Login

russian armor

Using the Panther

2 Jan 2015, 11:52 AM

Hey guys.I've been having a little trouble using the panther lately.

I was wondering whether you guys could tell me how you use the panther.

Thank you.:)
2 Jan 2015, 14:09 PM

Hey man, I think the Panther is one of the best tanks in the game, if used properly. Dont rush into paks, and dont get too close to inf, it sucks vs. inf. Always try to make sure that your enemies shoot at your front armour, its much thicker than the sides or the rear. The Panther is a mobile tankkiller, easily cutting down enemy armor. It can handle most of enemy Armour, it is only having trouble with the ISU or IS-2 sometimes. So dont attack those big ones alone with your Panther alone, because most soviet players will have a Zis around.

As OKW I mostly get it as a mobile AT-unit, using if defensive but sometimes pushing in combination with my Volks and Obers or Fallschirms. If your mate is also having some tanks, as OKW the Command Panther is the better choice because it gives nice buffs ( Aura at Vet 1 gives additional sightrange [20%], speed and acceleration [10%]) and the mark target ability pwns, but I would not recommend it in 1v1.

If the enemy got more armor than you, and thats likely in a even game, it is helpful to have other at-units like raketenwerfer or shrecks on the field to support your panther. Never rely on a Panther as your only AT. Mostly the enemy will try to shut down your panther fast, its the most valuable piece of your army for that moment. Dont overestimate your panther, stickys or at nade are pain for the panther, in combination with a pak, the panther dies quite fast. So use it wisely and it can easily bring you the victory. With veterancy, it gets even better and the blitz ability helps to get out dangerous situations.

Hope it was helpful to you :)
2 Jan 2015, 14:57 PM

Ok thanks.:)
4 Jan 2015, 04:36 AM

I think that playing as the OKW, you need to use the panther in a more defensive way. The enemy has more tanks than you and you cannot risk losing it, especially with the fuel penalty you're suffering.

Always back it up with some other units, at least one or two of infantry and maybe a racketen werfer or something like that.

Try to avoid being flanked by enemy tanks. Your front armor is a hell to penetrate for most of American tanks so keep that in mind an use it to your advantage (except Jacksons, and their shells will even be deflected sometimes).

Try to gather as much intel as possible on the whereabouts of your enemy. Information is power. Keep that in mind.

I hope I have been able to help you.
4 Jan 2015, 18:55 PM

i'm not a good player but in these two game i use panther well i think :)
I hope you have fun

5 Jan 2015, 05:16 AM

Hey guys.I've been having a little trouble using the panther lately.

Thank you.:)

babysit the panther till it hits vet 2 where it gets extra armor after that it can deflect a lot of AT shots.. Panther is a good choice vs USF if he has a lot of shermans or he goes sherman first.. But Jacksons are hard counter for Panther so you will need some volkshrecks infront of panther. If jacksons get too greedy and chase your panther your volk shrecks will make short work of them.

His rifles will overwhelm your volk shreck squad so make atleast 2 obers to support volk shrecks and you have a good force to combat any US threat.

against soviets its the same deal baby sit panther and get it to vet2 if possible before IS2 arrives.. most players will either get a t34 or KV8 which comes out at about 11-13 min mark you should be able to get a panther out at 14-15 mins.

clear ZIS with obers push with panther take pot shots at armor pull back and repair ( plant mines at panther retreat path)
5 Jan 2015, 16:46 PM

I love using the command panther in tandem with a puma or two. The enemy will probably target your panther as it looks like a bigger threat, that is fine. Stay back with the panther on long range and flank with the puma. This is very effective against all medium tanks and many heavy tanks as well. The puma deals surprisingly big damage, especially with vet, and the command panther can soak up many hits and make the puma even better. This works with a regular panther too.

This is how i use the panthers. Never alone but always in combination with a puma or a jagdpanzer IV. Try to always fight at the edge of your range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★