russian armor

I enjoy CoH 2

3 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM

Permanently Banned
LOVE?

NOOOOOO!!!!!!...

3 Oct 2014, 17:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People have different degrees of patience.

While both of this threads/post are useless: "I <444>3 COH2" and "BURN THEM ALL", at least you can salvage something from the negative ones. Things that they need to correct.

It doesn't make my gaming experience better telling me that i'm important, that you are working hard. Just show us results.
3 Oct 2014, 17:37 PM

I am all for criticism when well founded, it is absolutely essential and these forums are much better than the official ones in this regard. But lately I seem to notice an increase in players that just latch onto a topic and repeat it again and again in a way that would make you believe they lose every single game due to it exclusively (I'd rather not derail with an example).

And then there are some (many) that would make Relic out to be Justin Bieber and Satan's love child. There are tons of examples of RTS's that had depth and potential, but received one, or two or five patches after release and then faded into obscurity because of balance issues so blatant that they'd make CoH seem more balanced than... chess. EA are notorious for that, but they're hardly the only ones.

I was frustrated as anyone when I discovered what the commander system would be like in CoH2, I hated Windustry and the Ace, some of the current bugs should never have appeared or lasted as long as they have, but even so much of that has been fixed since. Almost everything the community has asked has been added or is being added - input lag was greatly reduced, lobbies were added, observer mode, improvements to the UI, commanders that are not combinations of old abilities, the brilliant March infantry combat rework - all of which, except the DLC, has been for free. Relic have been working, and in about a year there have been results. Yet on some days you can replace "Relic" with "dog" in topic titles and you've got a good example of what cats' forums would look like :P .

I'll stop now cuz it's shaping up to be Volume II of the Relic Defense Manual. I know there's issues and it's normal for most of the topics to be about them, rather than "this is awesome, that is awesome", and it's not those I object to. I come to these forums specifically for them. It's just that of the several game forums I'm a member of, few have several daily topics proclaiming balance to be at an all time worst, people quitting at least twice a month and the developer being ascribed several (contradictory) despotic ideologies.

If you're unhappy, the best way to show it is to not buy, and state why (no boycott BS, it's a personal choice). I won't be buying the WFA commanders until the War Spoils rework arrives, I won't be buying Ardennes Assault until the glaring bugs get fixed. I will buy them afterwards, though.
3 Oct 2014, 17:57 PM

I looooooove this game too but the "not bug fixing and constantly creating new ones" has gone to far. And why,so they can release every month new stuff to get our money.
It is like having a car with mechanical problems but you still release new cosmetic shit for it.
That a no go for me.
I supported the game buy buying commanders,skins,TOW packs and of curse WFA but i stoped there (another rediculess problem thing, so many freaking DLCs).I am not buying any commanders for WFA and i am seriusly thinking not to buy AA.
And Relic is the one to blaim for that for not fixing the Core (bugs) of this game.
3 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

This is not a hard concept to understand but it's a hard concept to accept because it's blatant imbalance. If anything, this is a perfect example of what frustrates people because this has been a core problem since the beta.

What is hard about accepting it once you understood it? You basically have the option to play according to what you understood or not to. Who would deliberatly try to loose?
IMHO most people simply don't get it. This is what I took away from chatting in game, steam and from talking to people on TS.

Basically it the same way vCoH worked. Its how asymmetric factions in RTS work in general. Its not imbalanced as such. Balance means all factions have the same chance to win if the players are equally skilled. Not all factions are the same and work the same and the only difference is the colours.

I have to say this is one of the things I really like about CoH. The asymmetry and the fact that there are no mirror matches. This and the smale scale (platoon to company level) are what appeals to me. I don't care to much that it is WW2 themed. I would like it as well if it was WW1, Korean War, aliens vs robots or trees vs axes themed.

BTW there are even simpler concepts most players don't get. Prime example: Unit conservation. If they waste their first three or so units as fast as they can make contact with the opposition its GG. That has nothing to do with one faction being not balanced. Balance influences how difficult it is to win the first engagements. It doesn't kill your units by itself.
Yet time and again you see players wasting units as fast a they can build them and wonder how the opposing team wich has map control can start to pump out medium armor befor the 10 minute mark... while they lack the MP to rech up and build AT. Each and every time you will see "<insert opposing faction> is so imba <insert insult>". Never "sorry team i screwed up bigtime. gg"
3 Oct 2014, 18:49 PM

When this game works, it's an amazing and exhilaration action ride. When it doesn't work, it's one of the most frustrating, irritating video games I've ever played.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 36
unknown 20
Mexico 18
Germany 855

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %