Login

russian armor

Does Relic have full time teams and other things

16 Nov 2014, 23:01 PM

Hi, i am not a game developer so please forgive me if my criticism is unfounded.

I am wondering if Relic has teams that focus on specific issues regardless of whatever major project is in the works (like Ardennes Assault). I feel that most of the manpower has been diverted into creating Ardennes Assault and to fix whatever is broken after its release. I realize this is normal and should be done as protocol, but I do hope there is some members left behind to fix on the vanilla game or WFA.

Now i know there are patches that happen in a monthly basis. The last major one was very good and a good step in the right direction. I am wondering how many more of these patches we will get in the future, or is it just once in a blue moon type of deal. I am very disappointed and annoyed that many things that the players have wanted (but i know u can't fix all of them at once), and things that Relic seem to be hinting at changing, are left unfinished. It is either these issues aren't being dealt with at all, or hidden behind an NDA. Some examples:

From the players:

1. SU76 changes (minor in terms of other things, but the fact that it hasn't been looked into for who knows when is disturbing)
2. Maps (some maps are known to be imbalanced)

Things that Relic clearly said were going to be changed or hinted at:

1. War spoils (this fundamentally is the same. Relic has added more war spoils and adjusted some rates, but no changes to how they are earned and what to deal with duplicate items)
2. JT and ISU (Somewhat recently discussed in the live beta, but seems to be put i the back burner)
3. Changes to Soviet and Ostheer (Relic put a big thread on the official forums for people to voice their opinions, but barely any response on what will be done)

Relic has also mentioned gameplay changes are coming in the next several months and not balance changes, so it i think most big improvements will come next year. I am getting to a point where i have little faith that Relic will "wow" us anytime soon.

Let me know what you guys think about all this
16 Nov 2014, 23:37 PM
Patrion 28

they have full time teams and other things. what those full time teams do and those other things are, not many people know. this has been an issue since at least dow2 ret (when i started noticing it) and probably longer because i didn't play relic games online until dow2: cr.
17 Nov 2014, 06:54 AM

they have full time teams and other things. what those full time teams do and those other things are, not many people know. this has been an issue since at least dow2 ret (when i started noticing it) and probably longer because i didn't play relic games online until dow2: cr.

Ya that is a problem. I bet most of their work is hidden behind some NDA, like Napalm said
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment