Login

russian armor

General trees and extra content

17 Apr 2013, 22:49 PM

Hi!
Dont you think that general trees are pretty weak? I mean there is really not much special abilities, just some unit unlocks. Also every tree isnt that unique, some russian trees even have same units at each one.

Sec thing that i wanted to discuss. If you pre-order the game you have acces to extra 2 more general trees. I think thats a cheap move. Its not an f2p game, its full pay off store game. Adding some skins for preorderers? Fine, but not general trees! General tree is quite the way your game style will look and takes big lace at ballancing the game. Restricting some ways of gameplay for some players isnt the way to go, specially at online rts game.

Also why those general trees are so empty? At CoH 1 you had 3 doctrines to chose from, each 3 trees of go. Now you have 3 generals(+ 2 p2w) and each of them has only one way to go. Its quite low;/.
18 Apr 2013, 00:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah pretty much.
18 Apr 2013, 02:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2013, 22:49 PMGazi
Hi!
Dont you think that general trees are pretty weak? I mean there is really not much special abilities, just some unit unlocks. Also every tree isnt that unique, some russian trees even have same units at each one.

Sec thing that i wanted to discuss. If you pre-order the game you have acces to extra 2 more general trees. I think thats a cheap move. Its not an f2p game, its full pay off store game. Adding some skins for preorderers? Fine, but not general trees! General tree is quite the way your game style will look and takes big lace at ballancing the game. Restricting some ways of gameplay for some players isnt the way to go, specially at online rts game.

Also why those general trees are so empty? At CoH 1 you had 3 doctrines to chose from, each 3 trees of go. Now you have 3 generals(+ 2 p2w) and each of them has only one way to go. Its quite low;/.

to my knowledge they aren't exclusive. but in a way i really like this strategy as there doesn't have to be an expansion pack with new factions so no brits/pe.

18 Apr 2013, 16:33 PM

I've noticed in the Inverse games and the Frontline Fatality games that were casted that most players unlocked their entire general unlocks relatively quickly. I assume this is Relic trying to make CoH2 games end faster? It seems everything goes faster in CoH2 vs CoH (VP counter, exp unlocks, teching)
18 Apr 2013, 17:00 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

They just slowed the VP counter to COH speed in the last balance patch.
18 Apr 2013, 17:30 PM

if COH2 goes this way on release it will be probably rated 5 out of 10 , we are not expecting C&C World war II from relic :( atleast not me and i totally agree with this topic exclusive doctrine for pre orders is just really stupid its not FPS game its RTS its about balance and skill
21 Apr 2013, 11:27 AM
Patrion 14

I do agree with some point of the original post, despite the fact that it is contradicting itself. Critiquing the general trees to be very similar, lacking in variety and lacking in impact is a point one can make, but then to flip flop over to the other side and claim that giving 4 exclusive generals as a pre-order bonus as unfair is a rather odd notion ;).

Still, I miss the call in abilities from coh 1 and the very distinct differences in the generals. On the other hand, it looks like relic will offer a good amount of combinations out of a given number of available general abilities, which invites experimentation and might offer more variety.

I expect to see substantial amount of different generals with combinations of the set amount of abilities at launch and will therefore wait to cast final judgment to see what the final version of the game will offer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★