Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
AKJ
31 Mar 2016, 09:11 AM

Finally got two commanders for OKW, but it's the same one... damn this system :-D
31 Mar 2016, 14:17 PM

How are you guys getting it to work? I am putting the file where he said it needs to be put in your folders and i still dont see it on victory condition?
1 Apr 2016, 18:36 PM
1 Apr 2016, 18:38 PM

ggwp lelic
nee
2 Apr 2016, 14:35 PM

Seems like the most work they did was just make sure it's monetized to hell rather than, say, actually addressing the problems the system, gave players.

But I suppose it's only expected that Relic looks after SEGA's wallet more than player experience.
2 Apr 2016, 16:16 PM

Expected official word on the matter.
2 Apr 2016, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2016, 18:36 PMNeris
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241045/farming-warspoils

RIP

More or less what I expected. "Kyle_RE" doesn't have a reasoned argument for or against anything. He's just there as a mindless mouthpiece.
2 Apr 2016, 17:34 PM

SO you guys are still farming?
2 Apr 2016, 19:58 PM

no
3 Apr 2016, 00:18 AM

At least I'm not. Nothing more to farm really :hansRNG:
3 Apr 2016, 10:21 AM

Are ye clicking outside the game window after starting the script? That messes it up for me sometimes exactly as you've described. Best to just start the script at the setup screen, let it launch the match, and then walk away.

Ive tried what you told me but Its still not working. I dont know what happens but in the past Its worked perfectly. Sometimes when I return to the computer to see to check how Its going, when I move the mouse, the script, which wasnt working because the screen is stopped in the final window of the match, continuos working.

Sorry for my english, sometimes is really bad :S . I hope someone can understand me ahaha

PD: After thats words, I just saw about the relic advert about the farm :rofl:
3 Apr 2016, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 00:18 AMSober
At least I'm not. Nothing more to farm really :hansRNG:

I just want 1 more commanders, WHy ohh why have you forsaken me :hansRNG:
3 Apr 2016, 13:06 PM

I keep my old course. Up until they made it impossible to use this system.

The brought up points in the presented link regarding the right or wrongs of farming covered the whole stance I have for Relics monetarization attempt. Most fitting was one comment:

"The programmers have the ability to adjust the war spoils system so it will nullify the script/mod, not the players. Instead Relic elects to threaten the community (who really are just trying to unlock the game content) with potential bans rather than just fixing the problem."

So who do they target with those threats? The die hard fans that likely already have farmed to such an extend that they are afraid of losing their significant amount of drops that already circumvented Relic's business model or those newer or casual gamers which likely aquired COH very cheap via Humble Bundle, Steam Sale etc. and don't care much about a ban but could be future potential customers, including for the Single Player DLC's? Relic's behavior to threaten it's community with bans just doesn't make sense.
3 Apr 2016, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 13:06 PMRetro
I keep my old course. Up until they made it impossible to use this system.

The brought up points in the presented link regarding the right or wrongs of farming covered the whole stance I have for Relics monetarization attempt. Most fitting was one comment:

"The programmers have the ability to adjust the war spoils system so it will nullify the script/mod, not the players. Instead Relic elects to threaten the community (who really are just trying to unlock the game content) with potential bans rather than just fixing the problem."

So who do they target with those threats? The die hard fans that likely already have farmed to such an extend that they are afraid of losing their significant amount of drops that already circumvented Relic's business model or those newer or casual gamers which likely aquired COH very cheap via Humble Bundle, Steam Sale etc. and don't care much about a ban? Relic's behavior to threaten it's community with bans just doesn't make sense.

You don't even know what's coming with the warspoils patch, and you already whine. It was obvious that Relic would forbid farming when they are releasing a new warspoils system. They told so in the alpha, and now it is official. Farm at your own risk.
3 Apr 2016, 13:39 PM

I just want 1 more commanders, WHy ohh why have you forsaken me :hansRNG:

Same here bro, the Land Mattress commander is still out of my reach.
3 Apr 2016, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 10:21 AMJuancc

Ive tried what you told me but Its still not working. I dont know what happens but in the past Its worked perfectly. Sometimes when I return to the computer to see to check how Its going, when I move the mouse, the script, which wasnt working because the screen is stopped in the final window of the match, continuos working.

Sorry for my english, sometimes is really bad :S . I hope someone can understand me ahaha

PD: After thats words, I just saw about the relic advert about the farm :rofl:

I have the same problem. :help::*(
3 Apr 2016, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 13:25 PMSlaYoU

You don't even know what's coming with the warspoils patch, and you already whine. It was obvious that Relic would forbid farming when they are releasing a new warspoils system. They told so in the alpha, and now it is official. Farm at your own risk.

I don't "whine" about the future I voiced my discontent about Relic's decisions in the past and present regarding their critically appraised monetarization and also recent ban-threat decisions.

You and me don't know what Relic has in store for us with the new warspoils system but according to Relic's past decisions and especially it's most recent one there's unfortunately no indication to believe that suddenly everything get's better for the playerbase. They made clear in that linked thread that their financial interests are what concerns them the most, not the support or animosity of their customers.

We'll see what the future warspoil system will hold in store for us but suddenly, after years, making ban threats shortly before their new warspoil system will be implemented instead of creating the system in such a way that it prevents farming in the first place and without any sabre rattling appears of questionable wisdom.
3 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM

Imagine if Kyle_RE would track us down from our posts in here. Delete the whole topic please. GG.
3 Apr 2016, 19:37 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 10:21 AMJuancc

Sometimes when I return to the computer to see to check how Its going, when I move the mouse, the script, which wasnt working because the screen is stopped in the final window of the match, continuos working.

hmm, dont know what is happening. have you disabled energy saving options?

SO you guys are still farming?

not now, but farming without mods and scripts is still possbile, i might go back to that

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 13:25 PMSlaYoU

You don't even know what's coming with the warspoils patch, and you already whine.

i have a pretty good idea of the things coming from leaks. trust me, its still grindy as fuck and wont really help to get you the last couple of commanders!

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:46 PMSober
Imagine if Kyle_RE would track us down from our posts in here. Delete the whole topic please. GG.

they wont dare to do that. i mean its no proof at all ^^

4 Apr 2016, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:46 PMSober

I don't know about anybody else, but my name here doesn't even remotely resemble my Steam name. Even if you're using the exact same name in both places, I really doubt that posting here is grounds for banning you in-game. It doesn't conclusively link any posts here to anything you do in CoH2.

If companies start banning game accounts on the basis of third-party forum posts, then everybody's screwed. It'd be a cakewalk to frame someone. Talk about griefers taking things to a whole new level....
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS