Login

russian armor

Fantasy Faction II: Core Infantry

• This thread is locked
9 Oct 2014, 21:10 PM

Merging conscripts with Obersoldaten/Panzergrenadiers/Sturmpioneers etc would be GDLK.

Not even joking.

The thing about conscripts is that they are much more squishier than... Nearly all axis infantry. Perhaps sturmpios could be merged into, but say, obers, are worth their reinforcement cost for their reduced accuracy from receiving small arms fire - which makes them last longer.

Cons inherit the new squads weapons AND reduced incoming accuracy. They just don't inherit the armor, so as long as it's not Shock Troopers you're gravy.
9 Oct 2014, 22:30 PM

When I get to vehicles I will explicitly state that fuel costs for OKW will be upped to account for the fact that they don't have a penalty, so that should not be a consideration

I disagree. There's way more in OKW's design to make up for the penalty than having good vehicles. OKW's inexpensive, mainline infantry having potent AT weaponry are also a factor that makes up for their resource penalty because there's not as much pressure on them to get a tank out.

Same with Obers. Obers in any faction that has a medium tank and normal fuel income would be bat shit OP.

9 Oct 2014, 23:12 PM
Patrion 14

The thing about conscripts is that they are much more squishier than... Nearly all axis infantry. Perhaps sturmpios could be merged into, but say, obers, are worth their reinforcement cost for their reduced accuracy from receiving small arms fire - which makes them last longer.

Do merged squads keep the recieved accuracy penalty? I ask because I remember a thread a while ago where it was stated that recieved accuracy depends on the squad itself, not models.
9 Oct 2014, 23:14 PM

Do merged squads keep the recieved accuracy penalty? I ask because I remember a thread a while ago where it was stated that recieved accuracy depends on the squad itself, not models.

Hmmm... If so, then:

ULTRA UTILITY CONSCRIPTS
10 Oct 2014, 05:31 AM

I think it was stated before but merged models take on the received accuracy, weapon stats, and any miscellaneous stats of the squad they are merging into. The only stat the merged models retain is their armor. Since the only infantry with armor are shocktroopers cons can freely merge into every squad except shocks and operate at 100% efficiency compared to the rest of the squad.
10 Oct 2014, 05:43 AM

You people all ignored the most important thing, Helmets grens have the coolest headgear therefore they emit an aura of superiority making them blessed the RNJesus and therefore are my number 1 infantry(also they get some cool gear Pfausts, LMGs, Rifle nades DECKED OUT :bananadance: )
10 Oct 2014, 07:16 AM
Patrion 14

Who needs pfausts if you can get any elite infantry with a 20mp reinforce! Also, I thought the German players would be hopping up and down with the thought of finally getting some utility! There were threads written about the OPness of utility!
10 Oct 2014, 16:03 PM

yeah tone down their damage...give them more....UTILITY :guyokay::guyokay::guyokay:
10 Oct 2014, 16:47 PM

Grens, hands down. LMG, faust and rifle nade make these troops brilliant.
10 Oct 2014, 16:57 PM

Come on people, vote for volksgren blobbing....
10 Oct 2014, 20:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well it is going to be grens of some sort...
12 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Locked at OP's request (He's adapting the poll, I think)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★