Login

russian armor

WTH with TM balance and optimization?

19 Apr 2013, 11:46 AM

So I got my beta key 2 days ago, but played only 2 games. Well, Iam not big CoH 1
vet(maybe around 100h online), because i think that Relic games sux at multiplayer because of ridiculous MM. What do I mean by that? Well, at vCoH people were matching up by stats. It ended up like one team was 80% victories and other 40% and it took forever to match balanced match. At CoH2 is even worst! 10 matches attended 2 played, 6 kicked because of long loading and 2 left by my self. 80% of a time i was at teams with avr lvl 1-5 and opposit 10-17. I mean WTF? Srsly, roling lvl 1 vs 20?

Sec thing. Optimization. I have decent 4 core cpu, 4gb of ram, hd5850 OC graphics card and playing at 1280x1024. At game fraps shows me around 80 fps on start of the match, but 60% time i get kicked, because of loading screen, i cant even go back to desktop, because it takes forever. Srsly, what eats those 4gb of ram? Those 100x100 textures? Even Battlefield 3 with sharp textures taking 4gb of ram dont slow down my pc, i can minimalize it with no loadings and wait times, getting decent fps with high lvl of detail and sharp textures.
How i have to test it when its unplayable due those 2 reasons and huge lack of balance?

This game should be released at 2014 or further, not in two months!
19 Apr 2013, 11:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Remember that this is a beta and it's far from being optimized as the retail game will be. Also I heard that AMD cards are having issues with their drivers (I do have an HD6950 and no issue at all tho)
19 Apr 2013, 11:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

emotional reaction no using logic or reason at all. (aka childish rant.)

THIS IS A BETA NOT THE FINAL RELEASE.
19 Apr 2013, 11:53 AM

Remember that this is a beta and it's far from being optimized as the retail game will be. Also I heard that AMD cards are having issues with their drivers (I do have an HD6950 and no issue at all tho)

Its not about frames optimization, but hige ram eating which makes this game frozing during loading or minimization. Seems like they didnt learned anything about optimizing this same old engine from cCoH which still is highly resource eating thing. Look at World in Conflict for example. This game has a lot sharper textures, a lot more graphics detail and eats half of resorces which CoH eat

@UP. U srsly believe at beta word? This days beta means final version without some little balance tweaks. Dont expecting any huge changes during that 2 months to release date. Specialy when Relic had some serious financial problems and sega seem not putting a lot of atenction to their game.
19 Apr 2013, 11:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Between the alpha and the beta there were huge changes tbh, especially in the game optimization.
19 Apr 2013, 12:01 PM

Between the alpha and the beta there were huge changes tbh, especially in the game optimization.

But still not optimized. Without 8gb of ram this game is unplayable. Still MM making it worthless to test.

EDIT: Great, next imba match make and kick due of long loading:E. Love this game already. I dont know wtf is wrong with community of coh games. Cant they wait one more minute for me to load stuff up? Have to kick? Same as at vCoH- easy win for all costs! My team all WR 70-90%, opposite 20-40% and when someone lag all vote kick, easy kill! Yeah. Jesus... .

Also how many ppl testing this beta? 5? Searching any game takes AGES. So much ppl lost interest to the CoH2? Seems like... I know its CLOSED Beta but since 2 days anyone cant join in by liking facebook... .

Lol, next match, loading took not much time but in game due of maximizing the game it took couple of sec, after that got info of kick. Srsly, people playing coh are retard or codish kids, lol. I didnt found such a behavior in any rts game. Starting from C&C on Men of War ending(and at this game loadings were much longer, but people didnt kick another, because knew rest of the opposit team leave and you start to search for a new team for the next hour). You see this is what i was talking about. Now is 14:31, since 1 hour trying play single match but cant due of retards, MM and sick ram consumption of this game. Same was at vCoH. Thats the reason this game never was and will be popular on streams and at Esport world. Multiplayer game needs to be optimized and have decent MM like at Starcraft 2!
19 Apr 2013, 12:41 PM

It have taken me a maximum of 5 minutes to get a game each time. I'm playing with 6 gig RAM and the game is working without being optimized.

If you load for a long while then you're probably gonna lag. If you cant keep your rig up to speed then that is your issue; they aren't playing the game to sit there and lag a 30 min game out to 50, that's not something that you have to do to be "nice".
19 Apr 2013, 12:47 PM

i think the game is a bit of a resource eater but as the game is in beta its ok for now, i have never had problems with loading screens or when minimizing windows. my pc is a quadcore amd, 8gb ram, radeon 6850 gpu. its working fine here. as for the MM balance, maybe its due to the lack of player database? i noticed it too.
19 Apr 2013, 12:55 PM

It have taken me a maximum of 5 minutes to get a game each time. I'm playing with 6 gig RAM and the game is working without being optimized.

If you load for a long while then you're probably gonna lag. If you cant keep your rig up to speed then that is your issue; they aren't playing the game to sit there and lag a 30 min game out to 50, that's not something that you have to do to be "nice".

I told before, i get 80 fps at start, when whole game loads up at maximum settings. First 3v3 i played i got no single lag same as my team due of my or anybody performance. Just loading is long, because, dont know why-again ugly textures, it takes over 4gb of ram to laod stuff.

UP: I get no lag, because you have 8gb of ram. HD5850 is at performance of HD 6870 and its OC version with extra 10% perf boost due of regular hd5850. And i play only 1280x1024 on 19' screen.
19 Apr 2013, 14:14 PM

^Since I first launched the game two annoying notepad+++ files have been popping up in my process list that is fucking up the performance for me. I'd suggest you check to see if these pop up for you too. Might be a quick fix. :)
19 Apr 2013, 14:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This is why lots of companies don't do betas. People play the game and it's buggy on their computer (because it's not optimized completely yet) and then they think the game itself is bad.
19 Apr 2013, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2013, 12:55 PMGazi

I told before, i get 80 fps at start, when whole game loads up at maximum settings. First 3v3 i played i got no single lag same as my team due of my or anybody performance. Just loading is long, because, dont know why-again ugly textures, it takes over 4gb of ram to laod stuff.

UP: I get no lag, because you have 8gb of ram. HD5850 is at performance of HD 6870 and its OC version with extra 10% perf boost due of regular hd5850. And i play only 1280x1024 on 19' screen.

as people have said it is beta and from what i ve heard they have already done lots of changes some of which will not make it to the beta , perhaps they are optimisation changes , other than that i am no expert by any means but what if you lowered you r settings ? Maybe that could help getting better performance , i remember in coh when there were in game notifications that some other players settings are too high and are lagging the game and it was a frustrating experience . Also what is your timeline ?? Maybe when your playing there are just not enough players and thats why the mm is bad for you .
19 Apr 2013, 18:51 PM

Alpha was unplayable for me on lowest settings on my desktop. Beta is playable though a bit laggy on lowest settings for my laptop. The power difference between them is pretty big, so I take beta as a big improvement.
21 Apr 2013, 15:53 PM

Alpha was unplayable for me on lowest settings on my desktop. Beta is playable though a bit laggy on lowest settings for my laptop. The power difference between them is pretty big, so I take beta as a big improvement.

whats yr laptop specs ?
21 Apr 2013, 16:06 PM

Optimization currently is poor, and with release only 2 months away and no improvements from what I can tell in the past 3 weeks, I wouldn't get any hopes up.
21 Apr 2013, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2013, 15:53 PMkafrion

whats yr laptop specs ?

I'm in the same situation: the alpha was unplayable, but the beta runs fine on min settings (60fps at the start and 40fps towards the end).

My laptop specs:

i7 2670QM @2.2GHz
6gb ddr3 ram
hd6770m
22 Apr 2013, 04:04 AM

Optimization currently is poor, and with release only 2 months away and no improvements from what I can tell in the past 3 weeks, I wouldn't get any hopes up.

They withold a lot of major changes BECAUSE of the beta. Quinn specifically stated they are going for stable fixes only, but for all you and I know, they have tons of builds every single week at Relic HQ.
Joe
22 Apr 2013, 05:28 AM

Is your sound quality on low?

I think there is something messed up with the higher sound qualities. If I set mine to medium it takes forever to load and I get kicked. There is also a problem alt+tabbing during the game so don't do that either.

Calm down and play some 1v1 until they fix it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Korea, Republic Of 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment