Login

russian armor

Ostheer special artillery

28 Dec 2014, 05:12 AM

So I've been experimenting with different Ost doctrines and I found it difficult to gauge the effectiveness of close the pocket (encirclement) and sector artillery (festung support). What are you opinions on these strikes? Are they ever worth it for their cost or should I save munitions to use elsewhere?
28 Dec 2014, 05:29 AM

how to counter close the pocket? cap your cutoff and it ends and turns into several mortar shells barraging slowly.
28 Dec 2014, 16:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sector artillery: panic button. Just either force a soft or hard retreat.

Close the pocket: extreme gimmicky ability.
29 Dec 2014, 16:10 PM

I haven't used either much (so far), although the few times I did the Close the Pocket seemed more efficient. I remember wiping almost the entire enemy army defending the island on Steppes with this barrage. The Sector Artillery efficiency depends on the size of the sector in question and where enemy troops are in that sector at the time of activation, I think.
29 Dec 2014, 17:05 PM

Sector artillery is useful on large sectors, and especially if a tank has a damaged engine. You can pop the ability and then just keep los while moving to another location to engage enemies. The injured tank will be destroyed, even IS2's. You can also pop it on blobs for instant retreats, but you cannot counter attack as the rounds land just where units ran from so following behind will kill your own men. An ok ability stuck behind a couple of mediocre commanders.

Close the pocket seems lack luster. Tried it a couple of times, and while annoying was hard to pull off. In larger game modes enemy just OP's all cut offs (which are already rare) making doctrine relatively useless. Just get a commander with a tiger or stuka dive bomb.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★