Option Distribution Votes
48%
45%
6%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
27 Dec 2014, 18:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While i have been in favour of an overhauling on what benefits gives veterancy, specially vcoh2 vet1 abilities, what does coh2.org think about the 25% extra range?
The only useful thing for this is to be able to nade an MG while being supressed or when stacking bulletins and nading from extreme ranges against unsuspected opponents.

Anyways, does this improves gameplay? Would this improve anything at all MG performance in this specific scenario?
What about a cooldown reduction instead ?

28 Dec 2014, 01:13 AM
Patrion 28

i voted yes because, even though they're dodgeable, RGs are still easy to use compared to other nades. with enough range they turn into gren artillery without any recourse or reaction.
28 Dec 2014, 19:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember that this is not just about Rnades.
Grens, PGs, AG, Cons, Shocks, Irregulars/Partisans (?), Rifles n PF get this on veterancy.

While my prefered solution would be that supressed units having a debuff on range on casting abilities (you can't throw things easily while crawling), i do think that this might also work.
29 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM
Patrion 28

i didn't realize that other grenade units got range buffs on vet but it's generally not as powerful because you don't end up with as much range. still probably shouldn't be there though.
29 Dec 2014, 13:05 PM
Patrion 14

voted yes.
29 Dec 2014, 13:43 PM

No.
I would rather remove recived acc bonus.
29 Dec 2014, 14:41 PM

Is a RIFLE NADE no a hand nade, obviously have more range...
29 Dec 2014, 15:50 PM

Is a RIFLE NADE no a hand nade, obviously have more range...

But less accuracy I think...

Other grenades need it to match rifle nade somehow because right now rifle nade is best one in everything: range, animation, no timer and can wipe 6 men crew weapon.
29 Dec 2014, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For those who vote no:

What improvement to gameplay brings up an increase range on grenades? The more i think about it, it only means making any MG easier to decrew even while suppressed.
29 Dec 2014, 20:00 PM
Donator 33

Removing that vet bonus wouldn't change much. Infantry would still be able to throw nades at MGs, even while suppressed, and probably wipe them or cause heavy damage.

A better solution IMO is to disable grenades while suppressed or to reduce grenade range drastically while suppressed.
29 Dec 2014, 20:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Removing that vet bonus wouldn't change much. Infantry would still be able to throw nades at MGs, even while suppressed, and probably wipe them or cause heavy damage.

A better solution IMO is to disable grenades while suppressed or to reduce grenade range drastically while suppressed.

I mention that before, and that should be the ideal solution.

But this thread is just not about that. I'm interesting on what the community sees regarding the buff in general. IMO i don't see any "benefit" on having it.
29 Dec 2014, 20:48 PM

Nerf nade range because hmg cant handle it? why not just buff suppression and dmg of of the hmg? pinned units can't throw and units losing models will be forced to retreat.
30 Dec 2014, 07:27 AM
Patrion 28

even really fast suppressing units like the flaktracks take a while to pin. also, increasing the pin speed defeats the point of having suppressed and pinned states.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak