Login

russian armor

JU-87 Strafe shredding tanks.

PAGES (8)down
9 Nov 2014, 07:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge

JU-87 Strafe completely broken instantly taking SU-85's and Shermans down to 20% in a single one of 3 passes. How does something as completely ridiculous as this manage to slip through?

9 Nov 2014, 07:16 AM

Axis revenge against the P47 rocket strike?
9 Nov 2014, 07:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Except Rocket Strafe is literally 100% dodgeable by just reverse moving, and isn't on a Commander with Tigers, and isn't on a faction with incredibly strong Tanks and with plenty of options for incredibly strong Anti tank.
Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 07:34 AM

This is more effective than p47, because it's more accurate and releases it's payload faster. It's also firing at lower health/armor units.
9 Nov 2014, 07:46 AM

JU-87 Strafe completely broken instantly taking SU-85's and Shermans down to 20% in a single one of 3 passes. How does something as completely ridiculous as this manage to slip through?

you should be glad it didnt kill that su85 and got killed by tiger instead Kappa
9 Nov 2014, 07:54 AM

The SU-85 was already struck once by a tiger and killed by a tiger. The sherman was struck once by a ZiS-3 and a Panther after the barrage.

It's also a call in Anti-Tank Strafe. 37mm of firepower isn't a damn joke. But surely it's too much to ask that you just simply build an M5 and upgrade it to .50 quad guns or have your American teammate build the M15 FlaK-Halftrack?

Just more Allies bitching about whatever useful tools Axis have to try and get it nerfed.

I mean seriously, anything effective just happens to be OP and in need of nerfing, this is pathetic!
9 Nov 2014, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 07:54 AMSierra
The SU-85 was already struck once by a tiger and killed by a tiger. The sherman was struck once by a ZiS-3 and a Panther after the barrage.

It's also a call in Anti-Tank Strafe. 37mm of firepower isn't a damn joke. But surely it's too much to ask that you just simply build an M5 and upgrade it to .50 quad guns or have your American teammate build the M15 FlaK-Halftrack?

Just more Allies bitching about whatever useful tools Axis have to try and get it nerfed.

I mean seriously, anything effective just happens to be OP and in need of nerfing, this is pathetic!

That's a dick way to say it but I agree.
9 Nov 2014, 08:01 AM

9 Nov 2014, 08:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Tiger hit the SU-85 twice, the other 70% of the health was instantly and unavoidably shredded by the first run of the Strafe? How do you think that it's okay, that there is 0% chance for counterplay at all, even after seeing the smoke and then immediately driving as far away as possible from the smoke. If it's going to be this ridiculously potent it should have a small dodgeable area, not have a massive area that is undodgeable. Then it will instantly take out 70% health of any Tanks Allies can field, (Except IS-2) and then return and do it twice more. You have to be delusional to think that's a perfectly okay thing to have in your game.

But surely it's too much to ask that you just simply build an M5 and upgrade it to .50 quad guns or have your American teammate build the M15 FlaK-Halftrack?

Do you not know how Soviet teching works? Because the faction is so brokenly designed, it's impossible to have both T3 for AA and T4 for SU-85's. Even then, have you actually seriously seen a Quad Half Track actually try to shoot anything down? It generally takes about 2 volleys to actually shoot down a plane. That's two volleys of instantly and unavoidably taking out any tank to 20% health. I don't see how that is reasonable.

P-47 meanwhile, you literally can just reverse move and it'll miss entirely.
9 Nov 2014, 08:03 AM

That's a dick way to say it but I agree.

To be honest, I'm tired of being "nice" about stuff. When you try to be nice people either shit all over you, try to troll you, or say you're "delusional" and brush it off. Reality is that being a dick is the only way to get a point across.
9 Nov 2014, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:13 AMSierra

Oh I'm sorry was that too difficult for you to comprefuckinhend?

The JU-87D hit your tanks 3x on a pass, all three bursts from the 37mm hitting your lightly armored tanks hit. You had no AA, not even a pintle mounted MG, you were punished for it. It's a dedicated anti-tank strafe, it it's not doing tank-busting it's not worth it as a call in or a doctrine.

Besides this, Allied tanks are dirt fuckin' cheap, so sack up and quit crying, buy a new one.

that doctrine has no callin infantry and no call in tanks...i would hope that it has some serious economic/arty/strafe etc abilities or why even use it...it is a strong ability, but i would take airborne over luftwaffe as AB gets the sweet paratroopers and those P47s absolutely can turn the tide and finish off a half health Tiger/Panther in one pass
9 Nov 2014, 08:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

People complained about the P47 hence instead of "fixing" it, we gave skillplanes to the other factions. Now we need to tune up the IL2 so it gets back to instawipe squads across the map.

It seems that with the new patch it is tracking better than before.
470damage± seems to be doing per pass.
9 Nov 2014, 08:23 AM
Senior Caster Badge

that doctrine has no callin infantry and no call in tanks...i would hope that it has some serious economic/arty/strafe etc abilities or why even use it...it is a strong ability, but i would take airborne over luftwaffe as AB gets the sweet paratroopers and those P47s absolutely can turn the tide and finish off a half health Tiger/Panther in one pass

Erm, no it has Tigers? Lightning War has Tigers, G43's, Light Artillery Barrage AND this instant unavoidable instant 80% Snipe allied vehicles 3 times AT Strafe.

It's not just turning the tide, it's literally winning engagements by clicking 2 buttons with no room for counter play. How do you not see a problem with this? Late game, in particular tank battles are already incredibly axis favoured. This kind of off map 2 click destroy all tanks and win game button really is not needed, let alone completely broken and lame for game play.

9 Nov 2014, 08:29 AM

Erm, no it has Tigers? Lightning War has Tigers and G43's AND this instant unavoidable instant 80% Snipe allied vehicles 3x times AT Sfrafe.

It's not just turning the tide, it's literally winning engagements by clicking 2 buttons.

Kind of like Incendiary Barrage now, or the super insta-wipe IL-2 of ages past?

The 37mm AT-Strafe has been about as effective as pissing on the tanks to see if they rust to death for a very long time now. It's about time Relic gave them a boost in damage for their role considering the expense in calling them in.

Also I'm very certain it's avoidable with proper air deterrence and preparation. Besides the video evidence in both scenes shows that the Allied tanks made absolutely no attempt to try and leave the area once they saw the flares hit the ground.
9 Nov 2014, 08:34 AM
Donator 33

This must be the first thread ever in COH 2 history complaining about this strafe being too powerful, so i guess relic actually did something right this time,

PS. i have always wanted this ability to have an impact, even if i am a soviet player (huge fan of Hans Ulrich Rudel), since it has always sucked and it costs a lot in munitions and you never saw it being used
9 Nov 2014, 08:35 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah they buffed the hell out of it last patch. And now we have this, since Relic don't know how to or don't bother to actually play test their changes.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:29 AMSierra

Kind of like Incendiary Barrage now, or the super insta-wipe IL-2 of ages past?

Um, what? You think Incendiary Barrage is game breaking? You do realise that when you see that Red Smoke you can just walk out of it... like every other off-map arty ever except for strafing runs which do have smoke but have a massive radius that can't be dodged. If you're having problems with off maps abilities that are completely dodgeable then I think it says something about your skill level and how valid your opinion is on balance.

Also Incendiary does not instantly shred 80% off any tank (apart from IS2), nor does it instantly 80% infantry. It only works at forcing MG's and AT guns to make up before a big push, or area deny.

Insta-wipe IL2 of the past was OP and game breaking with no chance for counterplay... that's why it was nerfed. That's how balance works.
9 Nov 2014, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:34 AMATCF
This must be the first thread ever in COH 2 history complaining about this strafe being too powerful, so i guess relic actually did something right this time,

PS. i have always wanted this ability to have an impact, even if i am a soviet player (huge fan of Hans Ulrich Rudel), since it has always sucked and it costs a lot in munitions and you never saw it being used

Hans-Ulrich Rudel, er trinkt nur sprudel.

@PwnageMachine, quit fuckin' crying man.

The guy dumped 200 munitions into a air-call in that lowered the HP of two single individual tanks to a manageable level that allowed for quick destruction. You nor your ally(allies?) Had any proper Anti-Aircaft on the field and made no attempts at all to try and escape, you set yourselves up for your own destruction, swallow it down like a damn man and face the fact you got outplayed.
9 Nov 2014, 09:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 08:34 AMATCF

Bwhahahahahahaahah

+1
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment