Login

russian armor

Matchmaking Quite Polarised

4 Dec 2014, 12:20 PM

Hey guys, so I usually 1v1s or 2v2s with a friend; but I'm finding in both cases that most of the time I/we either run all over the enemy or get curbstomped around the midgame. When we have even matches they are exciting and enjoyable, but also exceedingly rare!

I feel it's a little disappointing as I find it quite hard to improve when there are so few games of equal skill. If I was playing consistently better players that would be alright, I think eventually I'd find a way; but nowadays I feel tense going into the game as there's a 45% chance I will definitely be ruined, a 45% chance I will wreck someone else and a 10% chance I will have a good, long and enjoyable game.

What's going on with matchmaking? Does everyone find this? I used to play 2v2s and up with randomers but the completely insane pick of levels it seems to allocate has completely put me off.
4 Dec 2014, 12:23 PM

Lack of playerbase is first reason - can't do much about it.

Another reason is every single AT has its own ELO, resulting in varied results from varied ATs.

What this means is that a really good player forms AT with someone who he never played with will be matched with practically anyone for the first 10 matches that determine that AT's ELO.
4 Dec 2014, 12:33 PM

The more you play with the same teammate the more consistent it gets, that's my impression with few hundred AT games. We usually end up having 5 game winstreaks and then fall into 5 game loss streak :D

Generally I'd imagine the opponents we face are pretty much the same skill level as we are. Atleast blatant stomps are really rare.
5 Dec 2014, 15:57 PM

Ah ok thanks, I'll try to just play more with him I guess; it just seems a shame. Makes me want to join a clan for access to better team games but I'm not sure I have the time they demand.

What kind of size is the playerbase at the moment then?
5 Dec 2014, 16:06 PM

It's the highest of all the steam RTS so...

On a second note, a lot of CoH2 players are loyal fans since CoH1 and other similar games like DoW series, so expect a good portion of the playerbase to be experienced in the gameplay meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★