Login

russian armor

Jager Light Infantry 'cannot pick up items'

11 Oct 2014, 06:01 AM

I've been playing alot with scavange doctrine lately as OKW (loving this commander BTW) but one thing I've noticed is when you go to pick up a Medical Bag with the Jager Light Infantry (dropped by Sturmpioneers) a message appears saying 'this unit cannot pick up items' and they are unable to pick one up.

I understand this unit can't pick up other weapons (they have G43s) but to me it doesn't make sense that they can't pick up medical bags when this costs 40 munitions anyway. To me it seems like an unintended effect of making them unable to pick up any weapons (hense the message 'this unit cannot pick up items' rather than 'this unit cannot pick up medical bags').

Does anyone know if this is an intended dynamic or a mistake? It just doesn't make sense that the only way these units can be healed is with the medical truck, especially since the medical bags cost munitions.

Just speculating here, but it seems in the code they've made it so this unit cannot pick up items without realising the impact on medical bags.
nee
11 Oct 2014, 07:22 AM

That's been the case since June 24th. As far as I am concerned Relic ditched CoH2 entirely for the Ardennes campaign.
11 Oct 2014, 07:36 AM

Their hands are glued to their weapons, therefore they cannot pick up anything.

Since they were changed with the last patch it seems fair to make them able to pick up dropped weapons.
11 Oct 2014, 18:16 PM

Their hands are glued to their weapons, therefore they cannot pick up anything.

Since they were changed with the last patch it seems fair to make them able to pick up dropped weapons.

If anything, I consider the change a massive buff - that G43 scoped rifle insta-kills entities under 70% health - much, MUCH better than the 40% health the USF Pathfinders do.

Regardless, I don't think they need to be able to pick up weapons - they're pretty powerful as-is. Although the bug with not being able to pick up non-weapons like Medikits should be fixed.
12 Oct 2014, 04:31 AM

Yeah it certainly seems this is a bug. Could a mod move this to the Bugs section? Hopefully Relic will pick up on this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★