Login

russian armor

Will COH1 Ever Get a Patch?

14 Nov 2014, 02:22 AM

Im just wondering if coh1 will ever get a patch? Im asking because a lot of the people who still play coh1 to this day bought coh2 and thought it was a big disappointment like me. If I had to say coh1 is in its worst state right now, leaderboards mess up, basic match ranks, and all the other bugs. WE WANT THEM FIXED!!!!!!!!
14 Nov 2014, 03:34 AM
Donator 11

coh1 daed gaem
14 Nov 2014, 13:54 PM

"coh1 daed gaem" what a useful comment, *clap clap*
14 Nov 2014, 14:17 PM

bring back the roos plz
14 Nov 2014, 14:17 PM

Relic should at least get it back to its former level of quality, I'm sure they want to, but do they have the resources free?
14 Nov 2014, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 14:17 PMwuff
Relic should at least get it back to its former level of quality, I'm sure they want to, but do they have the resources free?

It feels like they care but they don't if that makes sense, as in they think about it but say Meh, lets go make more random money grubbing single player stuff.
14 Nov 2014, 17:05 PM

It feels like they care but they don't if that makes sense, as in they think about it but say Meh, lets go make more random money grubbing single player stuff.

In fairness to them... the "random money grubbing" is why they exist and why any content gets made.

But COH still has a player base and there are still new players ($2.99 deals? humble bundle?) and certainly more players than before they fixed the Steam patch and added some of the old lobby utility. I don't know how much they are getting form it, but it isn't $0.

But it makes a lot more sense to sell 100,000 copies of a $40 product than 10,000 or even another million of a $2 product.
14 Nov 2014, 17:16 PM

Iz this coh1.org? MVGame
14 Nov 2014, 17:21 PM

Totally same situation with DoW2 though
14 Nov 2014, 17:40 PM

Iz this coh1.org? MVGame

coh central...

14 Nov 2014, 17:41 PM
Benefactor 355

Why would RELIC waste time on a game with a constant decline in player base?
14 Nov 2014, 17:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ OP I don't see why not - but vCoH players have to start digging into their pockets, IMO.

It was ofc highly unfortunate that Ubisoft tried that stunt to close down the vCoH servers, disrupting what had become a stable game.

Under the aegis of SEGA, the game was rescued from oblivion, but now, after it has been more or less restored, if further tweaks are wanted, it should not be down to CoH2 players to continually subsidise this activity.

So then, doubtless, you may ask how might this occur? The answer, I suggest, might lie in skins for the models.

14 Nov 2014, 17:50 PM
Benefactor 355

Gud point MajorBloodnok. We payed way too much money for coh2 to have relic patch vcoh, a game that hardly any coh2 players play.
14 Nov 2014, 18:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I would play coh1 if there was more activity. But right now im fine with coh2 :) Patch would be great.
14 Nov 2014, 18:19 PM

I didn't realise COH2 was growing in players at such steady rate. In fact the impression I got was that it had a declining player base... In this case, as your statement suggests, they should cut there losses and begin work on COH3.
14 Nov 2014, 18:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I didn't realise COH2 was growing in players at such steady rate.

It is? ;)

In fact the impression I got was that it had a declining player base...

I doubt if we are both wrong -- though in fairness, I have not researched stats since the last patch, so I suppose we might be wrong..

In this case, as your statement suggests, they should cut there losses and begin work on COH3.

Albeit it seems to have taken an eternity to have restored vCoH to something approaching the original, the impression I have - (probably incorrect) - is that not only are some previous players are returning to it, but it has attracted some curious new players also. (In fact, watching Kodachrome on his new computer, it was difficult to fault the almost HD graphics of the game).

And now that Relic have launched this big new sales pack incorporating vCoH and CoH2, logic dictates that they dare not let vCoH wither on the vine.

But as I wrote earlier,if Relic intend to revive and promote vCoh as well as CoH2, then they will need almost certainly to patch -and the question then inevitably arises: who pays for the vCoH patch?

Honestly, I would prefer them to sort out vCoH and CoH2 properly, before going further forward to CoH3. but that may be uncommercial on my part

14 Nov 2014, 19:50 PM
Patrion 14

I doubt there will be another patch. Which is sad since there are still many bugs (even some new Smoking Guns Introduced with the last patches) and other issues. But the don´t even got the resources to support CoH2. It makes no sense to waste money on such a old game like CoH 1. I guess their focus is on DoW 3 atm.

In fact the player numbers of CoH1 are stable. There is even a small growth.

According to your logic the CoH2 servers would have went offline after three months since CoH2 lost ~70% of its players during this time.

8,036.4 - June 2013
2,398.9 - November 2013

In fact, watching Kodachrome on his new computer, it was difficult to fault the almost HD graphics of the game

The texture resolution is the same in CoH1 and CoH2. At least it was in the beta when modding was still possible. I doubt they added new and better textures since then. Just the snow uses better textures. So if CoH1 isn´t HD CoH2 isn´t aswell.
15 Nov 2014, 01:09 AM
Benefactor 355

It is true that coh2 player base fluctuates quite a lot. That is due to Relic's failure with balance. After every patch there is a two-fold increase in player count, but a month after approximately the same number leaves.
If you take a closer look at the monthly average numbers you can notice that the patch fluctuation is starting to get smaller over the period of December 2013 to November of 2014. People are starting to stick around in greater numbers (aka Relic gets better with balance).

On the other hand, if you compare periods of mass exoduses of coh2 player base with vcoh player base you can notice that only a small portion of dissatisfied coh2 players go back to play vcoh. Great majority leaves coh franchise all together. It is quite possible that most of these "leavers" have never played vcoh, nor do they plan to.

Vcoh player base is pretty stable of around 1.6k on monthly average; however, if you take a look at the peek count you will notice that vcoh never came close to 4582 it had in May of 2013.

Coh2 averages ~4K players per month, but given a good patch, it has no problem coming close to the original peek of 20k it initially had.

The bottom line is that Relic needs to keep players in franchise and the only way to do it is to spend resources on a product that has potential to bring in the new players and keep current player base. In this case that can be only done with continuation of coh2 patch releases.

EDIT
Sources:
VCOH stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/228200#All
COH2 stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All
15 Nov 2014, 02:12 AM

Other than "keeping the lights on", I dont think relic or smoking gun will release another patch. Some one would have to pay for it and even though the game sells for 10$, or 30 bundled, there simply isnt enough to breathe new life into the game.

Alot of the feed back ive read has been about skirmish,basic, match ranks. While that is a bummer you cant be any other level than one, it really doenst matter in the running of the game. Im just glad automatch works and leaderboards are accurate.

While i would like to see some changes to the staghound and maybe an updated map pool, I feel like this game is as good as its gonna get. I know I have both coh's but coh 1 will always be a favorite of mine and I will continue to play it untill the lights go out.
16 Nov 2014, 05:23 AM

It is true that coh2 player base fluctuates quite a lot. That is due to Relic's failure with balance. After every patch there is a two-fold increase in player count, but a month after approximately the same number leaves.
If you take a closer look at the monthly average numbers you can notice that the patch fluctuation is starting to get smaller over the period of December 2013 to November of 2014. People are starting to stick around in greater numbers (aka Relic gets better with balance).

On the other hand, if you compare periods of mass exoduses of coh2 player base with vcoh player base you can notice that only a small portion of dissatisfied coh2 players go back to play vcoh. Great majority leaves coh franchise all together. It is quite possible that most of these "leavers" have never played vcoh, nor do they plan to.

Vcoh player base is pretty stable of around 1.6k on monthly average; however, if you take a look at the peek count you will notice that vcoh never came close to 4582 it had in May of 2013.

Coh2 averages ~4K players per month, but given a good patch, it has no problem coming close to the original peek of 20k it initially had.

The bottom line is that Relic needs to keep players in franchise and the only way to do it is to spend resources on a product that has potential to bring in the new players and keep current player base. In this case that can be only done with continuation of coh2 patch releases.

EDIT
Sources:
VCOH stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/228200#All
COH2 stats: http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All

The reason why the stats for coh1 are going down is because the game is bad. I would almost guarantee that if they updated the game with the ranks and fixed stags and roo's, the game's player base would easily go up. Also the only reason coh2 got up to 20k people at max is because everyone bought the game thought it was going to be good and it turned out to be a pile of shit (imo and a lot of other peoples). Coh2 is not a good game to play. its not optimized at all. its hard to see things such as the mini map which is what you use to micro..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS