Login

russian armor

The imbalance between Allied and Axis Infantry Anti-tank

PAGES (20)down
29 Dec 2014, 01:31 AM

Then buff the ratkenwerfer to something resembling a Pak. The lack of fuel income does very little to stop the massive blob of super effective infantry that can hard counter any US armor.

Barring the IS-2, or ISU-152, you only really need one panther because obers completely nullify any and all infantry, and the 2-3 5 star volks squad can obliterate any allied armor.

Its not some magical coincidence that it takes me 20 min to find a game as a German in 4 v 4 vs 30 seconds as the allies. No one wants to play anything larger than a 2 v 2 as the allies, and with good fucking reason. The heavy armor is NOT balanced at all. Of course Germans are all for making the bazookas cheaper, a useless AT weapon is still useless even if it costs less.

The new instant squad wipe mechanics have only made the problem of closing with armor even worse. But hey Germans can always just keep cheering "flank" and "combined arms" so the game stays like it is.

yes of course i should have seen that you are teamgame player because your the only kind of player that could make such claims. But you are barking up the wrong tree. okw in 1vs1 is balanced including its shreks. the real culprit in teamgames is the ostheer giving the okw an economical advantage it should not have. This was a similar issue with coh 1 brit (especially royal engineers) + Ami.

they never fixed that so i guess allies are screwed in temagames.
29 Dec 2014, 01:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 01:31 AMJaigen

yes of course i should have seen that you are teamgame player because your the only kind of player that could make such claims. But you are barking up the wrong tree. okw in 1vs1 is balanced including its shreks. the real culprit in teamgames is the ostheer giving the okw an economical advantage it should not have. This was a similar issue with coh 1 brit (especially royal engineers) + Ami.

they never fixed that so i guess allies are screwed in temagames.

Yes allies are screwed in team games, and I am sick of it. I can go on crazy streaks with Germans, but right now with most allied teams you are fucked, even with better players. Plus the majority of the time it seems like you are facing arranged teams who play as Germans. But I don't like waiting 15min for a game, and then someone drops right off the hop you have wasted your time.

The new factions are incredibly poorly designed and the lack of target tables mean that balancing this mess of a game is probably going to be an endless labor from a company that has virtually no resources.My favorite Ost strategy is to just call in fuel for my OKW ally and go for a 10 min King Tiger. Most of the time thats an instant surrender and gg. If the game does drag on then just call in an elephant or a jagd, now that the ISU-152 has been nerfed to hell it's almost impossible for allies to deal with.

But to the discussion at hand, I don't really see why having allies with an effective handheld AT weapon is the end of the world. Shreks have what like 50% more penetration and damage for only 30% more against the majority of allied tanks which have very little armor to begin with?
29 Dec 2014, 02:01 AM

It has been acknowledged by Relic that Allies suffer in the team game sector. Relic has also acknowledged that the Allies are harder to play
29 Dec 2014, 02:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Still not twice the cost. Barely :P

Having to research it, go to base and buy them for 60muni while having 40 less damage and 50 less penetration against higher armored vehicles. Yep, totally worth it.

OKW gives cold inmunity and you can research them even on enemy territory. The utility!

It would be interesting seeing the same zook performance n price, but without research cost.
29 Dec 2014, 09:18 AM

only 2 good point zook better than Sherck
1 Reload faster 2 sec
2 most unit can equip (expect medic)
29 Dec 2014, 11:04 AM

only 2 good point zook better than Sherck
1 Reload faster 2 sec
2 most unit can equip (expect medic)

People tend to forget the first. the dps of a single zooka is about the same as the shrek. its an excellent vehicle and medium tank destroyer for its cost. also you can give them to the noncombat rear echelon troops is also a boon. i often incorporate them in my lt + flak track rushes to force okw players in making a puma in 1vs1. supported by zooks you can make live really difficult for the okw.
29 Dec 2014, 11:07 AM

The new factions are incredibly poorly designed and the lack of target tables mean that balancing this mess of a game is probably going to be an endless labor from a company that has virtually no resources.My favorite Ost strategy is to just call in fuel for my OKW ally and go for a 10 min King Tiger. Most of the time thats an instant surrender and gg. If the game does drag on then just call in an elephant or a jagd, now that the ISU-152 has been nerfed to hell it's almost impossible for allies to deal with.

i say these factions are very well designed but the okw has a rather horrid synergy with the ost. most complains on these forums regarding the okw are stupid. shrek blobs simply do not exist in 1vs1 and neither do the 10 minute kt's

as far as i know the isu-152 is not nerfed. it simply has to choose between AT or AI if its in AT mode it remains as potent as ever against tank.

First relic needs to reduce the economic buffs the ostheer can give to the okw then we can continue.
29 Dec 2014, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 11:07 AMJaigen

i say these factions are very well designed but the okw has a rather horrid synergy with the ost. most complains on these forums regarding the okw are stupid. shrek blobs simply do not exist in 1vs1 and neither do the 10 minute kt's

as far as i know the isu-152 is not nerfed. it simply has to choose between AT or AI if its in AT mode it remains as potent as ever against tank.

First relic needs to reduce the economic buffs the ostheer can give to the okw then we can continue.

Thing is, anything besides 1v1 is "easy" mode with OKW. Theres little to none micro tax with the faction and you can just rely heavily on Volks + Obers to carry you. While the punishment of losing a vehicle is higher, each of them have stronger survivability abilities. So being able to punish an overcommitment of OKW remains harder.

Basically, the sheer amount of effort to perform well with each faction is completely different and regarding OKW its way easier in comparison to the other 3.

You don't need OH when you can:
-Kubel truck push/crush
-Into Flak HT to deny any midpush
-Into quick P2 from the other player
-Crit mass of Volks shrecks.
-Followed by Obers or other elite unit
-Get fortifications and make good use of your extra mp
-????
-Profit

Congratulations, now you are a top100 teamgame axis player :D
29 Dec 2014, 19:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge