Login

russian armor

Alliesl

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
14 Oct 2014, 01:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 00:58 AMGTTV
These threads seriously need to stop. Just because more players are searching a particular faction DOES NOT mean that faction is OP. If you have a legitimate concern regarding Balance then say so. But this statistic proves absolutely nothing apart from more people are preferring to play axis (also, this only applies to team games).

I play both Team games and 1v1s and I can tell you quite often there are more Allies searching than Axis in 1v1s. What does this mean? That more allies players prefer to play 1v1s then Axis at the moment. That's it. If you have something to say about balance then say it but again this shows absolutely nothing.

I can post screenshots of Allies searching at 100% as well. Again, it proves nothing.

I'm sure this entire thread proves something.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/24745/win-lose-ratio-from-15.9.--25.9.2014-much-more

Across all gamemodes and win ratios, the Axis, more specifically the OKW, are in the lead. And the 4v4 win ratio for the Axis, 90%, is just plain scary.
14 Oct 2014, 01:31 AM
Patrion 27

I think they only reason we are seeing more allies in automatch lately is because people prefer a challenge over playing as auto-win OKW Kappa.
14 Oct 2014, 02:26 AM

I'm sure this entire thread proves something.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/24745/win-lose-ratio-from-15.9.--25.9.2014-much-more

Across all gamemodes and win ratios, the Axis, more specifically the OKW, are in the lead. And the 4v4 win ratio for the Axis, 90%, is just plain scary.

The stats in that thread are certainly more relevant than one person posting one screenshot at a particular point in time and creating a thread about it.

Yes axis are OP in team games at the moment, I think everyone is aware of that. But we should be keeping the discussion rich with talking about why that is, rather than simply complaining about the ratios and saying 'fix it relic'.

Also, I am increasingly concerned that with all the calls to nerf Axis for the sole purpose of team games, 1v1 matches are going to be seriously negatively impacted. I really don't want to see competitive 1v1 play destroyed because of people who only play team games want only that game mode to be balanced.

All game modes should (in theory) be balanced, but for competitiveness 1v1s should be the priority going up the chain with 2v2s a close second. 4v4s are rarely balanced in any RTS - admittedly it is particularly bad in CoH2 right now. I have suggested previously in a thread to change the way team games fundamentally work rather than blanket nerfs/buffs which impact all game modes. But even now this is getting off topic with this thread.

What I'm saying is threads like this one we are posting in are not helping.
14 Oct 2014, 02:30 AM

We need more threads like this! We must drown Relic with our rage!!! OOOORAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 Oct 2014, 08:58 AM

Comon guys, i have seen the opposite.100% Allies, 0% Axis!
14 Oct 2014, 09:25 AM

its relic big balance fail
14 Oct 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 02:26 AMGTTV

Also, I am increasingly concerned that with all the calls to nerf Axis for the sole purpose of team games, 1v1 matches are going to be seriously negatively impacted. I really don't want to see competitive 1v1 play destroyed because of people who only play team games want only that game mode to be balanced.

All game modes should (in theory) be balanced, but for competitiveness 1v1s should be the priority going up the chain with 2v2s a close second.

I would agree with you if CoH2 had a very strong e-sports scene in which balance makes or breaks players ability to win large cash prizes such as you seen is Starcarft. I realise this what Relic is aiming for but to do this you need a large and supportive community base. Relic currently relies on continuing funding through purchases of DLC which relies on a happy community. Under mining the balance for the more popular team games undermines community well-being and makes a fairly large majority of players feel marginalized. This causes a risk that players will leave the community and decrease potential customers for new dlc. Clearer communication from Relic about balance design and direction across all game types would go a long way in increasing community moral. Even an knowledge about the flaws would help. Currently it very small tight knit community which has access to direct balance influence.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 02:26 AMGTTV

4v4s are rarely balanced in any RTS - admittedly it is particularly bad in CoH2 right now. I have suggested previously in a thread to change the way team games fundamentally work rather than blanket nerfs/buffs which impact all game modes. But even now this is getting off topic with this thread.

Yes team games are rarely balance but I believe this due more to the lack of active balance then anything else. Focus is given to 1v1 and with decreasing levels of consideration as the player numbers increase.

I too have made calls for change to they way teams are played by forcing into 1v1 style if the trickle up balance is to work.

14 Oct 2014, 09:38 AM

Yes it does happen but it is often a rare scene which become increasingly rarer as player numbers increase.
14 Oct 2014, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 21:26 PMB4Z00K4
Must be the only player who has more fun playing as Allies(soviets)...

nope. my mate and me always play as US and we are quite successful. of course its not easy but you still can win. I also think OKW has some units which are OP.
I do support the idea of the OKW having better units in Stock cause in the end of the war they had better weapons. its also cool every faction has an other way to play. but it should not be gamebreaking.
as an example 1 obersoldaten squad in red cover kills 2 Vet2 rilfe squads with 4 M1918. this is just ridiculus and not the way it should be.

US don't need pershings or heavy tanks. just do your balance job relic !
14 Oct 2014, 15:34 PM
Patrion 15

I took this screenshot but it doesn't happen at all, at least not that often.
14 Oct 2014, 15:37 PM

THAT MUST BE A GLITCH OR A BUG!!! CENSOR THAT NOW!!! MY SIG IS THE REAL TRUTH. DON'T TAINT IT!!!
14 Oct 2014, 16:33 PM

We don't want 4vs4 perfectly balanced, but balanced enough to be fun with random teammates.

I got faith that with Ardennes Assault some stuff will help...

We have to be patient.
14 Oct 2014, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned

We have to be patient.

:foreveralone:
14 Oct 2014, 18:52 PM
Patrion 15

We don't want 4vs4 perfectly balanced, but balanced enough to be fun with random teammates.

I got faith that with Ardennes Assault some stuff will help...

We have to be patient.

Get yourself some food and drink while you wait because something tells me you could probably die doing that.
14 Oct 2014, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 00:58 AMGTTV
These threads seriously need to stop. Just because more players are searching a particular faction DOES NOT mean that faction is OP. If you have a legitimate concern regarding Balance then say so. But this statistic proves absolutely nothing apart from more people are preferring to play axis (also, this only applies to team games).

I play both Team games and 1v1s and I can tell you quite often there are more Allies searching than Axis in 1v1s. What does this mean? That more allies players prefer to play 1v1s then Axis at the moment. That's it. If you have something to say about balance then say it but again this shows absolutely nothing.

I can post screenshots of Allies searching at 100% as well. Again, it proves nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=denial&biw=1600&bih=755&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=np89VMU7hNOKAuuUgfAF&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_
14 Oct 2014, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 20:42 PMOhme
Balance issues + Boring Allied faction design = Much Axis, wow.

cough,more ppl favors axis because axis haz cool uniform, kappa
15 Oct 2014, 00:22 AM

axis just has so much better uniforms, and voice acting. thats it really ;)
15 Oct 2014, 06:15 AM
15 Oct 2014, 06:23 AM

I would agree with you if CoH2 had a very strong e-sports scene in which balance makes or breaks players ability to win large cash prizes such as you seen is Starcarft. I realise this what Relic is aiming for but to do this you need a large and supportive community base. Relic currently relies on continuing funding through purchases of DLC which relies on a happy community. Under mining the balance for the more popular team games undermines community well-being and makes a fairly large majority of players feel marginalized. This causes a risk that players will leave the community and decrease potential customers for new dlc. Clearer communication from Relic about balance design and direction across all game types would go a long way in increasing community moral. Even an knowledge about the flaws would help. Currently it very small tight knit community which has access to direct balance influence.

Fair points, but I still disagree. A game doesn't become e-sports worthy overnight (how long has starcraft been around?) and you certainly aren't going to get there by disregarding balance for the most competitive game mode. At the moment team games are more popular, but 1v1s will get more popular if they work on them which will give the game the e-sports value it needs and thus boosting their player-base. I agree team games should not be disregarded either but I still believe the priority should be given to 1v1. No offense to team game players (I play them quite a lot as well) but I feel team games are more for 'fun' and 1v1s are more for serious play - thus making balance more important for 1v1 play.

Yes team games are rarely balance but I believe this due more to the lack of active balance then anything else. Focus is given to 1v1 and with decreasing levels of consideration as the player numbers increase.

I too have made calls for change to they way teams are played by forcing into 1v1 style if the trickle up balance is to work.

I agree completely with you here. Make team games work more like 1v1s so the balance trickle actually works.
15 Oct 2014, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 06:15 AMGTTV

That's rich. :mellow:

I'm guessing you don't play much 1v1, or think very hard about things.

Last time statistics were taken, 1v1 win rates were:

69.8 OKW
68.7 Soviet
68.2 Wehr
62.3 USF

For the top 200 1v1 players of each faction.

USF needs help, Soviets are fine (but their faction design still sucks)
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS