Login

russian armor

A suggestion to Luftwaffe Supply Drop

26 Dec 2014, 01:29 AM

As we all know the Luftwaffe Supply Drop allows German players to get either fuel or munitions at an increased rate without any set backs. This results in increased armor for either German factions.

My suggestion is to make the Luftwaffe planes able to be shot down by AA and flown from the enemy base like the "Allied Supply Drop" ability. This would allow the player to get a chance of getting more resources but at a much higher risk.
26 Dec 2014, 02:20 AM
Patrion 28

the setback is mp. i agree that it's hard to block though on many maps. this i due to the placement of the points though. might need some changes for balance but i'm not going to comment on that
26 Dec 2014, 09:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Well, that is MP that they are not spending on field presence, and it would be possible to argue that if they do that they should be punished

However I don't think though that what you have to give up (which what 200 MP for 30 FUEL?) is enough, as that is less than one squad

Also, it comes early enough that it can mess around with unit timing.

Therefore it might be worth:

Making it more expensive

Having it come at a higher CP value
26 Dec 2014, 09:41 AM

Or a much longer cooldown. Now it's so easy to spam.
26 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM

The problem is not the supply drop its that box's suck now.
Hes cutting 200 MP for 50 fuel.
He could of spent that 200 mp on a cache or a unit.
26 Dec 2014, 10:01 AM

It's fine until OST+OKW.
15min KT is not fun when allies have only 7-9 CPs at this moment.
26 Dec 2014, 11:51 AM

No elefant/tiger for OST, ISU becomes king. (and dont tell me JT, that slow piece of crap without spotting scopes or recon plane is almost useless, 290f anyone)?
26 Dec 2014, 11:57 AM

No elefant/tiger for OST, ISU becomes king. (and dont tell me JT, that slow piece of crap without spotting scopes or recon plane is almost useless, 290f anyone)?

With 15min KT there wont be ISU probably.
Opel was reworked but Luftwaffe wasnt... Wierd...
26 Dec 2014, 12:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The problem is not the supply drop its that box's suck now.
Hes cutting 200 MP for 50 fuel.
He could of spent that 200 mp on a cache or a unit.

Seriously?

Caches are a better long term investment that helps everybody, and I would be really upset with an OKH player who did fuel drops rather build them first

But, getting fuel like that allows fast teching for an early Panther or an early KT.

There are four commanders that "break" the economy like that:

Soviet Industry trades MP for fuel constantly, and usually means that MP becomes the limit on their builds. As such it is a little gimped right now

Ostruppen and CAS have fuel to munitions conversion, but the off map call ins that that can power don't kick in until higher CP values so their effect early game is somewhat muted. A main advantage is that once you have your armour out and are at pop cap you can use all the fuel you have building up.

If Luftwaffe did the same thing as that but with MP it would be a lot better.

26 Dec 2014, 12:45 PM

Seriously?

Caches are a better long term investment that helps everybody, and I would be really upset with an OKH player who did fuel drops rather build them first

But, getting fuel like that allows fast teching for an early Panther or an early KT.

There are four commanders that "break" the economy like that:

Soviet Industry trades MP for fuel constantly, and usually means that MP becomes the limit on their builds. As such it is a little gimped right now

Ostruppen and CAS have fuel to munitions conversion, but the off map call ins that that can power don't kick in until higher CP values so their effect early game is somewhat muted. A main advantage is that once you have your armour out and are at pop cap you can use all the fuel you have building up.

If Luftwaffe did the same thing as that but with MP it would be a lot better.

Ya, Srsly anything you would pick Luftwaffe for barring the fuel drop cheese CAS does better.

Early game power? Well luft box's don't do it anymore very well might as well switch fuel to muni for more lmg = CAS better

6 CP anti infantry ability? Arguable but I tend to think the strafe run is better than that incend strike. = CAS equal if not better.

Supply drop? When not used for cheese but to fuel your commander CAS does it without securing a muni point and keeping a squad around doing nothing for 60 sec except picking up box's = CAS equal because it can't do the fuel cheese.

Recon run's? = CAS better because it does it cheaper.

Stuka dive bomb? = same thing on both commanders

And then finally cas has a AT strafe that is extremely potent on any vehicle.

Add in that the Wehr player can still build fuel caches that are effective throughout the game without the need to fuel blitz cheese a KT by 12 mins. Admittedly I agree it is BS that it is able to do that but if your gonna nerf the supply drop Un nerf the boxes some back to pre WF release.
26 Dec 2014, 23:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ya, Srsly anything you would pick Luftwaffe for barring the fuel drop cheese CAS does better.

Yeah we are not really disagreeing about that.

However its really good at offsetting OKWs fuel penalty and getting their tanks out sooner; KTs can already come very fast in team games and this just makes them come sooner.

And Luftwaffe also comes with counters to the B4 that is one of the major counters to OKW, however CAS also does that
26 Dec 2014, 23:19 PM

Most bullshit is Luftwaffe feeding CAS.

It is 30 muni per box. One luftwaffe can feed 2 CAS who can than out spam more strikes, strafes, bombs than Nigeria can spam death notes from relatives.

It has zero counters and as it only costs about 50 seconds of muni, (no pop so no decrease) it can also fuel you into 15 mins KTs teamed with one or two panthers.
It is the most broken aspect of the game at this moment.
26 Dec 2014, 23:43 PM

Nope, cause plane crashes in da base would be frustrating :D
26 Dec 2014, 23:47 PM
Donator 33

Do you make your name the AK to make your pro axis statements hold some imaginary weight?

I have mentioned this issue in my own posts in the past, the ability needs to fly over the allied base like the lend lease drop does already. Not to mention the OKW base has a propensity to shoot down the lend lease plane with no assistance from the Flak equipped SWS, where as you'll be lucky to stop the drop for axis on a map like Semoski or Minsk (and don't bother making the VETO suggestion, this ability needs fixing, not a matter for the "no problem" statement)

Swiss <444>3
27 Dec 2014, 01:42 AM

They should make Lend Lease fly from the Allied side. Luffwaffe supply is way too good in team games, where map control isnt that important. If you feed your OKW teammate enough, player can get fast 15 min KT and destroy everyone.
27 Dec 2014, 01:51 AM

Yeah we are not really disagreeing about that.

However its really good at offsetting OKWs fuel penalty and getting their tanks out sooner; KTs can already come very fast in team games and this just makes them come sooner.

And Luftwaffe also comes with counters to the B4 that is one of the major counters to OKW, however CAS also does that

The problem is two fold:
1: Luft supply doct is a gimmick doctrine that is only for supply drops,
The other thing it had got nerfed hard (Med box's) While I agree that fuel boosting
is really dumb, Once that is taken away OST will be down another useable doctrine
without some changes to the med box's to make them more attractive again.

2: OKW's screwed up income mechanic -
Because it has a % modifier on its fuel income things like supply drop completely ignores it.
If it was normal income with the fuel costs added on the top (i.e. Puma costing 105 fuel with no penalty) and tone down the conversion rates accordingly this kind of thing would not be such a problem.
27 Dec 2014, 02:27 AM

The problem is two fold:
1: Luft supply doct is a gimmick doctrine that is only for supply drops,
The other thing it had got nerfed hard (Med box's) While I agree that fuel boosting
is really dumb, Once that is taken away OST will be down another useable doctrine
without some changes to the med box's to make them more attractive again.

Because it has a % modifier on its fuel income things like supply drop completely ignores it.
If it was normal income with the fuel costs added on the top (i.e. Puma costing 105 fuel with no penalty) and tone down the conversion rates accordingly this kind of thing would not be such a problem.

i dont think the med supply got nerfed. all that got changed was that enemy can pick it up. It is fun doctrine so i dont wanna see it gone, but it's too powerful when boosting OKW.
27 Dec 2014, 02:54 AM

The reason behind that % modifier instead of just bumping fuel cost is that a 105 fuel puma would
a. Vet much slower than a 70 fuel puma
b. Give away vet faster when it gets shot at than a 70 fuel puma.

Since Vet rate is proportional to MP+10*Fuel(or the total XP value of the unit), increasing cost makes a unit vet slower and give away vet faster.

AT Gun vet use to be out of whack because their "Cost" (Build MP cost - Crew MP cost) /XP value is very low and the unit they are shooting at have very high cost/XP value.

27 Dec 2014, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 02:27 AMNinjaWJ

i dont think the med supply got nerfed. all that got changed was that enemy can pick it up. It is fun doctrine so i dont wanna see it gone, but it's too powerful when boosting OKW.

Box's don't heal in combat any more and they damage buff got toned down.
It use to be my go to doctrine for early game aggression now its not even equipped anymore.
I personally have no use for the fuel cheese.

Box's were fine pre WFA release, And like anything relic they over nerfed.
When WFA came out is when the Box's bugged and you saw insane stuff like
155 artillery box's Tank trap box's and other stupid stuff like Box's giving vision.

The reason behind that % modifier instead of just bumping fuel cost is that a 105 fuel puma would
a. Vet much slower than a 70 fuel puma
b. Give away vet faster when it gets shot at than a 70 fuel puma.

Since Vet rate is proportional to MP+10*Fuel(or the total XP value of the unit), increasing cost makes a unit vet slower and give away vet faster.

AT Gun vet use to be out of whack because their "Cost" (Build MP cost - Crew MP cost) /XP value is very low and the unit they are shooting at have very high cost/XP value.

Hmm.. Interesting, I was not aware of that thanks for filling me in. But at the same time couldn't they just add a % increased vet modifier to make up for this on all OKW units?
27 Dec 2014, 03:48 AM

it is still a very good doctrine in 4v4. it is one of my go-tos if im playing ostheer on the right map. Feeding OKW fuel is the way to go, and youre not really sacrificing much for units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★