Login

russian armor

vs OKW strategy

19 Dec 2014, 17:03 PM

I haven't been playing a lot lately due to work, but I had a blast last week playing as US. The random players I came up against were mostly Ostheer and I was winning smoothly. However, today I've been coming up against OKW and it has been a massacre on my side!

I'm not here to cry or shout OP. I haven't been able to play OKW or US enough to have a decent opinion (played CoH2 since launch, then stopped playing for a while and picked it back up three weeks ago), but I was wondering if someone could run me through their tactics when playing against OKW.

Thanks!

Edit: read on the OKW stategy forum that LMGs can be troublesome for them. Is this true? I'm going to try this tonight, but other tips are more then welcome!
19 Dec 2014, 18:53 PM

Well I typed out like a whole page and it deleted so I'm not gonna do that again but here's a BO that's been working for me.

RE for additional capping - 3x rifles - captain/ambulance (you can get either first depending if OKW went fast T4 or T2/T3) - 57mm AT/Fuel Depo/More rifles - Major - Sherman spam.

Use infantry company and get 1911s on as many rifles as you can. Use sandbags and the 1911 HTD ability to compete with any OKW infantry including Obers. Use the captain to zone out the Luchs until you can get a Sherman out. If you can't get a sherman out in a timely manner to kill the Luchs get an AT gun to support and make sure you never bring it anywhere without a rifle nearby to AT nade it. Use light AT mines in bundles if you have the time, RNGesus can often bless you with immobilized engines which will completely negate tanks for huge periods of time. Use your shermans aggressively but not stupid, always be worried about a flanking shreck blob. Whittle away on their units slowly, OKW mp bleed is brutal take advantage of this by a few killing units constantly with your shermans. Any squad wipes you can get on Shrecks are critical, but don't risk losing a sherman over it. If you do lose a sherman, it's not the end of the world. A single OKW panther costs about as much as 2 shermans. And they can't build fuel depos.

But find what works for you. When I played Sovs, I never went T4 even when Su85s where beasts because I just wasn't good at that playstyle. Find what wins you games, the rest is inconsequential.
20 Dec 2014, 15:55 PM

I gave it a shot yesterday and even though I was playing someone who made quite a few mistakes, I saw the potential of this build and I'm definitly going to try it again tonight. Thanks Pantherswag!

Other tips are obviously still welcome!
21 Dec 2014, 00:24 AM

I've played a couple of games just now and I've been succesful with a slight variation on your strategy. I don't get an extra rear echelon squad, but invest in another riflemen squad. I get the grenade upgrade after my third riflemen squad hits the field. I also skip the ambulance, or only get one later on to put on the screws. This allows me to push out a sherman slightly faster.

So something like:

3x rifles
Grenades
Rifles
Captain
AT Gun
Fuel point
Major
and from this point on I get riflemen, shermans and if necessary At guns. For indirect fire I use doctrinal artillery, Major artillery and sometimes a howitzer. My riflemen all get 1911s. Throw down some clutches of mines.

Works against Ostheer as well, but most things work well against Ostheer :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS