Login

russian armor

@ Relic, please expand prioritise vehicles

1 Dec 2014, 14:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Since the Tiger seems to be a bit of a sore spot for a couple folks, here's an alternative example.

I chase an Ostwind with my Sherman. He ducks behind a building for a second and my Sherman loses direct line of sight to the target for a brief moment. It is in that split second my Sherman reloads. There is absolutely nothing I can do to make the Sherman keep the shot loaded until it rounds the corner instead of rotating its turret 90 degrees to take a potshot at a cache. My Sherman has to spend another 6 seconds reloading, the Ostwind blitzes away, I take a faust and I cannot pursue.

There is no micro in the game that can prevent that- the only way to stop the tank shooting is with ground attack, and you cannot ground attack and have the tank move and chase at the same time.
1 Dec 2014, 14:24 PM

Absolutely every unit should at least hold fire.
1 Dec 2014, 14:29 PM

Also offtopic, if you're starting with 'I was charging with my 3 tigers', you can't expect all people to respond in a constructive way :D

What's wrong with charging three tigers? Charing 4 T/34-85s is okay but not Tigers? Also you're saying that adding prioritize vehicles for all tanks will take micro out of the game.. Lol, there's NO WAY to control a tanks turrent, so I don't see how it even makes sense to make this argument. If let's say you could control the turret using clicks to force it to face a certain direction before an engagement, it would make sense to not have prioritize vehicles because it would be easy mode; But having your tanks shoot like morons at a cache before a big engagement with ISUs, KTs, Tigers, IS2s is plain stupid.
1 Dec 2014, 14:39 PM

I would love a feature where you can manually aim a tank's turret prior to an engagement.
1 Dec 2014, 15:06 PM
Patrion 14

It's not trolly, I just don't agree like I said.
Sorry to not agree man.

Also offtopic, if you're starting with 'I was charging with my 3 tigers', you can't expect all people to respond in a constructive way :D

Since the Tiger seems to be a bit of a sore spot for a couple folks, here's an alternative example.

I chase an Ostwind with my Sherman. He ducks behind a building for a second and my Sherman loses direct line of sight to the target for a brief moment. It is in that split second my Sherman reloads. There is absolutely nothing I can do to make the Sherman keep the shot loaded until it rounds the corner instead of rotating its turret 90 degrees to take a potshot at a cache. My Sherman has to spend another 6 seconds reloading, the Ostwind blitzes away, I take a faust and I cannot pursue.

There is no micro in the game that can prevent that- the only way to stop the tank shooting is with ground attack, and you cannot ground attack and have the tank move and chase at the same time.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 14:29 PMKhan

What's wrong with charging three tigers? Charing 4 T/34-85s is okay but not Tigers? Also you're saying that adding prioritize vehicles for all tanks will take micro out of the game.. Lol, there's NO WAY to control a tanks turrent, so I don't see how it even makes sense to make this argument. If let's say you could control the turret using clicks to force it to face a certain direction before an engagement, it would make sense to not have prioritize vehicles because it would be easy mode; But having your tanks shoot like morons at a cache before a big engagement with ISUs, KTs, Tigers, IS2s is plain stupid.

thanks guys for discussing the topic at hand.

anyway, it was my mistake. what was i thinking saying 3 tigers!!! :facepalm: of course 3 tigers = noob spammer. i shouldve just lied and said 3 pz 4s, paks and stug, and theorycraft than provide replays and detailed walkthrough of the event why i think we need to expand at first "priortise vehicle", and now 'hold fire' abilities to all vehicles and more.

edited original post.
14 Dec 2014, 11:29 AM
Patrion 14

BUMP.

i have another reason why we should have hold fire on every vehicles:

there are a lot of times when two tanks are in range but does not have visions. this happens quite often.

i have had a lot of times where i had a tank one shot from death fall back and it got out of vision range of the pursuing tank only to reveal itself by shooting at the chasing tank in the fog of war (which stayed visible because it shot recently). this leads to a perfectly savable tank dying just because you have no control over your tank in regards to shooting its cannon.
14 Dec 2014, 12:05 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 10:19 AMspajn
Biggest mistake was implement the "target tanks only" function for AT guns. The little skill ceiling in this game was even more reduced and it was a good tactic to have AT guns on hold fire even if tanks where in range to lure them in so when you opened fire with 2 AT guns it was too late to reverse out of the firing range of the AT guns. But to micro the "hold fire" ability was too much for scrubs and Relic gave in.

I agree 100%. Since range is a factor in penetration hold-fire was much more rewarding on AT guns before they just blanket changed everything to be prioritize. Also in response to an earlier poster I actually support the idea for an auto-reinforce toggle key on infantry units like in dawn of War 2.

I think every unit in the game should have the hold-fire ability so we can utilize the, not always reliable, true-sight mechanics more fully.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★