pushed around by sWs trucks. If you are about to start losing your cutoff, hop in the fighting position. Riflemen or REs should be able to discourage any sturmpios from laying wire across the bridge.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
Peru 20
United Kingdom 45
unknown 8
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W