Login

russian armor

Angermuende Tactics?

16 Oct 2014, 19:34 PM

I find this map quite hard any tips?
16 Oct 2014, 19:36 PM

don't play it.
16 Oct 2014, 19:37 PM

Yes. If you got problems don't play that map than.
16 Oct 2014, 22:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Which faction are you talking about?
17 Oct 2014, 02:28 AM

Here's a tip; fill every building with MGs. Then back them up with mortars. GG. ...seriously, this map is pretty formulaic. If you plant Mgs in the building in the middle of the map, then another one in the building overlooking the right side VP, then another overlooking the left-side VP, you're more than halfway there.
17 Oct 2014, 02:30 AM

Oh, and as with any urban map, mine the shit out of it ! :)
17 Oct 2014, 04:30 AM
Patrion 14

rifleman + smoke grenades earl game
nee
17 Oct 2014, 11:41 AM

It's design more or less demands good teamwork, as it IS a large map for 6-8 players.

Whatever tactics you use in this map, it's going to require teamwork to succeed. Blocking off side routes, mining roads and so forth only goes so far if you're the only one doing it.

Is there a specific pattern you find in why you find it hard?
17 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

I find that if you start at the bottom, go for middle and left hand point. The middle is typically where the hammer falls hardest, but as with any classical game of strategy, controlling the corners and sides of a map will usually net good results. Only go up the right side as far as the muni point, and don't waste too much effort pushing there until late game if everything else is under control. I find urban maps grant you a certain degree of fluidity in your tactics; you can hop fences, go into buildings, etc...and there's lots of shot-blocking stuff around, so infantry can make good use of that. That goes both ways. So, unfortunately, if your whole team isnt on the same page and communicating, there's a chacne the enemy can punch through somewhere, and then flow around you , using all the stuff I described. Mines can help mitigate some of that by slowing any flank, buying you time to re-allocate troops, re-direct MGs, etc...
17 Oct 2014, 13:03 PM

Something else that you need to consider, and which applies to any map, is this : don't waste time and resources over-extending yourself. I know this seems basic, but I've played lots of games where your allies get tunnel vision, and keep attacking the same point over and over, or they go for a point that is much closer to the enemy base than ours; thus allowing the enemy to set up significant defenses before you even get there *cough*city 17. Be reasonable with your plan. I undertsand that cutting the enemy off, or taking their fuel is important, but don't make it a suicide mission.
18 Oct 2014, 13:36 PM

Thanks for you responses :)
18 Oct 2014, 13:49 PM

Its called... STG44 IR Obers
18 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM

Something else that you need to consider, and which applies to any map, is this : don't waste time and resources over-extending yourself. I know this seems basic, but I've played lots of games where your allies get tunnel vision, and keep attacking the same point over and over, or they go for a point that is much closer to the enemy base than ours; thus allowing the enemy to set up significant defenses before you even get there *cough*city 17. Be reasonable with your plan. I undertsand that cutting the enemy off, or taking their fuel is important, but don't make it a suicide mission.
I think thats my main problem thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS