Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Your basic strategy

8 Nov 2014, 14:24 PM

With the changes in the october patch i just wanted to see where ostheer players stand right now with the pak nerf.With panther a bit more useable and same for pzgrenadiers,is grenspam still the one road?

So i would like to know ur thoughts on ur basic strategy when using ostheer
Against USF
Against SU

In 1 vs 1
Changes for 2 vs 2 and above.

Not many wehrmacht threads here,so i thought this would be nice to get some discussion going on the current meta of this faction.
8 Nov 2014, 15:33 PM

Actually it's PZ4 spamming, don't know why.
8 Nov 2014, 15:41 PM

Actually it's PZ4 spamming, don't know why.

Because P4 spamming was never bad, it was just overshadowed by more efficient call in meta lol
8 Nov 2014, 15:43 PM

For 1v1:
I have been trying Mechanized Assault doctrine:
Ass Gren
Tier 1
Gren
Gren
MG
Tech 1
Gren
Tier 2
Pak
Stug E
Panzer Gren w/Shrek
Hold out for Tiger

Ass Grens either catch people off guard or suck your MP down the drain, so I am experimenting with this build without building the Ass Grens at all (Which might be prudent considering the buff for BARs that makes Riflemen good at close combat). Paks have also been hit or miss, the damn Panzer Grens though always seem to lose one model the instant someone fires at them, so 90% of the time they are a 3 man squad and Shreks aren't the most accurate things in the world anymore...

Another build I have been trying:
Osstrupen doc:
Osstrupen
Tier 1
Gren
Gren
Osstrupen
MG
Arty Officer
Mortar
Tech 1
Pak
Panzer Gren w/Shrek
Tech 2
(Skip building Tier 3)
Tech 3
Tier 4
Panther
Panzerwerfer

Arty Officer buffs range and can coordinate abilities of both Mortar and Panzerwerfer. Rail Arty can break clumps or gimp US Forward Reinforce Point. Build more Osstrupen throughout and use them to absorb fire while Grens get kills with LMG. Tank rushes can be a headache, becasue Pak is meh now. This build might also work well in 2v2 with more mortars and a partner to be on push duty with you on defense/arty duty.

8 Nov 2014, 16:23 PM

I like to experiment allot and hence lose my fair share of games, but in 1's, generally speaking vs USF go 4 t1 units, tech up and get a 222/pak, then fill out as you want and wait for a tiger/pumas.

VS Soviets, depends on their build, but generally speaking, a large t1 works, say 5 t1 units and again some t2 stuff into tiger/pumas.

Your mix of t1 units is really up to yourself, some people like pure grens which is easier to handle, or they mix in some HMG's, which require more positioning. Vs soviets and USF, I like to get a sniper mid-game, but many would prefer just another extra Gren/Pgren/HMG.

In 2's, it is a different kettle of fish, but a solid general BO is 2 grens, 2 HMGS into t2 and a 222. Work it from there.

Don't forget your minesweepers! Against USF you can get away without one if they don't get the Utility car.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★