Login

russian armor

Teammates Who Don't Build AT

18 Dec 2014, 22:52 PM

Forgive me, i know this is kind of a rant post, but i need to let it out of my system.

It is quite annoying and frustrating when your teammate(s) do not build any AT weapons. I wouldn't mind if it was explicitly stated that they would skip out on the AT; I could always cover their weaknesses by building accordingly. I always build AT before i get any real tanks no matter what (i am a cautious player). It is frustrating to see teammates retreating all their units and getting annihilated because they have absolutely nothing to counter early/mid-game vehicles like the puma, luchs, and sherman.

Just wondering if anyone has felt like this...
18 Dec 2014, 22:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Did you politely suggest they might build AT? :P

I know you tend to go 4v4 - was this Random? If so, honestly, what else could you reasonably expect? :P
18 Dec 2014, 23:07 PM

Did you politely suggest they might build AT? :P

I know you tend to go 4v4 - was this Random? If so, honestly, what else could you reasonably expect? :P

I typically go for a full arranged team 4v4. This has happened in the past, but the last game i played really made my blood boil. I hate when i see people saying "help please!" or "need tanks here!" because they couldve prevented or diminished the consequences of having little or no AT. I just want to face palm when i glance over and see a luchs chasing a bunch of retreating units to base and see no AT guns, mines, AT nades, etc.
18 Dec 2014, 23:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

My favorite is when you tell them to make a Zis and they reply, "What's a Zis?"
18 Dec 2014, 23:52 PM
Donator 33

Or "lol noob, we need tanks"
19 Dec 2014, 00:05 AM

tech to 4 as Soviet > builds Katyusha 5 minutes after med-heavy armor hit the field (no AT whatsoever)
19 Dec 2014, 00:31 AM
Donator 11

It's good to observe teammates teching just to know what they cannot field. For example someone can possibly play heavy t1 as soviets into call ins in 4v4 an he will not have any at and probably won't tell you that. Then you can field enough field guns to compensate if you've gone t2 and let him kill infantry for you. The same goes with usf: if you see a halftrack for example you know that your team mate won't have anything more than zooks for a long time and sometimes even zooks don't hit the field as they are considered up by most players.
19 Dec 2014, 05:11 AM

I feel you, there's nothing better than seeing your teammate losing 4 priests to a single panther ;)
19 Dec 2014, 06:59 AM

When you chose to play random 2v2 you have to assume there is a high possibility that the game will be a complete mess
19 Dec 2014, 07:17 AM

or you can ask in begining if he understands english or whatever language you play and then talk about tactics... for example 2 usf players play and one goes tier1 while other goes tier 2 you get ai and at. Then you just have to micro that shit and win... Its not that hard to type in stuff in teamchat :D
19 Dec 2014, 08:22 AM
Benefactor 115

You think they should get a penalty for not building AT?
Like, they won't be able to play for an hour?
19 Dec 2014, 10:03 AM

tech to 4 as Soviet > builds Katyusha 5 minutes after med-heavy armor hit the field (no AT whatsoever)

Teching for a quick Katy isn't a bad idea idea honestly, especially given the prevalence of friendly shreked ober blobs to tear your infantry and armour (and especially AT guns) apart. Katys ruin blobs pretty well these days
19 Dec 2014, 10:43 AM

I have a regular team mate in 3v3 / 4v4 who religiously avoids building any tanks. He uses the Ostheer Close Air Support commander (doesn't even have any other commanders in his selection to at least try to hide his intentions to the enemy), transfers all his fuel into munition. He only builds munition caches, no fuel caches.

He does build AT in form of Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschrecks. If shit is already hitting the fan, he might even build some Pak 40s.

It doesn't matter if this map is an urban, close combat map or if it is as open as Steppes or Vielsalm, it doesn't matter if the enemy already has an army of anti-infantry tanks or IS-2s, he will just keep building a few squads of Panzergrenadiere and that has to suffice. If he loses them, he will just build new ones, at least he won't lack munition.

Life can be hard :)
19 Dec 2014, 16:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

He is aware that he should just build fuel caches, as he will get munitions by converting fuel to munitions, far more than from munitions caches

And that helps his teammates?

Apart from that it's a viable strategy, I do it myself from time to tim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

However, I'm once again depressed that we have another thread devoted to blaming random teammates.

Adapt your game, keep an eye on what they are doing and above all, stop assuming that you are the best player on your team and that everyone else is at fault for not doing what you want.

Chances are in fact that you are NOT the best player on your team in random 4v4

19 Dec 2014, 17:43 PM

He is aware that he should just build fuel caches, as he will get munitions by converting fuel to munitions, far more than from munitions caches

And that helps his teammates?

Apart from that it's a viable strategy, I do it myself from time to tim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

However, I'm once again depressed that we have another thread devoted to blaming random teammates.

Adapt your game, keep an eye on what they are doing and above all, stop assuming that you are the best player on your team and that everyone else is at fault for not doing what you want.

Chances are in fact that you are NOT the best player on your team in random 4v4

it's not random cough cough... don't assume that im assuming
19 Dec 2014, 18:05 PM

Teching for a quick Katy isn't a bad idea idea honestly, especially given the prevalence of friendly shreked ober blobs to tear your infantry and armour (and especially AT guns) apart. Katys ruin blobs pretty well these days

Yeah katty crushes right now. You barely have enough time to retreat too, mainly in close-mid range. Atleast you can move out of the way of a walking stuka. Panzerwerfer, jesus christ - worst unit in the game, 1 weak barrage and costs an arm and pudding penis to field.
19 Dec 2014, 18:27 PM

You can't play defensively against Axis, thats why rushing actual tanks always better than building at guns, which unable to finish German armor anyway due to terrible rate of fire against blitz and smoke. Thats doesn't mean sov t2 player shouldn't get at gun after 4th maxim, i just answered you why mediocre players who not planning ahead and can't predict what they should counter next do such mistakes.

Also, i love destroying nasty OKW blobs with katty. Such satisfying feeling to barrage their imbalanced forward hq which gives OKW enormous advantage from the beginning of the game on full retreat and watch blob die. Getting vet 2 luchs from one trip to base against no mines snipers+shocks builds is another great feel.
20 Dec 2014, 01:27 AM

Very good. You missed few key points from what I said tho. Quote: 'Everything I said above"

Clues: no mention of infantry blobs, mid and heavy armor already hit the field, doesn't have any AT, etc....
I do agree on what you said about 'quick' katy and rest of your statement if we forget that you quoted my statement
20 Dec 2014, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 18:05 PMGdot

Yeah katty crushes right now. You barely have enough time to retreat too, mainly in close-mid range. Atleast you can move out of the way of a walking stuka. Panzerwerfer, jesus christ - worst unit in the game, 1 weak barrage and costs an arm and pudding penis to field.

If you are using your Panzerwerfer like a Katyusha it's going to suck ass but if you use it like your supposed to, which is to move it very close to the enemy blob and fire, then retreat you will quickly find it wiping multiple squads. Seriously, it punishes USF rifleblobs like there is no tomorrow, and is also useful in countering AT gun spam.
20 Dec 2014, 03:26 AM

I do find that most random 2v2s I lose is due to my teammate not building AT. A Luchs or fast T34 shows up and their stuff starts getting wiped. By the way GUARDS RIFLES ARE NOT AT. I hate players who only build T1 as Soviets and don't tell me they aren't building T2 and then lose as their sucky Guards can't stop big bad P4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★