Login

russian armor

Playing COH2 with 4K Resolution [Nvidia GPU's ONLY]

5 Feb 2015, 22:46 PM

If im not mistaken they removed the 200% game resolution option.

Yes, but only in game check button, just switch
File:

configuration_system.lua

"setting = "worldviewquality",
value = 4,
"

so the game runs in200 % game resolution!

u r welcome! :)

29 Apr 2015, 19:46 PM

Any news about when Relic gonna fix the 4K UI ?
30 Apr 2015, 06:45 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 19:46 PMxeno
Any news about when Relic gonna fix the 4K UI ?

never? the closest they've come to recognizing it as an issue (that i know of) is when duffy said it would be a nice change to make and he would pass on the suggestion to the engineers.
1 May 2015, 14:45 PM

CoH2 in 4k with decent FPS…. Yeah, that won't be happening any time soon!

The only real hope we have is CoH3 with a NEW, working, optimised engine. But the likelihood of Relic listening and doing that, based on the statistics, is astronomically unlikely.
1 May 2015, 15:02 PM
Patrion 28

honestly, i don't really get what the issue is with the engine but i'm guess it's (and seem to remember something about) cold-tech(tm). dow2 was demanding but didn't have these kinds of issues.
1 May 2015, 20:11 PM

Nuclear, I've mentioned it in a number of other threads, but basically -

- it runs like a pig. Highly unoptimised. Takes far too many resources.
- doesn't support things like SLI, so you can't even throw more GPU power at the problem to counter it.
- doesn't support many mechanics the game needs. Example - facing MGs in buildings. And I can think of atleast a dozen more.
- as you mentioned, cold tech and weather as a whole causes issues. Cool features, bad implementation.
- likely doesn't allow relic to improve things like the UI without risking major performance issues.
- far too many bug splats, memory leaks etc etc

This kind of stuff probably exists because relic either don't have the resources or effort to do it properly or they are too blind to see it affects a very large portion of their player base and don't allocate their resources appropriately.
1 May 2015, 20:44 PM
Patrion 28

Nuclear, I've mentioned it in a number of other threads, but basically -

- it runs like a pig. Highly unoptimised. Takes far too many resources.
- doesn't support things like SLI, so you can't even throw more GPU power at the problem to counter it.
- doesn't support many mechanics the game needs. Example - facing MGs in buildings. And I can think of atleast a dozen more.
- as you mentioned, cold tech and weather as a whole causes issues. Cool features, bad implementation.
- likely doesn't allow relic to improve things like the UI without risking major performance issues.
- far too many bug splats, memory leaks etc etc

This kind of stuff probably exists because relic either don't have the resources or effort to do it properly or they are too blind to see it affects a very large portion of their player base and don't allocate their resources appropriately.

no, i get that. what i'm saying is i don't have a clue what relic added since dow2 to make it so bad.
1 May 2015, 20:50 PM

The problem isn't what they added, because they probably didn't change that much. The problem is, CoH2 is a much more demanding game, and they didn't rework the engine well enough to do what it's supposed to be doing. Performance should be great - from a technical perspective, there is no reason it can't be.
1 May 2015, 20:59 PM
Patrion 28

The problem isn't what they added, because they probably didn't change that much. The problem is, CoH2 is a much more demanding game, and they didn't rework the engine well enough to do what it's supposed to be doing. Performance should be great - from a technical perspective, there is no reason it can't be.

entirely possible; i don't have enough knowledge to know. i'm pretty sure dow2 supported SLI though
1 May 2015, 21:04 PM

I should have bid to buy relic when it was auctioned. The owner being a CoH2 player would likely improve the situation quickly ;-)

Haha.
1 May 2015, 21:54 PM
1 May 2015, 22:17 PM

I wish we could *like* posts :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 17
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias