Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
25 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 14:19 PMRetro
The EULA is luckily irrelevant in my country anyway. So if Relic ever decides to take measures against farming, justified by breaking their EULA, I together with a lot of people could just sue them and we'd would easily win.

I rather think they take a Valve TF2 position on this one here. If it starts to hurt business they will attempt to create a drop system that makes farming not possible anymore but will never swing the ban hammer.

In any way a new drop system would be long overdue as the current one is just a brazen farce to the players if we're honest. 3 hours of gaming required in average for 1 drop is just way too long. Especially when I need an average of 5 drops (15h of gaming straight) to get something remotely interesting like a skin or victory strike and then again like ~50 drops/150h more to get a commander. That's just a DLC sale system in the disguise of having a realistic chance to get them via playing.

HF with your lawsuit ;) BTW what interesting country are you living in, that prevents you from respecting EULA of international softwares ? I'm really curious to know.
25 Mar 2016, 14:45 PM

Yeah drop should be more consistent like 1 commander after 5 hours gameplay (TF2 weapon drop rate is way more), some crafting system and farming will be redundant, tracking bot farming is bot time consuming and waste of money when more immediate concerns need to be addressed like optimization, bug fixing and balancing.

In case you don't know anything about the software industry, here is a little fact for you: optimization, bug fixing and balancing and ultimately, server side maintenance / overwatch for those kind of things are NOT done by the same people. You realize that they only need a "bot" themselves to detect your own, thus don't spend any amount of time to track you ? Whatever, same advise as Retro: have fun ;)
25 Mar 2016, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

Bad news

relic have stated that they will increase enforcement against players that farm and that they advise to stop farming. i dont know whether this applies to the script, or manual farming or only users of the alpha, but i will contact them now.
25 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 14:39 PMSlaYoU

HF with your lawsuit ;) BTW what interesting country are you living in, that prevents you from respecting EULA of international softwares ? I'm really curious to know.

Germany. Every EULA that wasn't presented and agreed to at or before the moment of purchase is null and void here. Which I think is a great system to prevent backdoor traps and industry arbitrariness.

Of course I don't actually plan to sue them if they don't take it over the top. It's just nice to know that you'll always have that opportunity ;)

Now germany doesn't have class actions but regarding how clear the law is about this topic and how big of a market germany is for Relic it would be very easy for tens of thousands of german customers to sue Relic even without a lawyer involved and the court would decide in their favor.

I doubt that Relic would risk something like that.
25 Mar 2016, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 15:23 PMRetro

Germany. Every EULA that wasn't presented and agreed to at or before the moment of purchase is null and void here. Which I think is a great system to prevent backdoor traps and industry arbitrariness.

Of course I don't actually plan to sue them if they don't take it over the top. It's just nice to know that you'll always have that opportunity ;)

Now germany doesn't have class actions but regarding how clear the law is about this topic and how big of a market germany is for Relic it would be very easy for tens of thousands of german customers to sue Relic even without a lawyer involved and the court would decide in their favor.

I doubt that Relic would risk something like that.

Good to know :)
25 Mar 2016, 15:40 PM

yeah pls lelic. do actions against me LELIC PLS
25 Mar 2016, 16:09 PM

... but i will contact them now.
I'm really curious what they will say.
25 Mar 2016, 17:52 PM

So am I. Is there a link to this statement?
26 Mar 2016, 09:38 AM

ib4 lelic fucks it up
27 Mar 2016, 11:34 AM

Any news? Btw where did you read that from relic?
27 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM
Donator 11

it was on the alpha forums, so cant link you to it^^
27 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

Then i don't think it's true. Why put out a warning a place where most people can't even see it?
27 Mar 2016, 17:48 PM

Personally it made me double my efforts to farm as many as possible ^^
27 Mar 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2016, 17:48 PMRetro
Personally it made me double my efforts to farm as many as possible ^^

Are you still farming now?
27 Mar 2016, 18:23 PM

I quit as soon as I read the newspost about Relic's statement. If there is even the slightest chance of being a bit of truth in it, I'd rather be on the safe side.

Before I never read or heard anything from Relic concerning this subject, so there was no problem for me. But now that's a bit different.
27 Mar 2016, 18:39 PM

At least if you get banned you don't have to worry about this cr*p war spoil system :D
27 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM

Are you still farming now?

I'm still waiting for the official reply scratchedpaintjob was talking about. Till that moment I still farm.

Compared to those here who possibly do it since 2014 I don't have to lose much anyway as someone who started with it only very recently. The talk about "if they take actions based on EULA they'll receive Flak from me" wasn't just a load of hot air either. If they should ban me/erase my inventory I would contact them to explain them the judicial situation in my country and if we don't find an agreement really consider judicial measures as I have a judicial insurance so it costs me nothing.
27 Mar 2016, 19:41 PM

Like i wrote earlier. I did not see this "warning" from Relic ANYWHERE. It was only posted for the people who have access to the alpha system.
27 Mar 2016, 20:03 PM

It would be interesting to know by which justification they want to punish this mechanic we use and which kind of farming they actually aim at.

Even for those players whose countries accept such EULA's there must be one paragraph in the EULA where it's noted explicit what is forbidden and what not and then it's questionable if using this mod is really cheating/farming according to those rules or whatever else they deemed as punishable. Because in my eyes we are within the boundaries of what the game offers us and I equally build units from time to time or let them cap. So it's a thin line and debateable if we're just "playing" with the natural intention of getting drops or actually "farming".

Otherwise they have to update the game and create a new EULA with an explicit formulation of what they regard as farming and why it's forbidden. Then people have to accept the changed EULA again and Relic can't punish people retroactively.

In any case I see no other option but the EULA on which they could base their punishment.

Relic so far made a reasonable impression on me so I'd rather assume they will just search for a new system that makes farming impossible without punishing players. Quite like TF2 did it, where dozens of duplicate accounts created a whole money making business of creating and selling scrap, compared to which the amount of COH2 farmers is next to nothing. I don't know thus how we should evaluate this warning. It might be just hot air for all we know.

TL;DR: There's no need to punish and alienate your playerbase for attempting to avoid a flawed drop system when you could just improve it. Everything else will just result in one dirty mess for the playerbase AND relic.
27 Mar 2016, 20:21 PM

And what is considered as farming? Using this mod with the script? using just the mod? or even playing vs easy ai? Like you said it is a very unclear "warning"
PAGES (68)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS