Login

russian armor

Howitzer Tank Overperforming

PAGES (9)down
3 Jan 2015, 21:22 PM

Lol Cruzz, thats what you call an RNG outlier. In that very same cast you can also admire the Luchs shooting repeated full bursts at 2 Airborne squads from point-blank and intermediate ranges respecitvely and archieving almost fuck all....
3 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM

LOL

Budwire or better said the Admin opened two threads about nerfing the M8 and the Demos. Both allies units.

Totally an axis fanboy, or why dont you adress some of the other issues, like axis Übermenschen or King Insta Win Tiger?
3 Jan 2015, 21:54 PM

OP is joking right?
3 Jan 2015, 22:49 PM

LOL

Budwire or better said the Admin opened two threads about nerfing the M8 and the Demos. Both allies units.

Totally an axis fanboy, or why dont you adress some of the other issues, like axis Übermenschen or King Insta Win Tiger?

Look around, there is already a thread about pretty much every OKW unit in this forum being overpowered, why should he open another one for those units?

Would be more worried about allied bias when they feel instantly overly defensive like that when two of their units get discussed.
3 Jan 2015, 23:30 PM
Donator 33

Every weapon with some AoE got buffed when relic changed the cover system (including the Scott).

Nerfing units because of that is wrong IMO. Models should just stop bunching up as much as they currently do.
4 Jan 2015, 00:32 AM

Lol Cruzz, thats what you call an RNG outlier. In that very same cast you can also admire the Luchs shooting repeated full bursts at 2 Airborne squads from point-blank and intermediate ranges respecitvely and archieving almost fuck all....

we call this shit happens. better sacrifice another goat to the RNG god
4 Jan 2015, 00:42 AM

LOL

Maybe you should play both factions before instantly throwing out the fanboy card.

Just sayin.

I really don't understand why anyone only ever plays one faction. It actually boggles my mind... maybe I should make a topic about it or something. Honestly I think only playing one faction is the most noobish trashcan tier thing anyone can do. Seriously, all factions are fun to play and playing them all makes you a better
4 Jan 2015, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 00:42 AMCieZ

Maybe you should play both factions before instantly throwing out the fanboy card.

Just sayin.

I really don't understand why anyone only ever plays one faction. It actually boggles my mind... maybe I should make a topic about it or something. Honestly I think only playing one faction is the most noobish trashcan tier thing anyone can do. Seriously, all factions are fun to play and playing them all makes you a better

how about this:

i play only allies because you have lower waiting times because everyone wants to play axis?

and i played both factions, ofc axis not as much.

but if axis units are completely balanced in comparison to allies units:

why do more people whine because of op axis units then of op allies units?

fact is: allies need more skill and especially micro to win against axis. i dont say axis is EZ mode, but allies need much more micro to kill axis units like flanking a king tiger (which is really hard because of volk blobs with shrecks or shots bouncing off).

i said this earlier and i will say it again:

there is TOTALLY NO NEED FOR NERFs OR BUFFs IF THEY WOULD REDUCE THE POP CAP AND COST OF ALLIES UNITS SO THEY CAN OUTPRODUCE AXIS LIKE IT WAS DONE IN RL! ofc you would have to change the stats too

in RL (real life) 2 t34 never fought a tiger, it was 5 t34 against 1 tiger as an example.

but this is not shown in this game.

most of the time axis and allies will field EXACTLY the same amount of troops and if this happens (wath it does always) the unit which is better (mostly axis) will win (or the allies playr has VERY GOOD micro skills).

and wath also bothers me is that most axis player say that allies tanks are deicated AI and not fro AT. so ...

allies tanks are counter against axis infantry, but axis tanks are counter against allies tanks, and allies have no counter against axis tanks. so yeah... totally balanced.

oh and allies rely HEAVILY on call ins. soviet only has roughly 4 commanders that are usefull and have tank call ins.

i dont think it is fair if the axis have MANY NON DOCTRINAL tanks that are better then the allies tanks while the allies have MANY DOCTRINAL tanks that are MOSTLY ONLY EVEN as their axis counterparts.

4 Jan 2015, 01:44 AM

^lol dis guy Kappa
4 Jan 2015, 02:25 AM

how about this:

i play only allies because you have lower waiting times because everyone wants to play axis?

and i played both factions, ofc axis not as much.

but if axis units are completely balanced in comparison to allies units:

why do more people whine because of op axis units then of op allies units?

fact is: allies need more skill and especially micro to win against axis. i dont say axis is EZ mode, but allies need much more micro to kill axis units like flanking a king tiger (which is really hard because of volk blobs with shrecks or shots bouncing off).

i said this earlier and i will say it again:

there is TOTALLY NO NEED FOR NERFs OR BUFFs IF THEY WOULD REDUCE THE POP CAP AND COST OF ALLIES UNITS SO THEY CAN OUTPRODUCE AXIS LIKE IT WAS DONE IN RL! ofc you would have to change the stats too

in RL (real life) 2 t34 never fought a tiger, it was 5 t34 against 1 tiger as an example.

but this is not shown in this game.

most of the time axis and allies will field EXACTLY the same amount of troops and if this happens (wath it does always) the unit which is better (mostly axis) will win (or the allies playr has VERY GOOD micro skills).

and wath also bothers me is that most axis player say that allies tanks are deicated AI and not fro AT. so ...

allies tanks are counter against axis infantry, but axis tanks are counter against allies tanks, and allies have no counter against axis tanks. so yeah... totally balanced.

oh and allies rely HEAVILY on call ins. soviet only has roughly 4 commanders that are usefull and have tank call ins.

i dont think it is fair if the axis have MANY NON DOCTRINAL tanks that are better then the allies tanks while the allies have MANY DOCTRINAL tanks that are MOSTLY ONLY EVEN as their axis counterparts.

Yea, it makes no sense for OKW (late war, resource starved army) to field 5 man squads. On top of that, OKW has significant amount of MP to field large number of infantry which matches what Allies can muster.
4 Jan 2015, 05:11 AM

So wait, the luch was just rng, but a scott wiping an infantry squad with one shot isn't? I play with the scott daily, and I get a one shot wipe maybe every 5 games, and that's a very liberal estimate.
4 Jan 2015, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 16:18 PMTNrg

Why should there be a button for that, units shouldn't do that in the first place

Sometimes I want unit stand close together, so they are are nicely behind green cover, or dont hit the red cover when being near a street.

But sometimes I want them spread out. E.g. a machine gun team behind cover, so it doesn't get wiped by one grenade. Which happens all the time at the moment.

Thing is, I want full control over my units, deciding when it's the best to spread out or be close together is one of such decisions.
4 Jan 2015, 08:08 AM
Patrion 28

well we can't have dynamic changes in unit formation so stop asking for it.
4 Jan 2015, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2015, 20:21 PMCieZ

There's a big difference between countering infantry and consistently 1 shotting squads with no way to predict or react... from 60 range... and behind buildings/shot blockers.

Less sarcasm please. Us adults are trying to have a legitimate balance/game design discussion here.

I'm no pro, but I think that your first thought to avoid a squad wipe from a HARD COUNTER to infantry would be to retreat your squad(s) away and bring them back with something that COUNTERS the Scott. It's not like this thing doesn't show up on your map or even in the fog of war once its fired. I don't run riflemen and paratroopers into a sturmtiger, I retreat them. Hell, I don't typically run infantry into a vehicle designed to kill them effectively(ex: aa halftracks/luchs etc.)

This vehicle isn't that OP, is it powerful, yes, but it's powerful against exactly what it was designed for, uber-vetted axis infantry.

I'll save you the trouble of looking up my player-card and criticizing me for only playing USF like you did the other poster here. Some of us like one faction the best and don't like the others for feeling(or assuming from experience playing against them) that they are far easier to play with. I'm sure my explanation still "boggles your mind" but hey, it's a video game and who cares who people choose to play the game with.
4 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM

I'm no pro, but I think that your first thought to avoid a squad wipe from a HARD COUNTER to infantry would be to retreat your squad(s) away and bring them back with something that COUNTERS the Scott. It's not like this thing does show up on your map or even in the fog of war once its fired. I don't run riflemen and paratroopers into a sturmtiger, I retreat them. Hell, I don't typically run infantry into a vehicle designed to kill them effectively(ex: aa halftracks/luchs etc.)

This vehicle isn't that OP, is it powerful, yes, but it's powerful against exactly what it was designed for, uber-vetted axis infantry.

Dude, Sturmtiger have a very high aiming time and travelling time of the rocket itself, it's range is similar to your troop LOS so you have a long time react to it, and retreat.

Scott is another issue, it's range > infantry LOS.

Just giving a scenario, a squad of Volks sticked to the green cover, due to the stupid system we have now, they stick together.
Scott can one shot wiping the Volks (direct fire, not barrage), axis player have NO WARNING, nor even know the Scott is here, and he lose the whole squad.

That's what the problem.
4 Jan 2015, 11:01 AM

Dude, Sturmtiger have a very high aiming time and travelling time of the rocket itself, it's range is similar to your troop LOS so you have a long time react to it, and retreat.

Scott is another issue, it's range > infantry LOS.

Just giving a scenario, a squad of Volks sticked to the green cover, due to the stupid system we have now, they stick together.
Scott can one shot wiping the Volks (direct fire, not barrage), axis player have NO WARNING, nor even know the Scott is here, and he lose the whole squad.

That's what the problem.

So wouldn't the solution be to fix the cover system problem as opposed to just nerfing a unit because it's "OP"?
4 Jan 2015, 11:03 AM

god you have one anecdote of that one game you played where shit in green cover got wiped

shall we make a list of stuff that squadwipes every game?
4 Jan 2015, 11:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2015, 00:42 AMCieZ

Just sayin.

Looks at BrutusHR <444>_<444>
4 Jan 2015, 13:06 PM
Donator 33

Solid advice Ciez. I will play all factions so I can become a better.
4 Jan 2015, 14:39 PM

^lol dis guy Kappa

how about telling me, wath you think is false in my post instead of trolling here around?

but yeah... i make a right argument and you have no counter argument so you have to troll.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS