Login

russian armor

Rifleman Flamers

4 Oct 2014, 06:42 AM

Has anyone else had any success with upgrading 4 x Rifleman with flamers and BARS. Basically each squad gets a flamer at first and then a BAR later when I can afford it.

I have not come across any Axis infantry that can stand up to even two of the Rifles with flamers, then when all four of them get one plus a BAR all Axis infantry seem to melt away. It forces the Axis into going for vehicles to counter it, which I then go for AT Guns until I have enough fuel to start spamming E8's.

Anyone else use flamer rifles in 2v2?
4 Oct 2014, 06:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Only on certain maps

They blow up way to easily and don't allow to get flamethrower back :(

If OKW get Obers, flames will backfire very fast....

Ez8' also cost too much to spam anymore,

You are better off going cap with m20. spam mines

Go Major make sherman (depending on threat make m36 or another sherman)

Better not waste muni on flamers
nee
6 Oct 2014, 01:35 AM

Never used flamers for riflemen, I prefer they stand at a distance to shoot, the flamer upgrade demands that they move in close just so that one guy could attack something in cover. I use them to attack structures like caches, but the odds of that happening are too rare even in late game where I prefer they are doing something else that a vehicle can't do. More often I use flares and WP barrages, so that leaves even less munitions to spare.
6 Oct 2014, 01:52 AM

i prefer to get flamers and when obers come out ill just send a blob of 2 rifles to take on the obers and if its an ober blob then ill just blob all my rifles and burn the obers. Mass Flamers get insta crits which is very good and push the obers around which allows you to move in closer whilst the obers are in the process of getting in position again.
6 Oct 2014, 01:55 AM

i prefer to get flamers and when obers come out ill just send a blob of 2 rifles to take on the obers and if its an ober blob then ill just blob all my rifles and burn the obers. Mass Flamers get insta crits which is very good and push the obers around which allows you to move in closer whilst the obers are in the process of getting in position again.

I try to do this, but then there is the predicament where one of the flamethrowers blow up and your entire blob gets covered in fire... It would be nice if they didn't blow up, which would make sense why they cant be bought back.
6 Oct 2014, 02:42 AM

I try to do this, but then there is the predicament where one of the flamethrowers blow up and your entire blob gets covered in fire... It would be nice if they didn't blow up, which would make sense why they cant be bought back.

Yeah you gotta pray to the RNG Gods on that one :P
6 Oct 2014, 02:52 AM

They are good when you get grenades as well b.c whatever units have low hp after the grenade will burn. Only a useful doctrine in 1v1 really though b/c they are good at map control not at being cost effective. Nades are better than the bars for the cost
6 Oct 2014, 03:13 AM

Absolutely NOT worth.

The stupid design of COH2 flamer making them to easy to get crit and explode, and 60 muni wasted, right away.
6 Oct 2014, 03:41 AM

Absolutely NOT worth.

The stupid design of COH2 flamer making them to easy to get crit and explode, and 60 muni wasted, right away.
I really think they need to reexamine flamers in general. The explosions are way too consistent. They are way too unreliable right now.
Vaz
6 Oct 2014, 11:34 AM

I found that entire doctrine to be not worth it. The only saving grace is vet riflemen starting with at nade in the face of consistent kubel abuse. Other than that, everything else is not worth it. Why have a parachute flair when I can get a recon plane to show me much more for 10 more munitions? Ez8 sucks. It's not good at fighting infantry or anything more than a pzIV. Flamethrowers blow up too much and long range combat rules coh2 anyway. I had to remove this commander from my roster.
7 Oct 2014, 21:47 PM

those generals gentlemen people need a new line, ive seen the phrase "saving grace" 5 times today already.
7 Oct 2014, 21:54 PM

The Penal Flamethrower has a lower explosion chance if I remember correctly. Maybe just change the Riflemen and Assault engi Flamer to have the same chance like the Penal Flamer.
7 Oct 2014, 23:27 PM

I wouldn't mix bars with flamers. I would rather specialize squads - two for ranged, 1-2 for assaulting w/ flamer.

I recommend getting the grenade upgrade with flamers, as smokes can let you get up close with less risk of spontaneous combustion.

Why use the flare when you can recon? Accessibility and duration. The flare comes faster than the major, and often times my major will be chilling behind at a fwd retreat pt. The flare also lasts surprisingly long, definitely longer than the random type of recon pass the major scrapes together for you.

Anyway, flamers aren't really a flexible, must buy upgrade, and you cant just sit back and watch it work like others. I do wish they'd fix the one time purchase bug/feature, but I just buy it on one of the 3 other squads i probably have if one explodes, so it's not a dealbreaker.

Vaz
8 Oct 2014, 00:42 AM

Smoke could help the flamers do some things, very good for safely getting up close.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 74
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment