Login

russian armor

Listen to this beautiful song and read the lyrics - COH2 <3

• This thread is locked
3 Jan 2015, 11:24 AM

As it wills, the fate strikes down, today it's me and tomorrow you, I hear the crows shriek from afar, at the dawn, why this must be?

usfusfokwokwsovietssovietsostheerostheer

RIP <444>3

3 Jan 2015, 13:51 PM
Patrion 14

More fanboys of the losing side. Who were Nazis. Sheesh.
3 Jan 2015, 13:57 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Not every soldier in the Wehrmacht was a Nazi :facepalm:
3 Jan 2015, 13:58 PM
Patrion 14

Cry me a river. The amount of pro-Nazi Revisionism on this forum is disgusting.
3 Jan 2015, 14:02 PM

Chill, like Fichten said, not every Wehrmacht personnel was a nazi. I'm not sure why you're acting like this but we'll leave it at that.

3 Jan 2015, 14:06 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Cry me a river. The amount of pro-Nazi Revisionism on this forum is disgusting.

Well tbh you are thinking pretty limited! So many German soldiers were killed because some crazy Austrian wanted to conquer Europe and not for me every one of them died in vain!

My grand grandfather for example was forced to fight in Italy in 1945 although he had 6 children and he was already 43 years old. He fought brave although he hated the Nazis and was stabbed by an American soldier while standing guard.

I am NOT defending the Nazis they were a bunch of fucked up mindless pricks, but damn son you should pay some respect to the dead although they were on the losing side.
3 Jan 2015, 14:07 PM

Well tbh you are thinking pretty limited! So many German soldiers were killed because some crazy Austrian wanted to conquer Europe and not for me every one of them died in vain!

My grand grandfather for example was forced to fight in Italy in 1945 although he had 6 children and he was already 43 years old. He fought brave although he hated the Nazis and was stabbed by an American soldier while standing guard.

I am NOT defending the Nazis they were a bunch of fucked up mindless pricks, but damn son you should pay some respect to the dead although they were on the losing side.
o_O A pity your great-grandfather had to die at the end of the war.:(
3 Jan 2015, 14:10 PM
Patrion 14

Let's just all chill here.
3 Jan 2015, 14:18 PM

This one s is much much cooler and more epic here:

3 Jan 2015, 14:25 PM

2 absolutely epic Tribute Videos to the german panzers of WW2.

3 Jan 2015, 14:33 PM
Patrion 14

but damn son you should pay some respect to the dead although they were on the losing side.

I'm 45. You're probably in your twenties. 'Son.'

Edit - every German who died in the Second World War died in vain. Because they were ultimately fighting for the Third Reich. The clue is in the swastika on the uniforms.

The subtle 'tributes' and 'poor mislead landser' memes on this forum are suggestive on one thing only - a creeping revisionism about the war. I blame education.

Look at the usernames and Nazi fetishism. It's either deluded, creepy or offensive. Get as butthurt as you like about it but it's a problem in this community.

3 Jan 2015, 14:43 PM

Permanently Banned
As much as I'd like to disagree with you BeltFedWombat you're probably right. Most of the people I've met who are fanatics of German WW2 history are generally young adults who are going through an edgy phase in their life. Granted I am a young adult but I think I have enough rationality to see this from an ageless perspective.

I'll just leave this here.

3 Jan 2015, 14:51 PM
Patrion 14

^ Yup.

Look at the OPs romanticism. Jesus, some people here seem to think WW2 = Warhammer 40K.
3 Jan 2015, 14:54 PM

God the idiots. My Grandfather was in SS Nord. Was he a nazi? Hell no he hated the regime but fought for the love of his family for his brother was killed in the invasion of France. Many people celbrate the wehrmacht and its troops because they were men who lived and died for the fatherland not hitler. The soldiers diserve to be remeberd and not forgotten in vain.
</endrant>
3 Jan 2015, 14:55 PM

Whilst I'd agree that it's kinda unfair to disrespect the soldiers, I'd totally agree that the creeping Wehrmacht fanboyism is something I find increasingly concerning, particularly the preoccupation with their hardware, weapons and "stylish" uniforms and the ignoring of certain other aspects of the war (i.e. that they fought for an evil regime bent on genocide which killed millions and would have killed millions more and that the Wehrmacht wasn't innocent of obscene war crimes during the war).

Me, I have a great interest in the Red Army of the war, I find its story fascinating, but I don't forget for a moment that they also fought for an evil regime, which did also kill millions. The attitudes of certain Wehrmacht fanboys here would lead me to suggest that they tacitly share the Nazi's view that the Red Army and its soldiers were subhuman... (like their endless assertions that the Red Army won through numbers and human wave assaults.

I think because all the people who fought in the war are dying now, the Nazis are now undergoing a certain amount of revisionism to show them as less bad.

Guys, they killed millions, led to the deaths of millions and caused the deaths of millions of their own people. World War II, the destruction of Europe and the deaths of 50 million + people, wouldn't have happened if it weren't for them!!

To show "tributes" or whatever to their tanks or something is creepy and wrong.
3 Jan 2015, 14:55 PM

In this thread we can see again that being older than 18 or 21 does not always mean that somebody is mature.

Both sides commited war crimes. The argument "But they did.... and we killed 2 less!" does not count. It is not okay to fangirl over Nazis, fangirling over Allies is also not okay. You aren't the.... if you love the ones who killed innocents to defeat the Nazis. There were no heroes. Deal with it.

I don't know where, but I read somewhere a sentence like "If it wasn't for the war these men would have probaly been friends."

The soldiers in the war were not evil. The politics behind them were.

So let people pay respect to their grandfathers, no matter from which country.
3 Jan 2015, 14:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

AFAIK,the tune from the OP is an adaptation of this :

And by posting that, I am immediately aware that this is highly political as well, since we will then have the Vietnam war explored, for and against.

This is not a political message board

@OP

Music vids should go in the music thread in the Scrap Yard, please! :)

3 Jan 2015, 14:59 PM

In this thread we can see again that being older than 18 or 21 does not always mean that somebody is mature.

Both sides commited war crimes. The argument "But they did.... and we killed 2 less!" does not count. It is not okay to fangirl over Nazis, fangirling over Allies is also not okay. You aren't the.... if you love the ones who killed innocents to defeat the Nazis. There were no heroes. Deal with it.

I don't know where, but I read somewhere a sentence like "If it wasn't for the war these men would have probaly been friends."

The soldiers in the war were not evil. The politics behind them were.

So let people pay respect to their ancestors.

This* Respect the people who have died. Be it they died for whatever they still are humans and are gone. We mist not forget the bad so as not to repeat it but at the same tile we need to remember the good, the humanity of it all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★