Login

russian armor

How to counter Kubel

21 Oct 2014, 11:32 AM

How do you guys counter the early kubel.

I've tried:

• Swarming it with conscripts from 3 directions. Failed. RNG made so many shots fail to penetrate its armour
  • Getting an M3. Failed. Just drove into its base covered by flak guns
  • Maxim. Failed. Failed. RNG trolled.
  • Rushing for a ZiS-3. Failed. First shot missed and the game's up
  • Getting early AT grenade. Failed. Can't even get near it.
  • Cap the other side of the map. Failed. He just drives over.

So what do you guys do to fight the kubel? It's baffling me.
21 Oct 2014, 12:00 PM

Now try and do that without an early m3, AT nades or mg?
Thats the USF right now, its crazy.

USF have no way to deal with this beast within the 5 min mark, by which point, if the player using it is good, he will have both fuel points and 70-80% of the map. Happened to me on Crossing in the Woods today.
You can only kill it if it is poorly handled or your opponents micro dissipates for 5 seconds.

So frustrating. Ciez said the Kubel should be doctrinal and MG34 in tier 1. I think he is correct
21 Oct 2014, 12:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 11:32 AMsteel

Swarming it with conscripts from 3 directions. Failed. RNG made so many shots fail to penetrate its armour

Conscripts "spam" is not a good way against OKW.You cant fight against Kubel, Sturmpios and Volks early game.

Getting an M3. Failed. Just drove into its base covered by flak guns

If you can not beat a Kubelwagen with a M3, you should improve ur micro, because "It is just horrible". You have chances to destoy it until Volksgranadiers get Shrecks (Min 06:00)

Maxim. Failed. Failed. RNG trolled.

Maxims are very good ( bug retreat >:( ) against OKW first 10 minutes. Maxims do much damage against Kubelwagen.

Rushing for a ZiS-3. Failed. First shot missed and the game's up

Dont rush for a AT to kill a Kubelwagen. Try to improve ur M3 micro or your maxims micro.

Getting early AT grenade. Failed. Can't even get near it.

This can be a solution versus a casual player, but when you are playing versus a decent player can detect that you have AT grenades ready.

Cap the other side of the map. Failed. He just drives over.

It depends the map that you are playing. As i said before, M3 cant kill a Kubelwagen early game.

It seems that just play with Soviets. If you have problems with Soviets, dont try Americans because it can give you a heart attack in maps like Langreskaya,Cross (North Position.)

21 Oct 2014, 12:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Jesulin, can you give some tips on countering Kubel as USF?

inb4 "Play Soviets" :snfBarton:
21 Oct 2014, 12:39 PM

The counters have been mentioned in the first post. 2 AT nades kill a kubel but against good micro you need to flank it. It 'typically' has to be stationary to pin you ... OOOHHHRRRAAA is your friend ... watch your munitions.
Scout car kills it 1v1 ... kills it quicker with a flame eng or penal in it.
If you are up against 2 or more kubels .... good luck.
My best was taking out 3 kubels at once with conscripts, oohraa, and at nades with a shock troop coming in ... amazing how fast a shock troop takes them out IF you can get one point blank.
Mortars work as well once they are stationary.
21 Oct 2014, 12:59 PM

Actually I have less trouble using USF playing against kubel. It's Soviets against Kubel I'm having serious trouble with.
21 Oct 2014, 13:01 PM

How do you guys counter the early kubel.

I've tried:

• Swarming it with conscripts from 3 directions. Failed. RNG made so many shots fail to penetrate its armour
  • Getting an M3. Failed. Just drove into its base covered by flak guns
  • Maxim. Failed. Failed. RNG trolled.
  • Rushing for a ZiS-3. Failed. First shot missed and the game's up
  • Getting early AT grenade. Failed. Can't even get near it.
  • Cap the other side of the map. Failed. He just drives over.

M3, hands down. If you've driven the kubel back to its base, then you've effectively negated it. Otherwise, it's dead.

I used to detest kubels, now I can handle them without too much trouble with the M3. The trick is keeping your micro tight while other enemy infantry units are also thrown in the mix. I always have my hand on the reverse hot key when using any vehicle, but especially the M3.

Also, I prefer not to put an infantry unit in the M3 early in the game. Having dismounted infantry around the M3 helps provide it cover as it retreats or gives chase, and discourages enemies from focus firing on it.

My biggest problem with this approach however is that it locks me into a T1 build. Expert players know how to quickly counter it.
21 Oct 2014, 13:05 PM
Patrion 14

^If your opponent keeps his Sturm pios close to the Kubel it becomes pretty tough to kill it though.

Never had much of a problem with Kubels as USF. Just rush an M20. Haven't played that much since the OP Kubel patch though, so I may have just been lucky.
22 Oct 2014, 09:27 AM
Donator 11

Jesulin, can you give some tips on countering Kubel as USF?
inb4 "Play Soviets" :snfBarton:

At the moment I think there is no solution. With the new beta, increasing the size of the Kubelwagen and Jeep 0CP (doctrinal unit) may be a solution.
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 12:59 PMsteel
Actually I have less trouble using USF playing against kubel. It's Soviets against Kubel I'm having serious trouble with.

I'm happy for you. Most USF players have problems first minutes versus a Kubelwagen, there is no way, riflemen, engis or re is not a good way to deal against it versus a decent/good player.

22 Oct 2014, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 09:27 AMjesulin

At the moment I think there is no solution. With the new beta, increasing the size of the Kubelwagen and Jeep 0CP (doctrinal unit) may be a solution.

I'm happy for you. Most USF players have problems first minutes versus a Kubelwagen, there is no way, riflemen, engis or re is not a good way to deal against it versus a decent/good player.

So you recommend M3A1 scout car. I'll give it a few more tries.
22 Oct 2014, 11:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Since the Kubelwagen/Sturmpioneer opening is a sort of all-in, the OKW player has to sacrifice map control early on. I would suggest to split your units as much as possible and try to out-cap your opponent even on non-obvious capping paths. (for example if you start on north Langreskaya I suggest you to split units capping left and right and not focusing on your cutoff till you have enough forces to collapse there from multiple angles)

After the first few minutes things will get way better especially if you get an M20 or if you rush Captain as Americans. Just tried it in the Beta and it works pretty well since bars are quite good now and they compensate for the lack of anti-infantry units in the form of lt/M20/cal.50hmg :)

For Soviets instead you can give a look here (if you don't want to play with the M3A1):

22 Oct 2014, 11:47 AM

Well, now with the jeep at 0CP, looks like USF will atleast have the option to go for mechanized company and hardcounter the kubel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★