Login

russian armor

Volley Fire (abuse tip)

24 Nov 2014, 16:55 PM

so i again started testing volley fire, relic seems to have ninja patched it (i believe it was triggered after certain number of volleys earlier which made equipping BARs to cause early supperssion) now it seems to be timed so even if you equip an LMG, supperssion starts after some time.

Now for the abuse part (not completely mastered it im sure u guys can figure out better way)

once a squad is suppressed tell the REs to fire at second squad which insta suppresses and tell your rifle man to fire at the old suppressed squad , old suppressed squad will continue to be suppressed as long as they are under fire from any thing really anything (doesnt have to be RE volley fire).

above 2 steps can be repeated i have successfully suppressed 3 squads ( 1 Strum pio and 2 Volks early in game its pretty funny and annoying to opponents. the challenge is to keep REs alive till volley suppression activates keeping them in green cover helps.

Vaz
1 Dec 2014, 10:49 AM

This isn't new, but it is hard to master and keeping the RE alive is really really hard. Good explanation of the mechanic though. I don't think it's abuse. You have to select a squad to activate it, but the ability is supposed to reduce rate of fire and increase weapon suppression for a time. So using how you mentioned is much the same as changing targets with an hmg.
1 Dec 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 10:49 AMVaz
This isn't new, but it is hard to master and keeping the RE alive is really really hard. Good explanation of the mechanic though. I don't think it's abuse. You have to select a squad to activate it, but the ability is supposed to reduce rate of fire and increase weapon suppression for a time. So using how you mentioned is much the same as changing targets with an hmg.

the abuse part is the suppressed units continue to be suppressed even when Rifle squads are firing at them and Rear echelon have stopped firing. the suppression doesnt disappear even after 5-6 seconds as long as rifles are firing they will be suppressed even after alike 10 secs usually opps retreat by that time.

i have even see a case where you start volley fire after 2-3 volleys move your RE squad away and let Rifles fire on the squad and suddenly the squad gets suppressed ( this wasnt happening before).
1 Dec 2014, 21:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

not really abuse since all weapons deal suppression its just really small unnoticable amounts but with certain weapons(like HMG)/abilities(Volley fire/suppressive fire on paras),its alot more noticeable.

You can do this with HMG's too;a squad tries to sneak past the arc of fire but gets suppressed in a burst or so,but not pinned at the last second,then the weapon crew with their puny weak Mp40s will still keep the squad suppressed even though they arent in the arc of fire of the MG.
2 Dec 2014, 10:16 AM

the abuse part is the suppressed units continue to be suppressed even when Rifle squads are firing at them and Rear echelon have stopped firing. the suppression doesnt disappear even after 5-6 seconds as long as rifles are firing they will be suppressed even after alike 10 secs usually opps retreat by that time.

i have even see a case where you start volley fire after 2-3 volleys move your RE squad away and let Rifles fire on the squad and suddenly the squad gets suppressed ( this wasnt happening before).

Someoneelse could give you numbers i only can give you the mechanic:

Supression is a value, small arms do supression but so few that a unit dies before getting supressed. As such you can get the critical point with small arms when a supression weapon has done the main job before.

Supression stops when you do not get shot for very few seconds. Every Supressed unit can be held in supression like that. For example you supress one flanking unit with mg, then reposition. Keep one squad targeting the supressed flanker and use the mg for supressing the other flank.

Hope that clears it up.
2 Dec 2014, 11:13 AM

thanks guys, i get it now its part of the game mechanic, i was aware of the HMG but was intrigued when volley fire behaved similarly ..

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 21
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment