Login

russian armor

Some ideas to improve the game

27 Dec 2014, 15:26 PM
Donator 33

Just like the title says: Some general and some more specific ideas that I wanted to write down.

1. Current call-in meta:

This is a well-known problem. Strats like T1 + T2 into Tiger/IS-2 spam are just dumb and are not fun to play against and with.

Different ideas on how to deal with that appeared on forums, like connecting call-ins to teching or simply increasing CP requirements.

My solution: Limiting every heavy tank (CPs at or above 10) to 2 AND freezing the fuel income once a second heavy gets called in.

This rule does not apply on T-34/85s though because it's a double call-in. A limit of 4 seems reasonable.

This removes the stupid heavy tank spam and forces the player to actually think about getting either a new heavy or to invest fuel into support units.

Some players might see this as a nerf to soviets which rely on these call-ins. FIne. Give some stock units some love then: More armor for SU-85s, more health for SU-76s etc.

I'm seriously fed up with those fooking super heavy spam fests. Getting heavy tanks is a no brainer atm and having 2+ Tigers/IS-2s at once is nothing special in anything above 1v1s.

2. Wehrmacht teching cost

Battlephases are overpriced atm which makes getting T4 not viable most of the time and players go for Tigers instead.

Reducing MP costs from 200 to 125 for each BP should do the trick. It first looks like a huge cost reduction but it really isn't. You still have to pay 120-160 MP for the buildings.

3. Unit spacing

Since the cover system has been reworked, squads tend to bunch up which results in regular squad wipes.

Adding a "spread out" button and/or introducing a minimum range between models when out of cover is definitely a good way to prevent frustrating RNG wipes.

Units that need some tweaking:

1. The Sturmtiger:

What else? :D

This unit is a huge gamble and never really pays off for its cost.

+5 range and a small fuel price reduction of 10 should make this tank more viable. Enabling it to aim at units again would also help but isn't needed IMO.

2. The le.IG:

Weird vet bonuses, expensive MP cost and high pop cap (9 I think) and on top of that a bad performance: that's the le.IG. :guyokay:

There are 2 possible ways to make this unit somewhat attractive. An MP cost reduction to 280-300 and pop cap at 7 OR simple buffs (accuracy and/or damage).

Currently, this unit is nothing but a waste of popcap and ressources. Even against heavy team weapon spam I always regret getting this unit.

The "hollow charge" ability is ridiculous...an anti-vehicle barrage? Wut?

This ability would be much better if it worked like the JT's timed ability - more damage for 30 seconds.

3. The Jagdtiger:

No, this unit does not any buffs :D

The only thing that needs to be adjusted IMO is its CP requirement and its fuel cost. A CP requirement of 12 and a fuel cost reduction of 20-30 seems reasonable for a super late/expensive elefant.

A JT in 2v2s is extremely rare - impossible in 1v1s.

In 3v3s and 4v4s, however, you see JTs reguarly. These changes won't change that but they'll make the JT in 2v2s slightly more achieveable.

These are just some ideas that came up to my mind.

Constructive feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: Yay! My first thread :hyper:
27 Dec 2014, 16:30 PM

Relic will ignore everything the Players want and Keep the retarded meta. Threads like These are hopeless.
27 Dec 2014, 16:39 PM

Permanently Banned
in long term the t4 is better, at least it was when i used to play (brumbar and nebel used to be pretty OP in good hands ) :)
27 Dec 2014, 17:11 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 16:39 PMakosi
in long term the t4 is better, at least it was when i used to play (brumbar and nebel used to be pretty OP in good hands ) :)

Brummbar and Pwerfer OP? Wut? :S

The T4 units are good (except the Pwerfer :D) but it's a huge manpower drain to tech up.

600 MP just for the BPs is too much IMO - especially compared to other factions' MP costs.
27 Dec 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 16:30 PMAffe
Relic will ignore everything the Players want and Keep the retarded meta. Threads like These are hopeless.

I reckon a January patch will fix these complaints.
27 Dec 2014, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 17:37 PMakula

I reckon a January patch will fix these complaints.

funny thing is players say the same thing each month :D
27 Dec 2014, 18:39 PM

Seriously we need a bif overhaul patch that will make the game meta feel different and new again,like rome 2 emperor edition.
27 Dec 2014, 19:41 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 18:35 PMNinjaWJ

funny thing is players say the same thing each month :D

It's actually pretty sad :(
27 Dec 2014, 20:04 PM

I do agree with everything you said except the call-in meta changes, I don't think limiting is a good option. I think players should be persuaded to use different tactics by making them viable. For example as Soviets, if you have good late game units you would not wait for call-ins, or as Ostheer if, as you suggested, you go T4 you would not need a tiger.

About other units I agree with your statement, although I have to say there are a lot more units which all need changes (Panzerwerfer, Brumbar, SU-76, all MGs, etc).

It so sad to see people saying "Relic will ignore everything the Players want and Keep the retarded meta. Threads like These are hopeless.". And you know what? They are right. Every single patch we wait for that big change but... well let's wait and see.

27 Dec 2014, 20:15 PM
Patrion 27

Seriously we need a bif overhaul patch that will make the game meta feel different and new again,like rome 2 emperor edition.

I'm afraid you're quite a bit behind the times. Cruzz already made the overhaul patch and it fixes nearly every current balance problem. Relic responded in a seperate thread basically saying "If we don't make the changes NO ONE will because we're the best!" Kappatch
27 Dec 2014, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned

Brummbar and Pwerfer OP? Wut? :S

The T4 units are good (except the Pwerfer :D) but it's a huge manpower drain to tech up.

600 MP just for the BPs is too much IMO - especially compared to other factions' MP costs.

We mostly lost games in 2v2 because of nebels,but i didnot playd for nearly a year now. (hm i was sure i already replied to you)
27 Dec 2014, 21:51 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 20:04 PMRMMLz
I do agree with everything you said except the call-in meta changes, I don't think limiting is a good option. I think players should be persuaded to use different tactics by making them viable. For example as Soviets, if you have good late game units you would not wait for call-ins, or as Ostheer if, as you suggested, you go T4 you would not need a tiger.

About other units I agree with your statement, although I have to say there are a lot more units which all need changes (Panzerwerfer, Brumbar, SU-76, all MGs, etc).

It so sad to see people saying "Relic will ignore everything the Players want and Keep the retarded meta. Threads like These are hopeless.". And you know what? They are right. Every single patch we wait for that big change but... well let's wait and see.

The call-in meta exists because heavy tanks are simply easier to use than stock units. You can keep on spamming them without any negative consequences, which is just dumb.

If T4 for Wehrmacht was easier to reach, as I suggested, people wouldn't have to rely on call-ins, so a limit on heavy tanks doesn't change anything here.

Soviet T3 and T4 units are already easily available. If they're not good enough to support call-ins like ISUs or IS-2s, buff them. I think they are good enough as support units but I don't care if they receive some buffs.

I actually think Wehrmacht is designed to have units that don't execute a supportive role for heavy call-ins and that Soviets are designed to rely on call-ins and use their stock units as support. That might be wrong though.

Anyway, there are more units that need some love, just like you said.

Fixing the issues I mentioned is a huge step towards improving the game IMO and I really hope we'll see a great patch in January.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★