Login

russian armor

2v2 - OKW vs dual ISU-152 soviets

1 Oct 2014, 23:01 PM

I see this strategy constantly - always in the very very late game which is to be expected. They always come out earlier than the OKW heavies, and they tear through all the vetted infantry you've spent so much time keeping alive.

Only strat I've been trying is to get the JT and keeping the ISUs at bay, but scouting them is usually a suicide mission.

the JT sort of works, but its so dimwitted and slow, that they can just rush it once they've squad killed half my infantry with the ISU

any ideas, suggestions?

ISU feels game breaking late as of right now.

1 Oct 2014, 23:23 PM

yeah its pretty bulshit! especially when guards and AT(zis)around it.maybe the wehrmacht mate can be usefull in this situation with their scout. elefant doctrines.....
1 Oct 2014, 23:25 PM

Use fussilier flares to scout i think they get them at vet 1, then just use range to keep ISUs off the field
2 Oct 2014, 00:40 AM

jagdtiger can slug it out with 2 isus no problem. the isus are just as sluggish as they are.
2 Oct 2014, 01:46 AM

jagdtiger can slug it out with 2 isus no problem. the isus are just as sluggish as they are.

I agree that the JT can put a serious dent into the ISUs, but all you wind up doing is giving them vet as they backup into the FOW and repair only to creep back up again. Chasing after them with the JT is a death sentence for it, you have to be so careful with the JT because of the immense resource cost and how easily its taken down by circle stafting/flanking and its complete lack of an anti-infantry effectiveness.

I backed mine up with a jpIV which worked against the T34/KV-1 push, but I still lost a JT to a constant barrage of everything the soviets had.

not to mention the whole time you're tip-toeing around the ISUs trying to push them back, the rest of the soviet forces run roughshod over the rest of the map.

also - I dont play as the soviets, but every so often there would be one massive shell go off on one of my trucks - at one point they hit the JT and took ~50% of the health, what the hell are they shooting at me?
2 Oct 2014, 01:47 AM

Use fussilier flares to scout i think they get them at vet 1, then just use range to keep ISUs off the field

this is worthwhile, but the range on the rifle flare is pretty short, isnt it?
2 Oct 2014, 05:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

well what is your teammate doing? jagdtiger wins guaranteed against isu with same micro so your teammate should focus on killing the atguns and t3485s.
I played a 2v2 on rails against double isu play, we were pushed back until the JT came where we slowly pushed out. I was ostheer and went panthers and joint ops with howitzer and light arty to kill the atguns. JT has free reign
2 Oct 2014, 06:00 AM

also - I dont play as the soviets, but every so often there would be one massive shell go off on one of my trucks - at one point they hit the JT and took ~50% of the health, what the hell are they shooting at me?

That would be the Glorious B-4 203mm Heavy Howitzer. At vet 3 a critical hit will take out an Jagdtiger thats at close to full health.
2 Oct 2014, 06:36 AM

well what is your teammate doing? jagdtiger wins guaranteed against isu with same micro so your teammate should focus on killing the atguns and t3485s.
I played a 2v2 on rails against double isu play, we were pushed back until the JT came where we slowly pushed out. I was ostheer and went panthers and joint ops with howitzer and light arty to kill the atguns. JT has free reign

it was rails and metal, both OKW he had the "right" side of the map, fuel point trench with house, I had the open side of the map.

he was against the ISUs, I was fending off KV-1, T34 and shocks - We held middle and my side of most of the match, I was able to push into center a little bit, but couldnt venture over to help him much because I would have gotten flanked hard. He got a King Tiger out but still got pushed back.

there are definitely a few things I could've done better, but I was hoping there was something better than being forced to go JT.
2 Oct 2014, 11:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Double panthers from germans works very well too, but on rails and metal it is much harder to flank a well supported isu than lets say vaux or moscow.
2 Oct 2014, 14:52 PM

Double panthers from germans works very well too, but on rails and metal it is much harder to flank a well supported isu than lets say vaux or moscow.

I've chased ISUs around with panthers on big open maps, especially 3v3, but it takes a lot of hits to put it out of its misery, and a lot of micro to keep the panthers from getting chewed up, even harder with 2 of the damn things on the field.
3 Oct 2014, 10:44 AM

yeah i agree with arty to clear around isu because one of the big mistake except zis and.... is mines near isu,it prevent panthers chasing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★