Login

russian armor

Game interface and lobby.

19 Apr 2013, 17:10 PM

Honestly I'm surprised there are no threads about this in here. CoH1 had one of the bests lobby's I've ever seen, only Wc3 and Broodwar lobby's would compare. Everything was so well organized and easy to find. Also, why no chat channels? WHY? Because of chat channels I made great friends in CoH1 and they just take them away? 2013, hello?
19 Apr 2013, 17:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

The fact that there are no chat channels make me feel like I'm in a console game lobby :(
20 Apr 2013, 02:27 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I hope this stuff is just missing for the beta. Otherwise this is worse than Starcraft. Stacraft one.
Joe
20 Apr 2013, 04:09 AM

Even starcraft received an update for battle.net that gave them chat channels. Games that have no chat feel like they are lacking community. Even if CoH chat was mostly dribble, its still nice to have.
20 Apr 2013, 05:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2013, 04:09 AMJoe
Even starcraft received an update for battle.net that gave them chat channels. Games that have no chat feel like they are lacking community. Even if CoH chat was mostly dribble, its still nice to have.

coh2.org steam group has a chat room area just for stuff like this. (all clans do.)
Joe
20 Apr 2013, 06:43 AM

In reference to public chat. There are always different groups congregating, but the public chat brings them all together and gives people a place to talk shit.
20 Apr 2013, 08:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

This is the beta, the final game will have chat rooms :)

And for the future, this is the beta, there are only few features compared to the retail game, which should get basically all the 2013 features we expect from an RTS.
20 Apr 2013, 15:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This is the beta, the final game will have chat rooms :)

And for the future, this is the beta, there are only few features compared to the retail game, which should get basically all the 2013 features we expect from an RTS.

Except for spectating, rewinding replays, a replay UI that shows the resources of both players simultaneously, or the ability to watch a replay with multiple people.
20 Apr 2013, 16:28 PM

Except for spectating, rewinding replays, a replay UI that shows the resources of both players simultaneously, or the ability to watch a replay with multiple people.

He chose his words wisely, as he didn't mention by when we should expect them...
Moreover, Relic has made it rather clear that they intend to improve the replay system post-release.
21 Apr 2013, 00:05 AM

With the customizable setups and different doctrinal commanders I really feel a need for having better info in the setup screen. What is this "Stuka CAS" ability supposed to be good at, anti-tank or anti-infantry?
Likewise I would like to have unit cost listed in the customizer for each doctrinal unit. Also if it replaces another unit it should show difference if any.
And what does this ability cost in munitions? Is it something I can rely on often or not as often?
21 Apr 2013, 08:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Rewinding replays is something they are still looking into, as well as watching replays with multiple people.

But I can confirm that spectating and replay UI with multiple features inside (like SC2 replay system) will come.
21 Apr 2013, 08:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

That's some good news Marcus :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment