Login

russian armor

Please help with the Steam malware links!

19 Dec 2014, 23:28 PM

Permanently Banned
So today i was received massage : LoL, WTF ? http://screen-top . com/ img_02112014.png. When i foolow this link i download this pic and open it in Chrone. After this i send this link to all my friend in steam (sorry about that people). Who know what i must to do to protect accaount and what is this shit what i send to all friends ?
With my accaunt all are fine, i checked my laptop with avast, but 1 of my friends open it and lose accaunt :(.
Thanks for answers.
19 Dec 2014, 23:42 PM
Donator 33

I keep getting those messages from my friends as well. I never followed that link because one of my friends told me it's a virus.

How to protect yourself? I guess you just have to ignore the message and DON'T follow the link.
19 Dec 2014, 23:46 PM

Permanently Banned
I keep getting those messages from my friends as well. I never followed that link because one of my friends told me it's a virus.

How to protect yourself? I guess you just have to ignore the message and DON'T follow the link.

Thnaks, but what to do when i follow it :. And what might be the effects of this.
19 Dec 2014, 23:53 PM
Donator 33

Thnaks, but what to do when i follow it :. And what might be the effects of this.

I have no idea what you can do after you've once clicked the link. What might happen? Well, maybe you lose your account just like your friend.
19 Dec 2014, 23:53 PM

You might consider shutting down your computer immediately if you followed it. Some viruses just 'die' after a shut down. I would even starve the computer of power for a few days and hold the power button for 15 seconds with all the sockets off just to make sure no residue power remain. Then delete the file with command prompt and fullscan with Anti virus. I'm just that paranoid. If worse comes to worst, I would reinstall the OS.

About the steam account, maybe message Valve/Steam Support to help out. They may do something to help return the account since it's an account hijack.

Hope your friend gets back his account.

And any mod who's kind enough please edit the title of this thread (massage).
20 Dec 2014, 02:42 AM
Patrion 27

I for one welcome massages from my friends. Pull-ups keep me sore. MVDane.
20 Dec 2014, 04:06 AM

20 Dec 2014, 05:13 AM

Malware? wasn't this thread about steam massages from friends?
20 Dec 2014, 05:20 AM

https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/02_r/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAts-kBRCbgrXc1rnXw7MBEiQAnFqTdqQmQV9guG4Hp_6bah6ebtDrFbspEcwTXfTtIb6I9oYaArkp8P8HAQ

^Try downloading and running Malewarebytes. You should get a free trial of the pro edition or whatever. It has been a pretty consistently good anti-vir/anti-maleware program that I've used at home for free for some time now. Also use it to help fix other people's computers and it gets almost everything.

AVG is nice too.

If neither of those can remove the virus, and you know where the virus is you can boot into safe mode (usually f8 while computer is starting up) and manually delete the file(s) causing problems.

If it is a super nasty virus and none of the above works... well... have fun formatting your hard-drive/re-installing your OS.

Oh, or hopefully you have a system restore point? That should generally do the trick too.
20 Dec 2014, 10:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Malware? wasn't this thread about steam massages from friends?

Yes.
20 Dec 2014, 10:38 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 05:20 AMCieZ
https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/02_r/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAts-kBRCbgrXc1rnXw7MBEiQAnFqTdqQmQV9guG4Hp_6bah6ebtDrFbspEcwTXfTtIb6I9oYaArkp8P8HAQ

^Try downloading and running Malewarebytes. You should get a free trial of the pro edition or whatever. It has been a pretty consistently good anti-vir/anti-maleware program that I've used at home for free for some time now. Also use it to help fix other people's computers and it gets almost everything.

AVG is nice too.

If neither of those can remove the virus, and you know where the virus is you can boot into safe mode (usually f8 while computer is starting up) and manually delete the file(s) causing problems.

If it is a super nasty virus and none of the above works... well... have fun formatting your hard-drive/re-installing your OS.

Oh, or hopefully you have a system restore point? That should generally do the trick too.

Thanks Ciez, i will try it. Yes i have restore point.
20 Dec 2014, 10:40 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 23:53 PMsteel
You might consider shutting down your computer immediately if you followed it. Some viruses just 'die' after a shut down. I would even starve the computer of power for a few days and hold the power button for 15 seconds with all the sockets off just to make sure no residue power remain. Then delete the file with command prompt and fullscan with Anti virus. I'm just that paranoid. If worse comes to worst, I would reinstall the OS.

About the steam account, maybe message Valve/Steam Support to help out. They may do something to help return the account since it's an account hijack.

Hope your friend gets back his account.

And any mod who's kind enough please edit the title of this thread (massage).

Thanks Steel.
20 Dec 2014, 11:19 AM

Just so we know, what antivir / firewall do you run, and your friend ? So we know what softwares the malware is able to break through.
20 Dec 2014, 15:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 11:19 AMSlaYoU
Just so we know, what antivir / firewall do you run, and your friend ? So we know what softwares the malware is able to break through.

I use Avast/Chrone, but Avast not reported about virus, my friend who lost accaunt use AVG Antivirus/Chrone.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★