Login

russian armor

Response Time Change didn't do squat. ...

9 Nov 2014, 07:00 AM

Anyone that plays FPS or SC2 knows what I'm talking about. Before performance was incredibly sluggish with almost 1 second response times. Now it is still really sluggish with a noticeable half-second delay in all commands by mid-game. Seriously, why is this game so badly coded? And no my computer and connection is not bad. It works fine in every other game and I am high masters in SC2 and have an r9 290. This game is really a joke from a technical perspective when it could be so great otherwise.
9 Nov 2014, 07:48 AM

90% of us here dont have problems since we are using older graphics cards when we play coh2 :D you should get something like a 670 or 760 or whatever. :D
9 Nov 2014, 10:27 AM

Good to see I am not the only one. Everyone was like 'wow no delay at all after the patch yessss' and I was like 'hmm I know that the previous 800ms were bad. But now it's 500ms which is also pretty bad somehow'.
9 Nov 2014, 17:56 PM

I agree with the OP. It is nice that they improved the response time but performance somehow decreases in every patch after WF so the improvement is actually nowhere to be seen.

I think COH2 is the worst performing game I have, and I have a pretty big library.
9 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM

90% of us here dont have problems since we are using older graphics cards when we play coh2 :D you should get something like a 670 or 760 or whatever. :D

Most people are casuals and play 2v2 with friends. They don't play competitively just like all the people that play CS on old LCD monitors with high response times. If Relic is serious about esports it needs to get the performance of this game up to par. I only 1v1 and play competitively on a 144hz low, response monitor and the game's performance is seriously sluggish. I play at 2560x1440 which I know is high but I still only get 60 fps and there are huge dips and stutters throughout the game. At 1920x1080 performance is no better with big dips and stutters too which indicates there's a problem with the game from a technical perspective. I get over 250 FPS in SC2 for example and it stays over 200 even during intense action.

And COH2 seriously favors AMD cards over Nvidia and the 290 is the 2nd best single-slot AMD card out right now. It is also about 40-50% faster than a 670 or 760 which shows you don't know what you're talking about with respect to graphics cards.

Seriously, if the code is bad then they should change design elements like making units having to listen to squad leaders before moving. It would decrease the response times. The game still needs to improve a lot. I want it to do well when it finally premieres on ESL as a competitive sport.
10 Nov 2014, 02:18 AM
Patrion 14

its fine for me
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment