Login

russian armor

How does RE volley fire work?

29 Nov 2014, 20:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey everyone,

im a bit at a loss about how to use this ability and ever since it was drastically changed (rightfully so) I cant get it to work at all.

Whenever I use it, it wont suppress anything. When it is used against me however (by the AI usually) it suppresses almost instantly quite often.

So can someone explain to me how the ability functions and how to use it?

Cover is probably a big factor, so will you ever use it against squads in yellow or even green cover? Do you only use it when the RE squad is equipped with a bar or 1919?

Afaik it builds up its suppression value over time and makes the RE squad more vulnerable and it therefore should focus on one single squad during the whole duration of the ability?

How much repositioning/moving is allowed?
30 Nov 2014, 03:24 AM

You are correct don't activate if your opp is in cover but usually they rush to you so as soon as they leave cover activate it, closer they get faster they will be suppressed, after 2 or 3 volleys you close in on them they will get suppressed .

Now for the fun part a suppressed squad will continue to be suppressed even when fired by rifles.

I usually change target in mid of volley fire once they are suppressed so I can suppress 2 squads using a single volley fire.
30 Nov 2014, 20:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for the advice, I never thought about the range factor to be honest.

Volley fire makes the rear echelon more vulnerable while its active iirc, and i therefore always tried to keep the RE's at max range when using the ability and thus they'd just never suppress anything.

I will try to close in and see what kind of result i get.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight