not surprised really, still im sad...
8 Feb 2014, 19:42 PM
Donator 11

Yeah im not angry at ami, im mostly dissapointed at him :(
8 Feb 2014, 19:45 PM

^ He sounds like hes done, I doubt he cares
8 Feb 2014, 19:45 PM
Patrion 14

I was also bummed about SNF5. The finals were not very good games to watch. Yeah. He seems done. I like the game, the site and SNF. We will see what happens in time, but hope this site will live on, its a great place for the community really. Cant bother with the official forums tbh.
8 Feb 2014, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

Yeah im not angry at ami, im mostly dissapointed at him :(

Dissapointed? He is totally fucking right!
8 Feb 2014, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

Dissapointed? He is totally fucking right!

Well i agree with most of the things he said on the video, but some of the things he said on that video made it look like he doesnt care about coh2 and the community
8 Feb 2014, 20:15 PM
Patrion 14

Well, I know alot of players and casters didnt like coh2 as much as coh1, its fine with me. Also, SNF up to SNF5 was with a game that had alot of years played and invested in it. CoH2 is a new game with a new features and new problems. Im fine with ppl not having patience with the game. I have alot of fun playing, alot more than I had in the first game frankly.

That said, I still find it sad that more or less all of the lead-staff on this site dont enjoy this game. I want the site to live on since its a great place to read up on stuff and find ppl to play with. No one has said it will go down (yet) but who knows. But as he said in the video. Going from 3 men down to a 1 man show... its hard...

Also bashing relic is also kind of interesting, I dont know how this will impact anything. But from what I have seen from relic is still pretty solid support compared to many other games. Still alot of features that were promised are not in, and alot of stuff that casters and tourney ppl want isnt there. Sadly, its easy to be an outsider and shouting about this and that and not knowing anything about their budget, projects, plans or whatnot.

As a comparison though, the EVE online community raged a couple of years ago about a patch and things went quite sour. The company then invited the in-game council (player elected players who represent the community) to the ccp HQ in Reykjavik and had them there for a couple of days. They went through what the community asked for and what their own plans for the game were. There were discussions and ccp actually backed in some regards, and started working with the community more actively to improve the game, writing about the shift in directions in newsletters, and proof came in later patches. This community is very divided though, im not sure its as "easy" to do the same thing here.

Edit: Sorry for wall of text...
8 Feb 2014, 20:43 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I feel how I feel. I'm not gonna pull punches when I'm having a chat w my buddy. I didn't know the VOD would be posted but c'est la vie. Don't think I don't care about COH2 and this community... ofc I do. I've invested the last year and a half of my life in supporting it and trying to grow it. I'm just disappointed because we're nowhere near where we hoped to be when we began this project. All you have to do is look at the viewer numbers.
8 Feb 2014, 20:47 PM

Yes sure, Ami, but this:

"What if Sega paid us even more money next season would u do it?"

Really?
8 Feb 2014, 20:50 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

"even more money" is relative. Basically what I'm saying is that we can not afford to do another Season at what we were paid. It was far too many hours of work for far too little money. We hoped that revenues from the website, twitch, and youtube would fill in the gap, but the viewer numbers just aren't there. Financially, coh2.org and SNF has not been a profitable venture, not even close. We can't continue to do it if it's not sustainable.
8 Feb 2014, 20:53 PM
Donator 11

All in all, I had a few good laughs listening to your chat Ami, my favourite parts would be:

"he would be lucky if he gets it before 2015" (Ami talking about Barton's chances for recieving his laptop any time soon)
"Did you know that Barton doesn't have home address, cause he lives in some fucking cottage?"
8 Feb 2014, 20:53 PM

"Yeah they are a shitty little company." (about Relic) I doubt anymore money or support for SNF from that "shitty little company"
8 Feb 2014, 20:55 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I don't really feel that way. I echoed the sentiment in frustration.
8 Feb 2014, 21:00 PM

Man Ami if I were you I'd quickly give Yoink a call to do some damage control (aka removing the vod) LOL.

Poor Barton btw, he really didnt deserve this.
8 Feb 2014, 21:03 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Why? I'm not ashamed of anything and we've been pretty transparent from the start. And I've said all that shit to Barton's face (we troll each other, if you haven't noticed).
8 Feb 2014, 21:04 PM

So you agree with Yoink that all the other casters for COH are shit?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 759
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W