Login

russian armor

Munitions abilites GREATLY Allies Favour

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
8 Oct 2014, 15:09 PM

You must be really bad at micro then. If you look to your bottom-right panel in game, you'll notice an array of commands from stop to CREW SHOCK. Use this in conjunction with anything else you have in the area, flank with stuart and destroy :)

You do realize being a condescending arse won't make your points any stronger, far from it?

And you do also realize that even with the crew shock ability, the Puma outranges the Stuart?

That the Puma also has a useful turret lock ability, as well as smoke if it gets in trouble?

And that the Puma will also have support, and it so happens OKW had durable basic infantry with shrecks?

No one in their right mind thinks Stuart is a viable Puma counter unless you vastly outskill your opponent. And relying on M20 mine is a huge gamble; a good OKW player will have sweepers when he sees your M20 and won't risk his puma needlessly. Mines have always been deterrents and noob bashing machines, they have never been counters to anything due to their nature. And if your gamble doesn't work, you have literally nothing that can hurt the Puma until you either tech to captain (an economic loss) or get a Sherman/Jackson which come much later.

Also, doubting the skill of people who respond to you when one of these persons is top 10 OKW kinda makes you look bad. Just sayin'.
8 Oct 2014, 15:49 PM

Permanently Banned

You do realize being a condescending arse won't make your points any stronger, far from it?

And you do also realize that even with the crew shock ability, the Puma outranges the Stuart?

That the Puma also has a useful turret lock ability, as well as smoke if it gets in trouble?

And that the Puma will also have support, and it so happens OKW had durable basic infantry with shrecks?

No one in their right mind thinks Stuart is a viable Puma counter unless you vastly outskill your opponent. And relying on M20 mine is a huge gamble; a good OKW player will have sweepers when he sees your M20 and won't risk his puma needlessly. Mines have always been deterrents and noob bashing machines, they have never been counters to anything due to their nature. And if your gamble doesn't work, you have literally nothing that can hurt the Puma until you either tech to captain (an economic loss) or get a Sherman/Jackson which come much later.

Also, doubting the skill of people who respond to you when one of these persons is top 10 OKW kinda makes you look bad. Just sayin'.

If your opponent goes for puma rush so fast that he has it in the same minute that you have m20, it's unlikely he already has a shreck, let alone more than 1. With the stuart, sure it gets outranged, but you're probably not using it correctly if you're unable to pin a puma...it's really not that hard. All these arguments like 'Well a smart OKW player won't lose it' are just stupid since I can just say that a smart USF player can use a stuart to kill off a puma. Nighty night fanboys.
8 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM

Supported/supported puma > supported/unsupported m5 stuart. Always. Well, maybe 99.99% of the time since taxman thinks different.

The only time my stuart killed a puma was before stun shot NERF, playing against AI.
8 Oct 2014, 16:41 PM

If your opponent goes for puma rush so fast that he has it in the same minute that you have m20, it's unlikely he already has a shreck

What if I told you that Puma costs a total of 0 munis and conversion is not needed to get it out in 6th minute?
The rest is simply bullshit and trying to spin argument around so not even worth quoting.

Need to point out thou, you really live up to your sig.
8 Oct 2014, 16:46 PM

Sounds like the OP needs to be treated with this handy dandy removal spray.

Your welcome. Apply twice if needed.
8 Oct 2014, 18:01 PM

So when I bring a logical and mathematical argument to the table, about a game that has been balanced mathematically, all I get is sarcastic responses by you people, most of you haven’t even played more than a couple 1v1 games as OKW. The only argument on here is about puma...like wtf? What does this have to do with anything? Not hard to plant a mine with M20.

If you're going to be a pathetic douche, you should probably not post. Post if you're going to argue politely.

Your logical, mathematical discourse is of course that someone didn't play gud 'nuff. And is at odds with the game. Units can run over mines and have nothing happen. I've seen T-34's run over teller mines and have nothing happen. Not that a good player would put pumas out in the open.

And I wouldn't call people pathetic douches if you yourself are going to leave, "warning: massive chat troll" as your sig.

The notion that Allied munitions abilities are better than Axis munitions abilities doesn't bear out.

American artillery- white phosphorous excluded- is the worst in the game. It is a bunch of stuff that is so gimmicky that the gimmicks make it unreliable to the point of uselessness. The Soviets don't really get much either. Incendiary barrage is nice but that's about it. Admittedly, it seems like Relic buffed the airborne rocket strafe by cranking it to 11. Sometimes it seems like regardless of what you do, your tanks are fucked when that thing is triggered. I consider it reparations for the shitting airborne bombing run in COH1 though.

Infantry and vehicle abilities ain't much better. M20 armored skirts run 70 munitions and your vehicle is still vulnerable to small arms fire. Mine laying is nice but has a long duration. Enough so that you'd normally say, "well why don't I just use an engineer to lay some mines?" and then you remember. The US has other general purpose mine. There's demo charges for both factions but, again, gimmicky. I think they should be pulled but not before something is done to balance the tables in terms of blob busting.

Button got nerfed. AT grenades have a short range. Molotovs are fine. Grenades and smoke grenades are fine. If allied grenades are better it is by an indistinguishable factor- more often than not shitty RNG grenades can actually be attributed to bad infantry pathing and scripting having them all hump each other for the sake of green cover, or bunching up just in time to step on a mine.

The only time I play axis and say, "Gee, I wish I had that" is when it comes to artillery vet 1 abilities. Then again, I don't think any rocket artillery should have anything vaguely resembling "precision." There is nothing precise about vomiting 20 rockets into the sky and knowing that, at least, they will land over there, and not here.
8 Oct 2014, 18:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

At least 5 posts already invised by colleagues

BTW, welcome back to this board, acosn :)

6 pages in...I think we should move on, before things get out of hand.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 59
United Kingdom 55
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %