Login

russian armor

Need some OKW Tactics

5 Dec 2014, 03:57 AM

Hello there comrade, as a new OKW player I found it very difficult to play.

The new patch lessen the ammunition income though OKW get very low fuel income.
It becomes hard to repeal enemy armor in late game. Nothing can do with 1 or highest 2 panther. OKW don't have good AT gun. OKW is it only for infantry support?

Need some tactics for 2vs2, will be appreciated!
5 Dec 2014, 07:01 AM

Permanently Banned
go t2, convert fuel to muni Blob Shreks

or go aggressive t1 and blob shreks (may come later due to lack of t2 conversion)

Rush t4 on either cut-off or fuel

Get panther and obers (mabey fast luchs)

Camping will win u most games

so camp
5 Dec 2014, 07:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Buy 3 or so Volks, keep them alive, put shreks on them

When they get vetted up they will be a terror to allied mediums and tank destroyers, they won't be too shabby unvetted either

Raketens are best used in buildings to protect and back up targets like your trucks - which you should NOT be aggressive with.

Forward enough to be useful, far back enough that they are not regularly under fire - yes even the flak truck. It's an important asset, treat it accordingly, not as a 200 MP/80 Fuel bunker

Ahem:

You will probably be outnumbered in armour, so don't over-extend. Almost every vehicle of yours is a high value target that your opponents will be prepared to take risks and sacrifice units to kill. Also, in a lot of cases their mobility sucks at getting you out of bad situation.

Don't leave yourself open, use the shrek volks to screen and prevent yourself being swarmed by medium armour

Remember things like B4s and P-47s exist, be aware of them and learn what to do to minimise the threat

If your partner is OKH you should not have a fuel problem and be able to field more armour (Always remember to salvage...)

He can also build PAK40s to provide longer range AT

5 Dec 2014, 07:33 AM

What doctrines do you own? That's important too as OKW (against expectations)has different play modes that are quite doctrine dependant.

If we're talking random 2v2 and you don't plan anything with your teammate, then things are simpler.

Build one volk squad and one kubel, then build some more volks (2 or 3 squads). If you suspect the enemy is going on fast vehicles like USF AA for instance, replace one volk squad with an raketen. It will be easier to fight it with combined arms (schreck + racketen).

Definitions:
T2 - jagdpanzer building
T3 - Puma building

1. If you start with T2, this will lead into an infantry intenssive tactic, so your best choice may be Breacktrough doctrine (for officer and Pfusiliers), or a doctrine like Special Ops or Scavange (because of infiltration grenades). Place the T2 somwhere hidden, preferably close to the center of the map and convert it into a retreating point. That way you will maintain a good presence on the field. Place the T4 so it has in range the T2 and one victory or fuel point. T4 also must not be to exposed. Placement of trucks it's a bitch, but a good placement will allways pay off :). Allways place your T2 and T4 when is peace and quiet, never in the middle of an incoming attack. You can build infantry gun too, PzII if there is not to much medium armor on the field. Best thing is if you can resist untill KT without building vehicles, so forget the panthers. But this is up to your partner, if it supports you well. If you built Panthers, keep them in back while in front you will have your resistant squads of volks and Obers. No unsupported armor. Kt, Panther, jagdtiger, all must be supported with volks and obersoldaten. OKW infantry is not so hard to preserve so you shouldn't have problems.

2. If you start with T3 which I prefer, you will have a complete solution containing counters to everything in early game (volks, strumpio, Puma). You have multiple choices from here. Eather you stay a little more at this level and build wurframens (2 is the best number), which I recommend against maxim/zis/mortar spam, eather you go to T4. Unlike the first variant, your T3 should be placed close to your base, because for vehicles will be easier to go back and repair. They can comeback quickly into the fight so there is no reason to expose T3 by building it to close to the center of the map. The placement of T4 should be done like in the first variant. Because T2 will be most likely the third building you will build, don't forget to drop once or twice a healing box with your sturmpios near your Hq where your troops retreat. I discover that T3 start is going verry well with scavange doctrine, the puma and JLI combo producing good results. Your aim should still be the KT which in this case will come later.

I would avoid playing OKW like playing Ostheer, using to much the Mg34 HMG like I saw to some players. Mg34 it's not Mg42. You must use what this faction has best: elite heavy armor, strong elite infantry.

Of course there are many more things to say, but I have to go. Good luck!
5 Dec 2014, 07:36 AM

4 Squads of Volks, 1 Ober to rule them all.
5 Dec 2014, 07:37 AM

4 Squads of Volks, 1 Ober to rule them all.
5 Dec 2014, 15:05 PM

What doctrines do you own? That's important too as OKW (against expectations)has different play modes that are quite doctrine dependant.

If we're talking random 2v2 and you don't plan anything with your teammate, then things are simpler.

Build one volk squad and one kubel, then build some more volks (2 or 3 squads). If you suspect the enemy is going on fast vehicles like USF AA for instance, replace one volk squad with an raketen. It will be easier to fight it with combined arms (schreck + racketen).

Definitions:
T2 - jagdpanzer building
T3 - Puma building

1. If you start with T2, this will lead into an infantry intenssive tactic, so your best choice may be Breacktrough doctrine (for officer and Pfusiliers), or a doctrine like Special Ops or Scavange (because of infiltration grenades). Place the T2 somwhere hidden, preferably close to the center of the map and convert it into a retreating point. That way you will maintain a good presence on the field. Place the T4 so it has in range the T2 and one victory or fuel point. T4 also must not be to exposed. Placement of trucks it's a bitch, but a good placement will allways pay off :). Allways place your T2 and T4 when is peace and quiet, never in the middle of an incoming attack. You can build infantry gun too, PzII if there is not to much medium armor on the field. Best thing is if you can resist untill KT without building vehicles, so forget the panthers. But this is up to your partner, if it supports you well. If you built Panthers, keep them in back while in front you will have your resistant squads of volks and Obers. No unsupported armor. Kt, Panther, jagdtiger, all must be supported with volks and obersoldaten. OKW infantry is not so hard to preserve so you shouldn't have problems.

2. If you start with T3 which I prefer, you will have a complete solution containing counters to everything in early game (volks, strumpio, Puma). You have multiple choices from here. Eather you stay a little more at this level and build wurframens (2 is the best number), which I recommend against maxim/zis/mortar spam, eather you go to T4. Unlike the first variant, your T3 should be placed close to your base, because for vehicles will be easier to go back and repair. They can comeback quickly into the fight so there is no reason to expose T3 by building it to close to the center of the map. The placement of T4 should be done like in the first variant. Because T2 will be most likely the third building you will build, don't forget to drop once or twice a healing box with your sturmpios near your Hq where your troops retreat. I discover that T3 start is going verry well with scavange doctrine, the puma and JLI combo producing good results. Your aim should still be the KT which in this case will come later.

I would avoid playing OKW like playing Ostheer, using to much the Mg34 HMG like I saw to some players. Mg34 it's not Mg42. You must use what this faction has best: elite heavy armor, strong elite infantry.

Of course there are many more things to say, but I have to go. Good luck!

Thanks for the info mate! cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS