Login

russian armor

Are we not going to talk about AA pricing?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
17 Oct 2014, 16:11 PM

$40 USD is high (about twice what I was expecting) but I wanted the additional play through options and deemed it worthwhile. For me. I'll be recommending anyone I know that has the game wait for sale pricing.
17 Oct 2014, 16:25 PM
Patrion 14

Cynthia is being quite bullish about the price over on the official forums, because this is 'bigger than the original campaign.'

Lulz

I think defending the indefensible is unwise and slightly insulting to your customers. Keep a dignified silence and we'll all blame Sega instead.
17 Oct 2014, 16:42 PM
Benefactor 115

I wouldn't get too angry at Cynthia or Noun over the price. Their job is to tow the party line so to speak and play damage control for the perplexing decisions the studio's upper management takes at times.

If anything write a constructive email to Justin Dowdeswell who is the Studio General Manager.
17 Oct 2014, 16:57 PM

40 dollars, but GUYS YOU GET RANGERS IN SINGLEPLAYER. In b4 you have to pay to unlock them in a multiplayer commander.
17 Oct 2014, 17:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Cynthia is being quite bullish about the price over on the official forums, because this is 'bigger than the original campaign.'

Lulz

I think defending the indefensible is unwise and slightly insulting to your customers. Keep a dignified silence and we'll all blame Sega instead.

So she's doing her job?

You seriously want someone to "Keep dignified silence" when every other thread is about how relic don't communicate?

17 Oct 2014, 17:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 16:57 PMRogers
40 dollars, but GUYS YOU GET RANGERS IN SINGLEPLAYER. In b4 you have to pay to unlock them in a multiplayer commander.

THEY BETTER NOT
17 Oct 2014, 17:20 PM

With basically no information regarding it, and only one picture of the campaign map, why do they think people will pre-order? I suppose a few diehards will, but I can't imagine that many will.

i dont think youre familiar with pre-ordering. pre-ordering games is big business. its all about a trailer, no game info. then offering a minor in game bonus for pre-ordering. Its a HUGE thing right now. very few games dont make use of this.
17 Oct 2014, 17:24 PM
Patrion 14

It's very unusual for me to wait for a release like this to go to sales. But I'm so pissed off with the price thing I'll pick it up for pennies in the spring sale.
17 Oct 2014, 17:25 PM
Patrion 14

So she's doing her job?

You seriously want someone to "Keep dignified silence" when every other thread is about how relic don't communicate?

I'm not the person who in every other thread gets overly bothered by Relic's silence. I do wonder wtf their community managers actually do all day, but not so much that I'm losing sleep over it.
17 Oct 2014, 18:50 PM

I feel like there has to be something that we're missing here. Maybe it comes bundled with some MP content like commanders or something? Maybe the campaign is hugely long?

Either way, I have zero interest in a single player campaign for a game such as this, I wouldn't have bought it at any price most likely, but I feel even people who were somewhat interested won't drop money on this.

If it was ardennes + four or five Commanders (2 for US, 2 for OKW or something, with a new unit for each faction) I could see this being much more palatable, especially to this forum. Especially since buying the commanders seperate would be about $20 alone usually.
17 Oct 2014, 19:03 PM

$19.99 USD sounds reasonable, but $40.00 for a single player most everyone doesn't play?
17 Oct 2014, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 18:50 PMMadeMan
I feel like there has to be something that we're missing here. Maybe it comes bundled with some MP content like commanders or something? Maybe the campaign is hugely long?

Nope, it's just Singleplayer content. You're paying for "replayability" :snfQuinn:
17 Oct 2014, 19:07 PM

I don't have stats for this, but I believe that most players of any game that includes single player and multiplayer modes (more than 50%) will never even try the multiplayer.

I agree that $40 seems excessive for this content, but it doesn't make sense to say "most everyone" eschews single player.
17 Oct 2014, 19:09 PM

$19.99 USD sounds reasonable, but $40.00 for a single player most everyone doesn't play?

How do you know only a minority play singleplayer?
17 Oct 2014, 19:11 PM

I don't have stats for this, but I believe that most players of any game that includes single player and multiplayer modes (more than 50%) will never even try the multiplayer.

I agree that $40 seems excessive for this content, but it doesn't make sense to say "most everyone" eschews single player.

I've heard similar stats, and I don't doubt them. But at the same time, people who bought CoH2 for the single player campaign probably did so over a year ago. Are they really going to be keen to buy this now? Or have they moved onto another single player game?

I just personally feel this is almost too little too late for that crowd.

Then again, maybe there are a lot of people getting into the game on the sales and free weekends recently and might want to get more? Even so, if they were a customer who bought the game recently they probably bought it for a tenner or something, not sure they'd enjoy it so much they will drop $40 for more content...
17 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please,when posting,remember there is a difference between SP and MP. kk? (And I fully accept that most, if not all of you, tend to MP :) )

But we are currently on a Steam free weekend, so I am going to suggest to y'all that you tone down until Monday, please? You have made your points. And if you left it too late,too bad

Now we have to show off the board. :)

17 Oct 2014, 20:01 PM

I'm mostly excited about the incomparable shit storm that will follow when we will find out that you get commanders and units you can only get by buying this campaign. It will be nothing like we've seen before, the Windustry and Tiger Ace shit storm won't even come close.

I really don't see how they expect anyone to buy this overpriced pile of manure otherwise.
17 Oct 2014, 20:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If only some selfless person had provided some stats on this subject:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/25574/game-mode-stats
17 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

If anyone is willing to create another steam account or use proxy. AA costs $30 on the brazilian steam.
17 Oct 2014, 21:29 PM

Yeah.. I might have bought it at something reasonable like 20-25 euros but 40? Ah haha I think not. If I buy it it will be when it's on sale.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS