Login

russian armor

@Relic: Simple Request

7 Nov 2014, 05:09 AM
Patrion 14

hello relic ppl.

can you guys upload twitch broadcasts to your youtube channel?

i dont have access to high speed internet most of the day and twitch just generally loads slower.

if it's too much, oh well. i just had to ask
7 Nov 2014, 13:40 PM

They could also advertise streamers in their fb page , wouldnt hurt if more SP people got introduced to mp
7 Nov 2014, 13:59 PM

They could also advertise streamers in their fb page , wouldnt hurt if more SP people got introduced to mp

i like how your response isnt related to the topic at all :guyokay:
7 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

well the topic is simple requests of relic. So you're right, that's definitely way too complicated :D
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 8 Nov 2014, 05:29 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2014, 16:12 PMRomeo
well the topic is simple requests of relic. So you're right, that's definitely way too complicated :D

<side-eye> AHEM. Romeo.

To the OP: There are certain things we have to clear with Twitch. This is something we're discussing, I know there are those that would like to see our vids on YT because they can't easily access Twitch. If we are not able to upload our Twitch streams to YT, we'd like to look into creating separate video content for YT similar to the Twitch streams on a semi-regular basis. It will take time given the size of our team, and the fact that we have a high workload. There are many things we need to do! We're aware of that. We need time to do it all :)
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 8 Nov 2014, 05:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Oh and in case you haven't seen, you can see some of our past Twitch Broadcasts here:

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/profile/past_broadcasts

8 Nov 2014, 07:27 AM

Isn't there software available that will allow you to record to a file while streaming? Then that file could be easily uploaded to YouTube after the stream without having to work with Twitch :)
8 Nov 2014, 07:32 AM

yes please upload into youtube. sometimes, twitch loads slow for me as well
8 Nov 2014, 07:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2014, 07:27 AMQvazar
Isn't there software available that will allow you to record to a file while streaming? Then that file could be easily uploaded to YouTube after the stream without having to work with Twitch :)

you can use open broadcaster software that supports streaming and save to file, there is another program you can use in conjunction with xsplit or OBS that can record to file or you could use fraps while using in-game streaming options.
8 Nov 2014, 07:52 AM
Patrion 14

Oh and in case you haven't seen, you can see some of our past Twitch Broadcasts here:

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/profile/past_broadcasts

i am aware of that 'cept twitch loading time even when i have high speed internet is choppy. while i can watch youtube on same quality with no buffering
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 8 Nov 2014, 07:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge

This isn't a software thing. It's more to do with agreements in place. If we can do it, we will.
8 Nov 2014, 12:46 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2014, 07:27 AMQvazar

you press a button on the twitch VoD and it gets sent to your connected youtube channel. no extra software needed.

but they can't do that because their Gestapo brand manager won't allow it, same with re-tweets for tournaments.
8 Nov 2014, 13:05 PM

Who'd want to watch Relic vids from stream on youtube anyway :snfPeter:
and
8 Nov 2014, 13:26 PM

Because twitch vods suck. Constant buffering.
8 Nov 2014, 15:57 PM

Sorry but are you high or what? The OP!!!!!!
9 Nov 2014, 05:21 AM
Patrion 28

fairly sure he's being sarcastic; note the smiley.
9 Nov 2014, 10:27 AM

+1, I can't use twitch properly but youtube works fine, I'd watch your streams if they became available on YT after the fact.
10 Nov 2014, 11:10 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

<side-eye> AHEM. Romeo.

To the OP: There are certain things we have to clear with Twitch. This is something we're discussing, I know there are those that would like to see our vids on YT because they can't easily access Twitch. If we are not able to upload our Twitch streams to YT, we'd like to look into creating separate video content for YT similar to the Twitch streams on a semi-regular basis. It will take time given the size of our team, and the fact that we have a high workload. There are many things we need to do! We're aware of that. We need time to do it all :)

I honestly don't understand this: Twitch already allows channels to attach their Youtube/Google account so that streamers can upload their VODs on Youtube. We do it everytime with SNF videos and even if we are registered as a business company we didn't have to get any particoular permission to do so.

Oh well, hope you will be able to "fix" this soon, Twitch is harsh sometimes especially when you try to watch old VODs (they take a load of time to be loaded) ^^
10 Nov 2014, 15:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

<side-eye> AHEM. Romeo. To the OP: There are certain things we have to clear with Twitch.

See? Too complicated! :D

Could you explain what the agreement is that forbids relic from putting their videos on youtube? And could you explain why relic would ever agree to such a silly and limiting agreement?
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 13 Nov 2014, 22:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Romeo: there are a lot of aspects to our business that we simply can't publicly discuss, due to contracts. That's just a part of srs bidnizz now and then.

HOWEVER - I came back to this thread to provide an update. It sounds like we may have negotiated a solution to this :)

So stay tuned, and thanks for the feedback folks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★