Login

russian armor

Pak retreating from fear propaganda artillery

5 Nov 2014, 20:37 PM

As the title says, i don't know if i'm the only one who got this, but pak started retreating because "Fear Propaganda Artillery" was in effect, while it maybe be logical, i think the mechanic is just silly, i mean they don't suffer from cold, so it would seem like they have similar properties of a vehicle. So for fear propaganda to work seems kinda bs.
5 Nov 2014, 20:41 PM

Are you serious?
5 Nov 2014, 20:44 PM

Yes i'm serious, pak40 retreating from fear propaganda? never encountered it before, then again, not many people use it, so it is possible that i just missed it, just wanted to clear up for future reference
5 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, that is the only ability that can retreat an at gun and it always could. Probably the reason why it is more effective than suppresion strafe of wehr.
5 Nov 2014, 20:51 PM

Thanks for a quick respone and for clearing it up for me. +1
5 Nov 2014, 21:13 PM

You would like it more if it stayed there without infantry cover and get in soviet players hands?
5 Nov 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 20:44 PMToten
Yes i'm serious, pak40 retreating from fear propaganda? never encountered it before, then again, not many people use it, so it is possible that i just missed it, just wanted to clear up for future reference

I asked it because you thought it was BS that it worked when PAK40s had similar properties to vehicles. Despite them being *unlike vehicles* vulnerable to snipers, vulnerable to fire, vulnerable fragmentation bombs and most important of all, they are support weapons crewed by infantry.
5 Nov 2014, 21:35 PM

I asked it because you thought it was BS that it worked when PAK40s had similar properties to vehicles. Despite them being *unlike vehicles* vulnerable to snipers, vulnerable to fire, vulnerable fragmentation bombs and most important of all, they are support weapons crewed by infantry.
Not what i meant, what i'm saying is that devs implemented a retreat for paks without a retreat button (which is good so far, i'm not gonna argue there) it's similar to previous trend when you were able to garrison the pak in a building. Despite them having weaknesess to direct fire, i never saw them have negative effects from cold or fear propaganda (or so i thought until today). Despite that, it still looks ridiculous.
5 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM

You would like it more if it stayed there without infantry cover and get in soviet players hands?
No, but you could just simply pull them back, not supposed to keep paks on the front without secure flanks anyway
5 Nov 2014, 21:42 PM
Patrion 14

Happened to a captured Zis aswell. Proof:

5 Nov 2014, 21:47 PM

Happened to a captured Zis aswell. Proof:

Thank you. I was proven wrong
5 Nov 2014, 22:19 PM
Patrion 28

generally this is better for the german players than the soviet player because you're not going to get your pak run over by infantry or tanks that are faster than it.
6 Nov 2014, 20:06 PM
Donator 33

Prop arty has always retreated AT guns, they have to be moving when its falling on them, to have a chance of retreating them
5 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

It's lazy programming from Relic's part, why the F would it work on non-Retreat units?

Makes the ability spike to max op in some instances, especially with quick t70 from Soviets.

I just had this happen to me in a 2v2 match vs double soviets and after my captured Zif retreated, i lost the entire position to a f T70.

This shit is why COH2 will never make it to SC2 levels when it comes to eSports. Imagine this crap happening in a final match or something.

Thank you, Relic! If it weren't for my liking of WW2 stuff, I would have been done with this "game" a long time ago.
6 Nov 2015, 00:52 AM
Patrion 14

that rage.

yeah nice point though. this whole "it affected me badly so its broken" cries are always valid.
6 Nov 2015, 01:33 AM
Donator 33

AT guns cant retreat if they are "deployed" but if the gun is ready to move and not ready to fire, then the prop arty can make it retreat ( You can blame Relic for not making AT guns deploy automatically like they used to do, if you only issue a move order :D )
Hat
6 Nov 2015, 01:37 AM

Its probably a glitch but infantry manning AT guns probably should retreat when hit with the prop arty.
6 Nov 2015, 01:43 AM

if we are seeing this realistically also tank crew should abandon (for all factions)their tanks and retreat! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS